Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 51 Franklin County 20
Final.
1) Boyle's D looked much better tonight but still gave up two big plays for TDs.

2)Running game was impressive. Boyle has 4 backs that are more than capable.

3) Boyle had to call timeouts on two extra point plays; one of their own and one of Franklin's because they only had 10 men on the field.

4) Boyle just doesn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders. Breakdowns occur out of nowhere. Very uncharacteristic for champion caliber Boyle teams.

5) Chris Cook (#31) is a one man gang on both sides of the ball. He is listed as 5'8" - 200 lbs. He looks MUCH bigger.
Good win for Boyle.I saw improvement on both sides of the ball,but they still need alot of work.
Congrats to Boyle,I don't know who number 5 is at linebacker but he controlled everything in the middle.
Whats shocking me is 29 pts last week and 20 pts scored again this week. Not like Boyle Co giving up that many points. Are teams running or passing to get these points?
Our D just isn't playing up to it's potential... They better get their arses in gear!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Whats shocking me is 29 pts last week and 20 pts scored again this week. Not like Boyle Co giving up that many points. Are teams running or passing to get these points?

SportzAnimal Wrote:Our D just isn't playing up to it's potential... They better get their arses in gear!

it doesn't matter how many points you gave up as long as your team puts up more points then the other, It all looks the same on the record W
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:it doesn't matter how many points you gave up as long as your team puts up more points then the other, It all looks the same on the record W

It does when you might have to play a TOUGH Bell Co defense this year.
How has Dawson been doing?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Whats shocking me is 29 pts last week and 20 pts scored again this week. Not like Boyle Co giving up that many points. Are teams running or passing to get these points?

The defense gave up 2 TDs last night on long busted plays. One an 85 yard run on the opening drive and the other a 40+ yard pass play where the receiver ran about 40 yards. Boyle won't face Franklin's speed again this year except for maybe against Danville. The other TD was on an interception return.
RoShamBo Wrote:How has Dawson been doing?

Not playing nearly as well as billed. Rumor is that he is battling turf toe and he is also a notorious cramper. Not been a major factor as of yet. Hopefully he turns it up a notch or two.
From the Advocate - Messenger

http://amnews.com/stories/2010/08/28/spo.048180.sto
Yep, I did not predict the upset right this week. Congrats to BC. After FC made it intersting early, BC completely dominated the rest of the game
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:It does when you might have to play a TOUGH Bell Co defense this year.

boyle will not see bell this yr
rd11 Wrote:boyle will not see bell this yr

Why?

A win is a win.

Who is going to beat them in the playoffs before the semis? Lex. Cath?

If your putting down Boyle, from the way Lex Cath.got thumped last night i dont see anyone standing between Boyle and LOG MOUTAIN come november.:Thumbs:

I don't see anyone beating Bell before meeting Boyle in the playoffs. Surely they will meet.
I came away from the game feeling better about Boyle's defence. The defence only gave up 2 first downs and that was late in the game when most of the boys were exausted. I only see Boyle county getting better as the year goes along because they will be in better gameshape each week.
If you look at the Danville newspaper, it indicates that on one score Franklin Co ran for 85 yards. It also indicates that they had a total of 39 rushing yards for the game. With the exception of the one 85 yard gain, they lost 46 yards on the balance of the rushing plays. No too bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatz here's another knowledgeable quote to be added from RD11. The un-known comic might just have been found.

Hatz Wrote:We'll be glad to hang this up next to some of your other gems of wisdom:

Boyle 36 Johnson Central 29 (About Lamar Dawson)

I dont see how dawson can play d-1 ball...really not impressive.... ..

Concerning the Johnson Central vs. Boyle matchup

yes,Boyle returns good D...but,if the offense cant score any points how do ya win...just saying...this is one of the three they lose

Preseason Predictions

not Boyle Co.,they will lose 3-4 games this yr..hate to say it .
Rebel55 Wrote:Hatz here's another knowledgeable quote to be added from RD11. The un-known comic might just have been found.

I'm collecting them. :biggrin:

Trust me it will be a Bell Co/Boyle Co State Semi game again at Log Mountain this year.

This State Semi game will always be the State Championship game in my eyes. The winner always end up State Champs.