How's Pike County stacking up?
pikecentralfan Wrote:1.pike cenral
2.belfry
3.sheldon clark
4.pikeville
5.east ridge
6.shelby valley
7.phelps
And there goes your credibility. Thanks for playing!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The day ANY team, let alone Belfry, fears a team who they have played every year consecutively for around 15 years...and defeated them by an average margin of around 35 points per game.... then I will move to Saudi Arabia....

Seriously... think this over....

I shall go with you...but I think that if that happens then we should move to Iraqi Kurdistan. I've heard it's beautiful up there. Big Grin
Roundabout Wrote:Ha…ha…your funny. I would not have replied if I had not read so many cry babies. Pike may not do very well this year time will tell but all the cry babies making excuses trying to justify why they got beat by Pike Central makes me sick. Every dog has it’s day. My argument is what excuses will teams give when Pike does win. If all the Or’s and Butts were candy and nuts we all would have a Merry Christmas. Deal with the facts everyone, final scores are what counts. So stop making excuses and accept the facts Pike Central made some noise this season. Get use to it, it will only get better.:moon:

You's Trollin....
Belfry0304 Wrote:We'll settle all of this this upcoming year, how about that?

I like the way you talkTongueirateSho
vundy33 Wrote::lmao::Clap::ChairHit:

I usually root for Central because I went there my senior year...but I can't wait to watch them get their teeth stomped in by Belfry.

Wear a red shirt because you don't deserve an orange one with this type of comment. Sounds like you have rode some bandwagons in your past. be gone !!
Panther Thunder Wrote:And there goes your credibility. Thanks for playing!

LOL:lmao:
Real Badman Wrote:I dont understand where you are going with this. The only win Pike Central had in Pike County was over East Ridge. So my question is: How can you proclaim to be the greatest in Pike County?

I don't recall proclaiming PC to be the best in the county? Where did you get that?

I am sorry that you were lost by the suspension bit, but that wasn't a PC game. That was one of the excuses used by another school. Where do you get all this information that was never posted? This is the second or third time that you have made this mistake. Do I need to draw you a picture of everything?
oldtimer3 Wrote:I don't recall proclaiming PC to be the best in the county? Where did you get that?

I am sorry that you were lost by the suspension bit, but that wasn't a PC game. That was one of the excuses used by another school. Where do you get all this information that was never posted? This is the second or third time that you have made this mistake. Do I need to draw you a picture of everything?

You might just have too, I can go back and count post after post by PCC fans proclaiming to be the best.
1. Belfry- a couple of Aces in the hole will help immediately. Beat them this year if you can.
2. Pike Central- Love him or loathe him, Chapman will field a good, competitive team.
3. SV/Pikeville. SVHS has enough coming back to be competitive but they lost a lot. Pikeville has Maynard and Ratliff and ..... a lot of positions for kids to make themselves a name. Mac will make PHS competitive, but the talent is a long way from where it needs to be.
4. East Ridge- improvement will be the key in baby steps
5. Phelps- see ER comment.
bucslover68 Wrote:1. Belfry- a couple of Aces in the hole will help immediately. Beat them this year if you can.
2. Pike Central- Love him or loathe him, Chapman will field a good, competitive team.
3. SV/Pikeville. SVHS has enough coming back to be competitive but they lost a lot. Pikeville has Maynard and Ratliff and ..... a lot of positions for kids to make themselves a name. Mac will make PHS competitive, but the talent is a long way from where it needs to be.
4. East Ridge- improvement will be the key in baby steps
5. Phelps- see ER comment.

I like the way you see things. Very well put.:Thumbs:
Shelby Valley is in a situation where things could go really good.

Two Key Returners -
- Logan Lucas - 81 tackles in 2009
- Rusty Roberts - 39 Tackles / 3 ints in 2009

Two Key Transfers -
- Brett Reynolds - 6'2" 220 lbs. and has more football skill than anyone on Valleys team.
- Tim Smith - 5' 9" 150 lbs. Runs a true mid 4.5, and will be more elusive than any opponent all season

Two Key Players from JV -
- Zack Norman - He has to do more than just hand it off, Valley cant be one dimensional.
-Lucas Fields - Has to make some plays, and must replace Hughes in the secondary.
Salimander Wrote:Wear a red shirt because you don't deserve an orange one with this type of comment. Sounds like you have rode some bandwagons in your past. be gone !!

Nah, you PC fans have put me off of Central athletics for life. And I graduated from there...It's kind of the same behavior that they showed after we (ER) beat you in the 2004 Region in basketball...:baby::Sad04:
Real Badman Wrote:You might just have too, I can go back and count post after post by PCC fans proclaiming to be the best.

I am sorry, but do I need to direct you again. Your comment was directed to me I think. Now you are generalizing, it's the PCC fans. Redirect me if I am wrong, but where did I make the comment. that PCC was the best. See if you can find it, ok.
oldtimer3 Wrote:I am sorry, but do I need to direct you again. Your comment was directed to me I think. Now you are generalizing, it's the PCC fans. Redirect me if I am wrong, but where did I make the comment. that PCC was the best. See if you can find it, ok.

You beat me with your words there. You didnt directly say PCC was the best. Me assuming you are a Pike Central fan without actually saying it would be very hypocritical of me, so I am sorry for that.
I heard our new quarterback allan has an arm thats it. They say we are better but idk. I go to school there but I still aint braggin cause we had one good season
Ok, I read this entire thread just now and I have to retract my previous posts...I can see where the really confident PC fans are coming from. I refuse to ever pick Valley to beat ER in basketball, even though I know it's going to happen. So, IMO we shouldn't criticize these fans for thinking PC will beat Belfry or be the best team in Pike or whatever they think. You all know that when it comes to your team it's a little painful or it hurts like a *****, depending on what kind of fan you are, to admit another team you dislike or hate is better.

As for myself, I've picked UK to go to the final four for the past 10 years...I will never pick us to have a bad season because I'm afraid I'll jinx the team. lol.
ukfootball Wrote:shelby valley is in a situation where things could go really good.

Two key returners -
- logan lucas - 81 tackles in 2009
- rusty roberts - 39 tackles / 3 ints in 2009

two key transfers -
- brett reynolds - 6'2" 220 lbs. And has more football skill than anyone on valleys team.
- tim smith - 5' 9" 150 lbs. Runs a true mid 4.5, and will be more elusive than any opponent all season

two key players from jv -
- zack norman - he has to do more than just hand it off, valley cant be one dimensional.
-lucas fields - has to make some plays, and must replace hughes in the secondary.
good luck sv i like the way youre doing things over there, there was some hitters on that jv team last year and your little league is tops, keep working hard and show class, thats what makes champions for life
Shelby Valley fan here, and just an impartial observer to the Belfry/PC shouting match taking place. Here's the way I see it.

Pike Central is an up-and-coming team. They had probably the best season ever in the history of the school, and return a lot of talented players. They have an excellent coach in Chapman. For the 2010 season, I would probably have to put them at a solid #2 in the county.

But they have a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Belfry. You're talking about a school that has long been the standard-bearer for excellence in football in this area. You're talking about a program that hasn't lost to another Pike County school in 10 years. You're talking about a school that has fielded very good teams, even in so-called "down" years.

So bottom line, the PC fans should cool it with the "Belfry is scared of Central" talk. Considering that they have never lost to Pike Central, and last year was the first somewhat competitive game between the two in a long time, I highly doubt it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As for how I would rank the county teams, here goes:

1) Belfry - still easily the class of the county
2) Pike Central - with SV suffering heavy losses to graduation, PC moves up solidly behind the Pirates
3) Pikeville - still should dominate district, struggle against better nondistrict teams
4) Shelby Valley - rebuilding year looms for the Wildcats
5) East Ridge - nipping on Valley's heels
6) Phelps - numbers may be an issue again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can agree with that, but its nice just to be competitive. Pike Central is relatively a new program and all that is being said is only that were proud of the progress of this team and are only cheering them on showing we have confidence in their ability. Belfry has had an excellent football program and a lot of people feel if they can compete with them they should be somewhere close to the top.
I have a boy playing for Valley this year. I have watched them practice and I dont see where graduation hurt them. I havent kept up with all Valleys games but they beat PC and ER pretty bad last year. Why are they not ahead of them?
heard east ridge is feilding the second largiest team in the county behind belfry so they are improving on the little things
More Cowbell Wrote:As for how I would rank the county teams, here goes:

1) Belfry - still easily the class of the county
2) Pike Central - with SV suffering heavy losses to graduation, PC moves up solidly behind the Pirates
3) Pikeville - still should dominate district, struggle against better nondistrict teams
4) Shelby Valley - rebuilding year looms for the Wildcats
5) East Ridge - nipping on Valley's heels
6) Phelps - numbers may be an issue again
I will agree on this one even though i would put pikeville and shelby valley at a draw.
Belfry Insider Wrote:I will agree on this one even though i would put pikeville and shelby valley at a draw.

I definitely think SV had a better team than Pikeville last year, if we had ranked the county teams in '09 I would have had Valley solidly as #2 behind Belfry. But they sustained such heavy losses to graduation, it is hard for me to justify putting them any higher than #4 this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2009 Final Rankings.

1.Belfry
2.Shelby Valley
3.Pike Central
4.Pikeville
5.East Ridge
6.Phelps
--------------

2010 Rankings
1.Belfry
2.PCC
3.Shelby Valley
4.Pikeville
5.East Ridge
6.Phelps
It kills me when ppl try to blame a score on the mud!!! It is just silly. BOTH teams are playing in the mud. It is not like it is rainy and muddy for one team and dry and sunny for the other team. They both had to play in it and face it they would have gave them a good game on turf as well even though they would not have beat them anyway. Any way nobody should ever blame the weather bc both teams are playing under the same sky and on the same field.