Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30th District 2010/2011
Here are my predictions for the 30th district next season.

1. Martha Layne Collins - Darryl Hicks and a good senior class should make the Titans favorites to win the regional title
2. Spencer County - Return everyone from last year, should have a shot at the regional title. Should have beaten Anderson in district last year.
3. Anderson County - Jacob Russell was everything for them last year, now he's gone. The Bearcats got lucky to get out of district last year.
4. Shelby County - Return only 3 high school age players - none of them played varsity.
5. Eminence - Return a speedy guard in Dre Banta and a good center in Bradley Foree.
I could probably agree to that. Spencer actually almost beat Anderson twice last year, lost at home on a last second tip in after a defensive breakdown. I think Anderson will be down next year, but the way they usually play defense they have a shot to keep a lot of games close and maybe pull a few out they otherwise wouldn't. If it's true that Spencer returns everyone, then I would almost give them the inside edge at number one, especially with the shakeup and splitting up of Shelby County into Collins High. And it's just too much to ask for me to just dismiss Shelby County, too much history there and I'm sure they will have a chip on their shoulders and something to prove when the play Collins. The district I believe will be down overall, but should be very competitive and we should see some exciting games this year.
BigVMan23 Wrote:I could probably agree to that. Spencer actually almost beat Anderson twice last year, lost at home on a last second tip in after a defensive breakdown. I think Anderson will be down next year, but the way they usually play defense they have a shot to keep a lot of games close and maybe pull a few out they otherwise wouldn't. If it's true that Spencer returns everyone, then I would almost give them the inside edge at number one, especially with the shakeup and splitting up of Shelby County into Collins High. And it's just too much to ask for me to just dismiss Shelby County, too much history there and I'm sure they will have a chip on their shoulders and something to prove when the play Collins. The district I believe will be down overall, but should be very competitive and we should see some exciting games this year.

While Shelby County is splitting in half, almost all of the athletic talent is in the west side of the county, in the Collins district. Shelby County has basically nobody returning in most sports. It will take a while for Shelby County to rebuild.

I am really hoping that Spencer County does really well this season. Although I live in Shelbyville, I am from Spencer County and have always wanted to see them succeed. I can't wait to see Spencer County and Collins play. Should be a fun season.