Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Tournament
Strikeout King Wrote:thoughts???

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball/men/

[Image: http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/craft17/lol.jpg]

-Looks like theVILLE wont have to wait long to see how Duke can handle that press.

-Wake Forest over Texas in the East. :dontthink Scald me if you want.

-Florida gets a 10 seed???
Well Ive griped about it on Facebook, so Ill bring it to BGR. By far the worst job by the selection committee Ive ever seen. Ive followed college basketball (and all other sports) for over 27 years, and this just baffles me. Vanderbilt gets a 4 seed? Yet Tennessee beats two number ones and gets a 6? HUH? Oh, Pittsburgh gets a 3 seed, along with the 8th place team in the Big East (Georgetown) and New Mexico gets a 3 seed too? Absurd. All while Purdue spends the whole year in the top 5 and ends up with a 4 or 5 seed, lol..Wake Forest loses 5 of its last 6 games, playing in a lousy ACC conference, but is playing in an 8/9 game? Florida, Minnesota, California, Utah State, and Wake Forest did NOT deserve to get in over Mississippi State. That is the biggest crock of garbage I got out of this. Teams like Gonzaga, New Mexico and especially UTEP losing in their conference tournaments to slug teams like freakin Houston knocking out worthy teams LIKE Miss. State, Virginia Tech, is garbage. Florida, Minnesota and Wake Forest should be playing in the other tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well Ive griped about it on Facebook, so Ill bring it to BGR. By far the worst job by the selection committee Ive ever seen. Ive followed college basketball (and all other sports) for over 27 years, and this just baffles me. Vanderbilt gets a 4 seed? Yet Tennessee beats two number ones and gets a 6? HUH? Oh, Pittsburgh gets a 3 seed, along with the 8th place team in the Big East (Georgetown) and New Mexico gets a 3 seed too? Absurd. All while Purdue spends the whole year in the top 5 and ends up with a 4 or 5 seed, lol..Wake Forest loses 5 of its last 6 games, playing in a lousy ACC conference, but is playing in an 8/9 game? Florida, Minnesota, California, Utah State, and Wake Forest did NOT deserve to get in over Mississippi State. That is the biggest crock of garbage I got out of this. Teams like Gonzaga, New Mexico and especially UTEP losing in their conference tournaments to slug teams like freakin Houston knocking out worthy teams LIKE Miss. State, Virginia Tech, is garbage. Florida, Minnesota and Wake Forest should be playing in the other tournament.

I agree with you 100%. Only thing you forgot is that Michigan St. got a 5 seed. If I am not mistaken, they won a share of the Big 10 regular season title and was around the top 10 nearly all season. The selection committee did a poor job this year. Mississippi St. should be in the tourney.
I would have put Mississippi State in over Florida. Call me crazy if you want.
lwc Wrote:I would have put Mississippi State in over Florida. Call me crazy if you want.

I agree with you there.
lwc Wrote:I would have put Mississippi State in over Florida. Call me crazy if you want.

Mississippi St. in over Utah St., Minnesota, California as well.

Agreed. There more deserving than the Gators!

tell me exactly what Florida has done to get into the Tournament???? Pay The Selection Committee Off Or Something???
Quote:I agree with you there.
especially after making it to the SEC championship game and only losing to UK in overtime by just 1
Super_Steeler36 Wrote:especially after making it to the SEC championship game and only losing to UK in overtime by just 1

After Miss. State beating Florida in the SEC, and taking the #2 team in the nation into OT twice and only losing by one in the SEC Championship. I would have liked to seen them in the Midwest in Houstons spot opening up with Maryland.
I disagree, I do not think MSU desrves to be in. Yes they played well in the SEC tourny because they had to and played UK well twice but it is easy to get up for the big games but you can not lose to Rider, Richmond and Western KY and play Texas-Pan America, Bethune-Cookman, Southeastern Louisiana, Wright State and Centenary and expect to get into the NCAA.
Miss State got hosed, along with Virginia Teach and I totally agree with everything TD32 said above!

I think Duke vs. Louisville could be a good match-up in the second round.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Miss State got hosed, along with Virginia Teach and I totally agree with everything TD32 said above!

I think Duke vs. Louisville could be a good match-up in the second round.

Second round will be full of games alot of us are looking forward to seeing.

I would like to see Louisville take away a win against Duke. :eyeroll:
I think most like to look at who made it and who is out and that is always fun but I think there are only about 8-10 teams in the field that can win the NCAA championship.
UK and TN in the championship game
CATFAN2 Wrote:UK and TN in the championship game

Long night?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well Ive griped about it on Facebook, so Ill bring it to BGR. By far the worst job by the selection committee Ive ever seen. Ive followed college basketball (and all other sports) for over 27 years, and this just baffles me. Vanderbilt gets a 4 seed? Yet Tennessee beats two number ones and gets a 6? HUH? Oh, Pittsburgh gets a 3 seed, along with the 8th place team in the Big East (Georgetown) and New Mexico gets a 3 seed too? Absurd. All while Purdue spends the whole year in the top 5 and ends up with a 4 or 5 seed, lol..Wake Forest loses 5 of its last 6 games, playing in a lousy ACC conference, but is playing in an 8/9 game? Florida, Minnesota, California, Utah State, and Wake Forest did NOT deserve to get in over Mississippi State. That is the biggest crock of garbage I got out of this. Teams like Gonzaga, New Mexico and especially UTEP losing in their conference tournaments to slug teams like freakin Houston knocking out worthy teams LIKE Miss. State, Virginia Tech, is garbage. Florida, Minnesota and Wake Forest should be playing in the other tournament.

I couldn't agree more. Duke getting the third 1 seed is a joke. It's debatable if they even deserve a 1 over WVU. The job the selection committee done this year was a joke.
why did uk get the 3rd #1 seed insted of the 2nd. Syracuse lost 2 of the last 4 and moved a head of kentucky
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:why did uk get the 3rd #1 seed insted of the 2nd. Syracuse lost 2 of the last 4 and moved a head of kentucky

Kentucky got the 2nd #1 seed.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky got the 2nd #1 seed.

ok thanks for clearing that up
Jay Bilas has Cornell playing WVU in the Elite 8. He said, "Kentucky is better, but give Cornell a chance."

I think Duke has the best shot of any #1 seed of making the Champ. game.

I do love seeing Dicky V picking UK to win the National Championship. And to think, so many of you people said that Vitale hates UK.
how in the world did Florida (21-12, SEC 9-7) & Minnesota (21-13, Big 10 9-9) get in the Tournament over Mississippi State (23-11 SEC 9-7)??? sure Miss. State lost to Rider and Richmond but they beat DePaul, UCLA, HOUSTON, FLORIDA and Vanderbilt.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:why did uk get the 3rd #1 seed insted of the 2nd. Syracuse lost 2 of the last 4 and moved a head of kentucky

Duke got the 3rd #1, 'Cuse got the 4th.