Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kentucky most hated since Michigan fab 5?
Being a Kentucky wildcat diehard and bleeding blue from birth I may
seem a bit biased in my favortisms. After the miss. state game and
listening to commentators all through out the season which always seem
to favor whomever Kentucky is pitted against. I came to a conclussion
that our America possibly Hates KY.. as they seemed to dislike the flamboyant..cocky Michigans Fab 5 is my only comparison..certain people do not want Ky at the top or likewise in the winners circle come March madness. And it is somewhat a shock to my person as in the rick pitino days against Duke and christian's well known stomp on one of our players while laying down even people who disliked basketball favored Kentucky basketball. Richie farmer...travis ford..tony delk..Jeff shepherd..even rajon rondo were well cut..well behaved young men that garnered respect and admiration from the college game. I blissfully aways thought of the wildcats as the dallas cowboys of Days gone by..possibly the Americas team percay? lol
The perception or ideal of kentucky being a powerhouse now and in days to
come most certainally rattles a lot of cages in not only the SEC but the
national Spotlight as well. Every telivised game has a more so national audience Hoping and drooling for a Kentucky loss than the wildcat faithful tuning in to watch their beloved wildcats bring a hard fought win back to the bluegrass state. Is Kentucky as good or better team than perhaps A Kansas and should be respected and treated as such. I do not know..maybe if one can only ask a tennesee fan under oath Wink
UK is not hated. People hate when the refs are biased towards UK, which they were last night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky has always been known as "Cheatin U" in the eyes of the college basketball. And our fans shouldnt complain that everybody will hate us, especially after hiring Calipari. I wouldnt pay much attention to anybody else. Nobody likes you when your on top anyways. Let them hate. Id rather be hated for winning than one of those "lovable losers" any day of the week. Screw 'em.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky is not hated. UK fans are way to sensitive as well as self-absorbed. Let's be real, UK has been a forgotten entity over the last ten years, so nobody in the Basketball community took us very seriously. Our fans have an unreal picture of what other pundits or fans really care about.
Espn has jumped on the UK bandwagon this year.
Rediculas thread.
Stardust Wrote:Kentucky is not hated. UK fans are way to sensitive as well as self-absorbed. Let's be real, UK has been a forgotten entity over the last ten years, so nobody in the Basketball community took us very seriously. Our fans have an unreal picture of what other pundits or fans really care about.

I agree. There are many fanbases out there who feel that they are "hated" and have the "everyone is out to get us" attitude. There are Tennessee football fans, who to this day, still think ESPN is out to get us after the Peyton Manning-Charles Woodson heisman saga several years ago. In most cases, any program that is even close to being legit, feels they are hated in some way or another.
I dont see where you guys get UK is hated...Sure Clark Kellogg and Bob Knight hate u but they dont like anyone! UK is probably one of the most liked teams around..I mean you got to tn and ohio and indiana ( i have family leaves in all of them) and all you hear is John wall this, Cousins this, patterson that, and some that say Cal is a cheater..but not very many of them
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I agree. There are many fanbases out there who feel that they are "hated" and have the "everyone is out to get us" attitude. There are Tennessee football fans, who to this day, still think ESPN is out to get us after the Peyton Manning-Charles Woodson heisman saga several years ago. In most cases, any program that is even close to being legit, feels they are hated in some way or another.
Nobody hates Tennessee football like I do, but even Ill admit Peyton deserved the Heisman over Woodson.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Kentucky is not hated. UK fans are way to sensitive as well as self-absorbed. Let's be real, UK has been a forgotten entity over the last ten years, so nobody in the Basketball community took us very seriously. Our fans have an unreal picture of what other pundits or fans really care about.

Could not have said it better. Great post!!!
Yeah I agree with Jarons...thats a good post...........for a Bengals fan :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i dont know how much more love you want! You cant get mcuh more love than what they are getting at the moment...I mean a team the was in the NIT to the top 2 now and the most popular team in college basketball! Everyone in america is doing the john wall dance, and everyone is on the badwagon, i really dont see what you mean here...give me one logiacl reason that UK isnt loved right now
America has always had someone that "we love to hate." Whether it is the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Boston Celtics, Dale Earnhardt, Jeff Gordan, or Ric Flair, we love to hate the guys in the black hats. As a WVU fan, I grew up hating Penn State and Pitt. WVU never played UK and thus, I could not get that much hatred for UK. But when the empire was crumbling down around Eddie Sutton and "Kentucky's Shame" was on the front cover of Sports Illustrated, I got a pretty good laugh out of it. Mainly due to a very good friend of mine being Dale Brown's assistant basketball coach at LSU at the time.

Now I have a very good friend who lives in Louisa, KY. His 92 year old grandmother does read these boards. According to him, she has not taken to kindly to my disparaging of UK. (Rumor has it some of you are not too thrilled with my sUcK banter either.) So I offer a mia culpa of sorts. I guess this would be a good thread to stick it in. I may not like UK basketball, but I would be lying if I did not say I respected UK basketball.
I really do not think that the hate isn't any different for Kentucky this year in comparison to UNC last year, going from venue to venue. You really do see the disdain for a program on the road and the result is always the same, a stressful high strung environment brewing for an opportunity to erupt. In that sense, what happened to UK the other night can really happen to any top tier team on any night. UK is to KU is to UNC. These three schools share the hate nationally. There are bandwagon fans and there will be fans that root against them anytime they catch them on TV (me included for UNC). That is how it is suppose to be if you are at the top where these types of programs need to be...
Hopefully sometime soon, Indiana, UCLA, will joining once again.

Quick question, who was the coach during the fab five for Michigan.
Steve Fisher
^ Thanks man!
Steve Fisher, lol....took over for Michigan heading into the NCAA tournament in 1989 and won the whole thing. Thats a heck of a way to start off your first six games!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would say they are not.
I don't know really where the hate came from? People from everywhere just talk about how great Kentucky is! There are some haters but that comes with the game of winning and losing.
everyone loves john wall too much to hate us
Yeah, I don;t hear anyone hating on UK.. cept' for the Miss. game the other night.. The water bottle ordeal yeah... That was just uncalled for.