3.dalton richardson (virgie)
4.cody belter (dorton)
5.austin kidd (pikeville)
6.johnny miller (feds creek)
7.owen caudill (dorton)
8.andrew newsome (virgie)
9.damon adkins (mullins)
10.michael fields (elkhorn)
Looks pretty good to me!!!! It can change after any given game. Good Luck All Teams.. and all players!!!!!
I think without a doubt that Owen caudill is the best in the county and a close 2nd and 3rd being Belter and Richardson and then Johnny Miller and then Justice.

I think it killed Virgie losing caudill at the point and really benefited Dorton
EasyMoney Wrote:I think without a doubt that Owen caudill is the best in the county and a close 2nd and 3rd being Belter and Richardson and then Johnny Miller and then Justice.

I think it killed Virgie losing caudill at the point and really benefited Dorton

it did kill virgie and benifited dorton
is owen caudill the kid from adams?
Right now the best player in Pike county is Camron Justice. The kid can flat out play.

Behind him in no particular order is Richardson, Belter, Newsome, Caudill, Miller, Meade, and Fields. Pike County has a ton of talent.

I do not agree losing Caudill killed Virgie. Losing him hurt Virgie but they are in no way "killed".

I do agree Caudill has really helped the Wildcats. Without him i don't think they would be in the top 4.
What I am saying is with Caudill at the point, Virgie would be unstoppable.

Now, there are two other teams on the same level as them.
This is the best group of talent I have seen in Pike Co. The parity among the teams is wonderful! I just love the competition and the skill level, hopefully, we can keep that going in Pike Co. for a long time!
EasyMoney Wrote:What I am saying is with Caudill at the point, Virgie would be unstoppable.

Now, there are two other teams on the same level as them.

I don't think Virgie minding losing Caudill at all, actually they seemed kind or relieved. As far as Caudill on the point at Dorton, I haven't seen that happening, maybe in the B team, but Lucas runs the point at Dorton. As far as Caudill, he is far too selfish of a player to ever run the point. A shooting guard he might be, but not a point guard.
I have seen almost every team in our region including Hazard and have kept my opinions as neutral and objective as possible until now. I doubt if anyone will care but I have been around basketball my whole life and have seen and competed against some of the best players anywhere at every level and feel confident that as far as middle school I can evaluate based on age and ability who is my pick for best player. I think that Cameron Justice (hands down) has some of the best skills and instincts for a 12 year old kid that I have seen anywhere. He is full of confidence and has great competitive desires to win and demonstrate his skills in the heat of battle when most players his age usually back down. I have seen other players that compete very well but as of yet (head to head) he has impressed me the most as one player that is the best.
alot of talent in pike this year
With what I've seen this year I would have to go with
1. Owen Caudill
2.Camron Justice
3.Cody Belter
4.Dalton Richardson
5.Meade from Mullins.

but you could switch the top two because it's pretty much a toss up between them IMO.
Probably the best talent in pike co. has ever had
The great thing about Cameron Justice is his attitude and work ethic. He is never satisfied with his skill level. He will continue to work hard and he will truly be a GREAT one.He is a super kid with supportive parents and he knows what it takes to get to the top---HARD WORK. I wish him the best
allornothing Wrote:I don't think Virgie minding losing Caudill at all, actually they seemed kind or relieved. As far as Caudill on the point at Dorton, I haven't seen that happening, maybe in the B team, but Lucas runs the point at Dorton. As far as Caudill, he is far too selfish of a player to ever run the point. A shooting guard he might be, but not a point guard.
Caudill shoots the ball and he does some one on one, but he also has a crowd of assist and steals. He is a very talented player.
[quote=School Admin.]This is the best group of talent I have seen in Pike Co. The parity among the teams is wonderful! I just love the competition and the skill level, hopefully, we can keep that going in Pike Co. for a long time![/Q
Took the words right out of my mouth. The county is loaded.:flame:
IMO it has to be Camron Justice from Feds Creek. This kid is truly amazing. Watched him last night against Belfry and didn't know what to think!
just to let everyone no michael fields#10 . can play as good as those boys . come on give credit to those boys at ec come on love those kids.
No....That is the Owen Caudill from Pike County!

--owen caudill from Prestonsburg...
The best players in pike county.well they are sevral very good players in the county.have watched a lot of middle school ball this year,and have seen every school play at least one game.so to say owen caudill s the best player in pike county is absurd.this boy is a very good ball player and very talented but they are sevral better ball players in the county.first of all the best and most dominate player in pike county is cody belter by far,no one can stop this kid they can just hope to contain him some.but here is my list of top players in the county.

Cody belter (dorton)
camron justice ( feds ck.)
johnny miller (feds ck.)
big jon johnson (virgie)
andrew newsome (virgie)
dalton richardson (virgie)
owen caudill (dorton)
mason bowling- (virgie) if he would have played like he has the last 3-4 games he would be #2-3
dylon meade (mullins)
corey hamilton (virgie)
the center from feds ck. Don't know his name.
Alot of talent in this county.
SPORTS FANN Wrote:The best players in pike county.well they are sevral very good players in the county.have watched a lot of middle school ball this year,and have seen every school play at least one game.so to say owen caudill s the best player in pike county is absurd.this boy is a very good ball player and very talented but they are sevral better ball players in the county.first of all the best and most dominate player in pike county is cody belter by far,no one can stop this kid they can just hope to contain him some.but here is my list of top players in the county.

Cody belter (dorton)
camron justice ( feds ck.)
johnny miller (feds ck.)
big jon johnson (virgie)
andrew newsome (virgie)
dalton richardson (virgie)
owen caudill (dorton)
mason bowling- (virgie) if he would have played like he has the last 3-4 games he would be #2-3
dylon meade (mullins)
corey hamilton (virgie)
the center from feds ck. Don't know his name.
Alot of talent in this county.

His name is Patrick Coleman
It was a great year for basketball in Pike Co.! Lots of talent and some really great teams! Picking the best players is always a matter of opinion, but with that being said, I watched all the teams play this year and I will give my opinion on the best players I have seen.
1. Cameron Justice- Feds Creek, great talent and ball sense
2. Cody Belter- Dorton, awesome center who dominates a game, he will only get better!
3. Johnny Miller- Feds Creek, great ball handler and deadly shooter.
4. Owen Caudill- Dorton, good ball handler and excellent scorer
5. Mason Bowling- Virgie, doesn't get as much ink as some of his team mates, but was the best scorer Virgie has. A real nose for the ball!

In selecting those kids, let me say there were some other great players, I picked these because I felt they were the most consistent players I had seen, again, some people will argue my choices, and they will bring up excellent points for their selections, this is only my opinion based upon what I have seen this year.
Wonder where SRORTS FAN is from??????? naa, couldn't be Virgie!!!!! Although he has his opinion, he's no nose for talent!!!!! All mentioned boys qualify well EXCEPT Cory Hamilton , he tries but just doesn't have the size to ever play ball beyond Middle School, so let it go daddyo!!!!!!!!
back_in_black Wrote:1:camron justice
2:owen caudill
3:dalton richardson
4:cody belter
5:andrew newsome
6:johnny miller
7:michael fields
8:dillon meade
9:patrick coleman
10:chandler rowe

I agree with the very first post with the exceptions of 3) cody belter 4) richardson and 5) dillon meade and moving newsome to the bottom of the list to 10).. but i like all the same names just changing the order some!!! The question is how beneficial they will be to their high school teams or if they will even get significant minutes, assuming they all go to the schools they feed!! Im sure justice will, belter will, and meade will, but will caudill get any varsity minutes in the next two years at valley, will richardson, newsome def wont and the last three in my picks def wont.
Dylan Meade has already been getting playing time on varsity, in fact he even started a few games this year for Pike Central. Belter, Richardson and company will see a lot of playing time by there freshman and soft more years because Valley is going to go through a down spell. I never got to see East Ridge play but I was told that Justice got a lot of playing time for them, maybe even started here and there too.
Beltner will have to get time, Valley has very little height next year. Of course it all depends on the coach and if, as you say, they all go where they should go. Lets not forget those kids that end up at Valley from all over the county. They are famous for last minute move-ins.
Woooo Wrote:Right now the best player in Pike county is Camron Justice. The kid can flat out play.

Behind him in no particular order is Richardson, Belter, Newsome, Caudill, Miller, Meade, and Fields. Pike County has a ton of talent.

I do not agree losing Caudill killed Virgie. Losing him hurt Virgie but they are in no way "killed".

I do agree Caudill has really helped the Wildcats. Without him i don't think they would be in the top 4.

I agree with you Pike Co. does have ALOT of talent. I think next year will have some GREAT games too.:Thumbs: