Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2010
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im really counting 2010 as Ben first real season as Panther head coach. Being that Copley was fired kindve late in the game last year and Ben couldnt get here to oversee off season conditioining until after the school year was over. From what Ive been told our off season conditioning is receiving a much needed overhaul which is welcomed by me and tons of others in the community. I think you will see a much stronger team up front next year.

imo, that is what was lacking this past season. Good point. J.R. ran strong all season, along with Ross McCoy and Randy Maynard, and Taylor Ratliff. Strong line play is always a key point when the ball is ran.
hammertime Wrote:Awwww......Did I hit a sore spot for you baby doll? If him or his parents pushed the issue Garris would cave right in and try to get him eligible. Win or lose, football builds character, that's why I would want my kid(s) to play. It is about becoming a disciplined and well rounded man. Football helps shape young men into men. If you don't want your son to become a man then let him stay on the side while life passes him by.

Yeah you did, its on my ace so i need you to kiss it for me. There has been 3 cases of ineligibility at PHS, all 3 have been all up on Garris and emailed to confirm. Cant even practice.

You can sit there and say all you want but none of this will get kids out.
I bet either him or one of his assistance are monitoring weight lifting right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
hammertime Wrote:Awwww......Did I hit a sore spot for you baby doll? If him or his parents pushed the issue Garris would cave right in and try to get him eligible. Win or lose, football builds character, that's why I would want my kid(s) to play. It is about becoming a disciplined and well rounded man. Football helps shape young men into men. If you don't want your son to become a man then let him stay on the side while life passes him by.
Lol that's freaking hilarious, no he won't. Trust me.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Lol that's freaking hilarious, no he won't. Trust me.

That's hilariously right!

I have personally talked to this kid, I believe he would play if he were eligible. Hopefully we can get him eligible and he will come out like I suspect him to. The AD can't help what the KHSAA rules and neither can this kid. Give them both a break and maybe it will all work out for the best.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I have personally talked to this kid, I believe he would play if he were eligible. Hopefully we can get him eligible and he will come out like I suspect him to. The AD can't help what the KHSAA rules and neither can this kid. Give them both a break and maybe it will all work out for the best.

I talked to him to, and he plans to play. I went to Pikeville in middle school. One of the things I want to see around here is this program back on top
Having the little league & Jr high programs back on top should be priority. i.m.o. What a boost this would be for the success of the varsity program.
Do they just play for the county championship, or are they thinking about joining a conference?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
IMO the JR high needs to rejoin the Big Sandy Conference. Jackson pulled us out of it in '06 and I and many others Im sure literally begged him not to but he did anyway. IMO it will build better players by facing P-burg, JC, Hazard, Breathitt, and SC JR high teams than beating East Ridge and Phelps 60-0 every week. Then when we play a team like Belfry or P-burg etc. We dont know how to react when we get down or something doesnt go our way because we get this mindset that if we arent up 35-0 at the half then something is wrong. HMMM...Kind of sounds like the same problem the varisty has had over the last couple years.....I wonder why??? As far as the LL is concerned IMO its in capable hands with Frankie Justice at the helm. The best news of all is from what Ive been hearing is that School System might finally be coming to their senses about their painfully foolish "No hold back" policy. Lets only hope and pray it isnt just for the B-ball team.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The best news of all is from what Ive been hearing is that School System might finally be coming to their senses about their painfully foolish "No hold back" policy. Lets only hope and pray it isnt just for the B-ball team.
Pllllllleeeeeaassseeeeee!!!!
Don't understand what Coach Jackson was thinking by taking this team out of the B.C.S. I would think this has to be counter productive. Any football coach regardless of what level , would want his team to compete at the best competition possible.i.m.o.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Don't understand what Coach Jackson was thinking by taking this team out of the B.C.S. I would think this has to be counter productive. Any football coach regardless of what level , would want his team to compete at the best competition possible.i.m.o.
He claimed at the time that the school made him do it in order to cut down on fuel costs???? It wouldnt surprise me if they did but I dont know for a fact one way or the other.
Definitely hurt the program. Thanks H.P.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:He claimed at the time that the school made him do it in order to cut down on fuel costs???? It wouldnt surprise me if they did but I dont know for a fact one way or the other.

Wouldn't surprise me either. That's just crazy. We can't afford to drive a bus to Hazard, Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Louisa, etc...? I'm sure we can get some of the fellas to chip in for a tank of gas. The Jr. High program is in excellent hands now and I'm sure these matters will be addressed and fixed.
jetpilot Wrote:Wouldn't surprise me either. That's just crazy. We can't afford to drive a bus to Hazard, Paintsville, Prestonsburg, Louisa, etc...? I'm sure we can get some of the fellas to chip in for a tank of gas. The Jr. High program is in excellent hands now and I'm sure these matters will be addressed and fixed.

Agree. We've got very capable and respectable coaches at that level now.Hopefully we'll see some great things in the future.
joethegreek Wrote:Pikeville needs to get stronger, tougher and improve on the line. I'll say this they have the coach that can turn around the program, but it will take time.

Agree. Just hope after next two yrs. this program will sustain and keep building to get back to where it needs to be. I know Ben is very capable and can get it done. Just hope Hillard will be on the sidelines next season to help out if he resigns from LCC. IMO this would make an impact as far as gettng more student/Athletes out
Big Five-0- Wrote:Agree. Just hope after next two yrs. this program will sustain and keep building to get back to where it needs to be. I know Ben is very capable and can get it done. Just hope Hillard will be on the sidelines next season to help out if he resigns from LCC. IMO this would make an impact as far as gettng more student/Athletes out
Having Hillard on the sidelines will do nothing but help us next year as well as in the future. Ive heard he is gonna help Ben next year from some pretty reliable sources. But Im taking a wait and see approach as to whether or not he does it or retires to Florida as planned.
Just hope sunny Fla. don't look too sunny.lol
Big Five-0- Wrote:Agree. Just hope after next two yrs. this program will sustain and keep building to get back to where it needs to be. I know Ben is very capable and can get it done. Just hope Hillard will be on the sidelines next season to help out if he resigns from LCC. IMO this would make an impact as far as gettng more student/Athletes out

Yes it would....players from near by states and hometown kids.
Xerxes Wrote:Yes it would....players from near by states and hometown kids.
:Thumbs:
Good luck ben
Yes if pikeville wasnt like a prison an they didnt take everything so serious an if they had teachers tht could teach an could get good coachs in tht didnt just get off drugs and didnt resign for being on drigs then we would be a good school but pikeville hides everythingunder the rugs so it dont mek them look bad.
maroondude Wrote:Yes if pikeville wasnt like a prison an they didnt take everything so serious an if they had teachers tht could teach an could get good coachs in tht didnt just get off drugs and didnt resign for being on drigs then we would be a good school but pikeville hides everythingunder the rugs so it dont mek them look bad.

Smells like rope burning ---- or something.:biggrin: