Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands RB Collinsworth wins Paul Hornung Award
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...311200053/

Highlands senior running back Austin Collinsworth on Friday afternnon was announced as the winner of the Paul Hornung Award, given annually to the top high school football player in Kentucky.
Collinsworth, who has helped the Bluebirds win back-to-back Class 5A state titles, was an all-state defensive back as a sophomore and all-state receiver as a junior.

He moved to running back in the offseason and entered Friday’s playoff game against Johnson Central with 1,040 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns. In Friday night's 42-21 victory against Johnson Central, Collinsworth rushed for 159 yards and three touchdowns on 14 carries,

Hornung and a group of advisers decide on the winner of the award.

Hornung, who starred for the Green Bay Packers in the 1950s and ’60s, played at Louisville Flaget before winning the Heisman Trophy as a senior at Notre Dame.

Collinsworth is the son of former Bengals standout wide receiver and current Monday Night Football analyst Cris Collinsworth
Congrats to AC. Many more awards comign for this young man
How many games has he lost in high school? It can't be many(3 or 4??). He is a great player and I wish him the best.
redcoach Wrote:How many games has he lost in high school? It can't be many(3 or 4??). He is a great player and I wish him the best.

Three?! Try 1 Wink

Sophomore year- 15-0 State Champs
Junior year- 14-1 State Champs (only loss to Colerain,OH)
Senior year- 13-0 (and counting :biggrin: )
BTW, this is the second year in a row that a Highlands player has been awarded a prestige award like this. Last year Tony Guidugli was awarded the Joe Montana Award which goes out to the state's top QB.
Congratulations to a great player.
IMO if he verbally commits to UK he will be Mr. Football in addition to all of the other awards he is accumulating. Hopefully he does sign with them.
Three?! Try 1
Senior year- 13-0 (and counting )

Did he not play on the varsity as a freshman? I know they have a 9th grade team but I was assuming he has been on the varsity for all 4 years.
AC was not on varsity as a frosh...until the frosh season concluded and they move the frosh up for the playoff run.
redcoach Wrote:Did he not play on the varsity as a freshman? I know they have a 9th grade team but I was assuming he has been on the varsity for all 4 years.

HeHateMe Wrote:AC was not on varsity as a frosh...until the frosh season concluded and they move the frosh up for the playoff run.

Correct.

When was the last time a frosh even saw varsity time with the game not being a blow out or a playoff game?
redcoach Wrote:Three?! Try 1
Senior year- 13-0 (and counting )

Did he not play on the varsity as a freshman? I know they have a 9th grade team but I was assuming he has been on the varsity for all 4 years.

This group of young men were 10-0 as Freshmen and won the Championship that year. The group all together is 52-1, thats pretty impressive considering we have two more games to play!!!
Congrats
Laniganfan29 Wrote:IMO if he verbally commits to UK he will be Mr. Football in addition to all of the other awards he is accumulating. Hopefully he does sign with them.

i dont think he should get that i belive that miles simpion or bolye county number 2 should get that what his name
Laniganfan29 Wrote:IMO if he verbally commits to UK he will be Mr. Football in addition to all of the other awards he is accumulating. Hopefully he does sign with them.

I can't believe you think that verbally commiting to UK and being Mr. Football have anything to do with one another.:dontthink
tradition Wrote:I can't believe you think that verbally commiting to UK and being Mr. Football have anything to do with one another.:dontthink

Hey, I think there is a connection too! :Cheerlead
Is there any word on who he is leaning to?
pigskin Wrote:This group of young men were 10-0 as Freshmen and won the Championship that year. The group all together is 52-1, thats pretty impressive considering we have two more games to play!!!

This year's group of seniors will go down as one of the best classes ever to come through Highlands.
charlie22 Wrote:Hey, I think there is a connection too! :Cheerlead

You do not.:ChairHit:

charlie22 Wrote:Hey, I think there is a connection too! :Cheerlead

OK, just talking in general, not about this years candidates, but are you guys trying to tell me that if the state of Kentucky had just an absolute stud of a football player and he committed to lets say Florida, that that would hurt his chances of becoming Mr Kentucky Football?
hmmm. shaun alexander comes to mind...

according to widipedia (i know its not always accurate) since 1986 (10 mr football winners have initially committed to schools other than louisville or ky.
:Thumbs:Congrats to Mr. Collinsworth!!!!!!!!!