Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Kentucky 72 - Miami (OH) 70
OldTymer Wrote:Thats true Wall did. But Wall also contributed offensively. Yeah you don't want to see anyone turning the ball over period, but atleast Wall was producing some points.

It's hard to produce points when you only have 5 FG attempts.
Kentucky looked like they were young because they are. John Wall is a great player and yes he did make they GW shot. But look at his turnovers, look at all the times he forced shots and tried driving into other players, he needs to calm down a little bit and not try to force things to happen. Dodson needs to play more, they guy comes in nails 3's and plays great defense. Cousins just needs to stay out of foul trouble, lol....Patterson needs the ball more, and Bledsoe is a warrior. Both guards Bledsoe and Wall need to learn to not force it when its not going to happen. I see this going into effect probably in late Dec. or Jan. I can't wait either!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get #8....
Coach Cal: "I was ecstatic we got down by 18. I wanted to see what this team was made of."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Getting down by 18 points was the best thing that could happen to this team. Not only does this let you know what kind of team you have, but it also lets these young kids play through adversity. When games like UNC, UL, and UConn come around, and the Cats are in a nail biter, UK will have the experience in pressure situations whereas UNC hasn't. A lot of good comes out of close games, and experience under pressure is one of them. If on December 5th the Cats are down to UNC early, this team will know what it takes to fight back. I'm honestly glad the Cats were tested.

Now, for the future, I look for UK's perimeter defense to be a lot better than this game. I don't know what it is about UK and guarding a ball screen at the top of the key, but it seems to have always been a problem for us. Luckily, Coach Cal is a coach that can teach these players how to properly defend it.

The next couple of games are going to be a real test on how much they have learned from this game against Miami. Sam Houston St. has a kid that has shot a career 44% from 3 point range. He has made 92 three's in his career. Rider, the team UK plays Saturday, is something like 29-43 from the 3 point line this year. Obviously, they are another team that will test UK's perimeter defense. Look for our D to be better in these matchups though as I see this being a huge focal point for Cal in the next couple of practices.
Congrats UK could end of the first half comeback and good second half...but however horrible first 15 minutes...Congrats to Miami for showing that they are not afraid of nobody..
Just out of curiosity how was the turnovers tonight..
NYY10 Wrote:In my eyes, I say Miami played like a top rank 25 team tonight

Tonight yes...But Towson Beat them by 14 i think
there young and a work in progress,as one coach heywood of the pirates would say,but showed alot of heart coming back,my tn friends, has been txting me and saying ,no way ky wins sec, i said WAIT and see......go CATS
theVILLE Wrote:Congrats UK could end of the first half comeback and good second half...but however horrible first 15 minutes...Congrats to Miami for showing that they are not afraid of nobody..
Just out of curiosity how was the turnovers tonight..

Miami definately proved that they were not scared of anyone, and as far as turnovers I couldn't tell you an exact number but i do know that we played VERY sloppy and had quite a few
from what i seen i think they played decent defense just most of those rainbows miami was throwing up was going in. the name of the game is to put the ball in the basket and if any team is shooting i like 90% from 3 pt range they're probably going to have a huge lead. but cats fought back that what i enjoyed about it.
I dont see anything to fret about...On Espn radio this morning they were talking about how Kentucky is overhyped which may be slightly the case but it comes with the territory. This was the best thing that could happen to us at this stage, and to know when the game gets tight that we can pull out the win. I havent seen that much fire in a UK team since Chuck Hayes was on the team. You could see in there eyes that they were not gonna lose that game. Miami was just on fire, thats how upsets are won, but the cats will to win and pure talent pull it out. GO CATS! GREAT GREAT JOB
UKsportsfan Wrote:I dont see anything to fret about...On Espn radio this morning they were talking about how Kentucky is overhyped which may be slightly the case but it comes with the territory. This was the best thing that could happen to us at this stage, and to know when the game gets tight that we can pull out the win. I havent seen that much fire in a UK team since Chuck Hayes was on the team. You could see in there eyes that they were not gonna lose that game. Miami was just on fire, thats how upsets are won, but the cats will to win and pure talent pull it out. GO CATS! GREAT GREAT JOB
100% correct you can tell they guys actually want it unlike last years give up and quit team
I was thinking what the media would say after this one but the game turned around when coach cal had his talk with Big Cuz....Then John Wall proved that he could make big plays even as a freshman.......Go Big Blue!!!!!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Miami made more shots with a hand in their face than they did wide-open.

Why won't it? Need some reasoning behind your opinion.

Um lets see U of L or Kansas woulld have beat them by 20 +. UK is over rated with a bunch of Freshman thats are gonnaa be nothing but could have beens:lmao:
dore20 Wrote:Um lets see U of L or Kansas woulld have beat them by 20 +. UK is over rated with a bunch of Freshman thats are gonnaa be nothing but could have beens:lmao:

comparing UL, to kansas? bold statement.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:comparing UL, to kansas? bold statement.

true it is but im just a fan uk is talented im not some dumb stuborn fan who wont give somone there dues but uk has a lot to prove dont diss me and all cause i love college basketball all together. but my team is u of l and so far the have showed much more.
dore20 Wrote:true it is but im just a fan uk is talented im not some dumb stuborn fan who wont give somone there dues but uk has a lot to prove dont diss me and all cause i love college basketball all together. but my team is u of l and so far the have showed much more.
use punctuation please.

What a great game to watch, other than the sometimes sloppy play by the freshman. But what other freshman do you see come back from 18 points down, then a freshman hit a game winning shot. The boys didn't give up and they got some fight in em! It was an exciting game to watch. I think they were just trying to tease us. They knew we were gonna win the entire time. :biggrin:
cards_athlete Wrote:use punctuation please.

What a great game to watch, other than the sometimes sloppy play by the freshman. But what other freshman do you see come back from 18 points down, then a freshman hit a game winning shot. The boys didn't give up and they got some fight in em! It was an exciting game to watch. I think they were just trying to tease us. They knew we were gonna win the entire time. :biggrin:

Im sorry im watching my 3 month old nephew and i dont have time to type that well lol.
Stardust Wrote:Times have changed:

Minutes Played - Stevenson 6, Harrelson 6, Harris 3

No matter how good UK does or is doing i was so happy to see this change,we were definitely headed in the wrong direction, these guys are just not right for the program right now.

I think Dodsen should be starting over Miller, the guy can shoot the ball, although hes small i'd like to see
PG John Wall
SG Eric Bledsoe
Both of these guys are gonna get better throughout the year, remember there just freshman.
SG Darnell Dodsen
PF Patterson
C Cousins

I think this would be a good startin 5, if Liggins starts playing, and playing to his potential then he coud back up the two guards, Miller backing up Dodsen and Orton backing up the two big guys.

The potential this team has could be huge but dont expect the best team in the nation this early in the year.
cards_athlete Wrote:use punctuation please.

They do got fight in them..I congrat you on that much, but who was they playing???
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No matter how good UK does or is doing i was so happy to see this change,we were definitely headed in the wrong direction, these guys are just not right for the program right now.

I think Dodsen should be starting over Miller, the guy can shoot the ball, although hes small i'd like to see
PG John Wall
SG Eric Bledsoe
Both of these guys are gonna get better throughout the year, remember there just freshman.
SG Darnell Dodsen
PF Patterson
C Cousins

I think this would be a good startin 5, if Liggins starts playing, and playing to his potential then he coud back up the two guards, Miller backing up Dodsen and Orton backing up the two big guys.

The potential this team has could be huge but dont expect the best team in the nation this early in the year.

Could not agree more Dodson needs to start!
John Wall is amazing! Go Cats!