Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football not just for boys!
Last night Lawrence Co. girls juniors and seniors played their annual powderpuff football game. Football players from the Bulldogs coached the girls from both teams and did a great job. The time these boys put into helping just goes to show they are not only committed to their football team but to their school as well. It was a close game but juniors scored after a long pass from Courtney Fyffe to Tasha Williamson set them up in scoring position. A hand-off to Kirsten Moore for the touchdown and then Fyffe in for 2 point conversion sealed the win. Both teams played hard but the juniors came out winning with a 8-0 score. I think playing the powderpuff game the night before senior night was a good way to get school spirit going into tonight's game. Good Luck Dawgs!!:redboxer:
Congratulations to the Juniors on a nice win, both teams played hard and great. Can't wait for tonight's game.Go Bulldogs
Interesting that there has not been a Girls football division in any state that I know of
actually there is, for adults out of louisville http://www.kentuckykarma.com, to seeline up and schedule.
Thatds pretty cool, Congrats Jrs!
Was it full contact or flag?
i believe east Jessamine high has a young lady playing for them. i remember her from parks and rech. shes tough as nails.
Congrats to the Lawrence Jrs.
bchater Wrote:i believe east Jessamine high has a young lady playing for them. i remember her from parks and rech. shes tough as nails.
Belluvue does also. She kicks extra points and feild goals. Guess when the other team yells "hey you kick like a girl" she just says thanks
People that aren't from Lawrence County can't imagine how serious these girls take this game. My senior year I remember one of us guys asking if anyone told the girls that those little flags were supposed to be pulled not smashed into. It was vicious!

Also I believe Shelby Valley has a girl that plays o-line. She doesn't start but she's practicing just like the guys and I think she actually got into the game against Lawrence County.
I was down in Georgia and caught a team named Jackson who is undefeated and state ranked. Their back up kicker was a girl. In talking to some fans down there and a coach from the team this girl, who is the back up hits from 40-45 yards in live practice. The game I watched she attempted a 37-yard field goal. The snap was high messing up her timing, the kick was long enough by 7 yards but wide right.
we had two girls that kicked for us a couple of years ago.
She should be the number one kicker next season.