Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
92.86%
Paris
7.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Paris 10/2
Raceland
I have ties with more than 6 greenup boys. I have ties with a lot of Ashland, Russell, and Fairview boys too, I wish them all well, just not when they play us. People all over ask about Aaron pettrey and how he is doing I think the leg at (O) state speaks for itself. Most people would love to see any kid in this area do well it speaks for eastern ky. football and the schools. People like me just hate to see kids playing years in the grade school system and work their way up to highschool and get kicked to the bench by school jumpers, That said, kids that move because of families having to move for jobs or such is different! And yes all schools should take a stand against this even the RAMS. I would rather lose with homegrown kids then win with transfers. Last year every kid was homegrown and had chemistry. If last years team would have lost every game I still would have had their back and been proud of them. That's what real fans do! If the RAMS don't win another game this year I'LL still cheer for them, the same goes for the GREEN nation down the road:Cheerlead
raceland
that's right Wrote:I have ties with more than 6 greenup boys. I have ties with a lot of Ashland, Russell, and Fairview boys too, I wish them all well, just not when they play us. People all over ask about Aaron pettrey and how he is doing I think the leg at (O) state speaks for itself. Most people would love to see any kid in this area do well it speaks for eastern ky. football and the schools. People like me just hate to see kids playing years in the grade school system and work their way up to highschool and get kicked to the bench by school jumpers, That said, kids that move because of families having to move for jobs or such is different! And yes all schools should take a stand against this even the RAMS. I would rather lose with homegrown kids then win with transfers. Last year every kid was homegrown and had chemistry. If last years team would have lost every game I still would have had their back and been proud of them. That's what real fans do! If the RAMS don't win another game this year I'LL still cheer for them, the same goes for the GREEN nation down the road:Cheerlead
thats right:wieghts:TongueoliceLig Do you think this all started when Coach Maynard left GC?
The Rams win this one easily.
Coach Maynard is probably the best coach in this area. So for kids to want to leave and follow him is understandable. Bottom line is; if the kids don't want to work and put themselves last and the team first they won't be succesfull anywhere! Let alone if they are wearing orange, green, maroon, or red!
If someone left my team, then came back because of who knows what and started over me I would NOT be happy!
I do not think it started when Coach Maynard left. If you look at the years before when a kid came to Raceland now and then proves that. Talk to some of the older Wurtland side of greenup and they will tell you all about it. The Mckell side always got better treatment when going to highschool; That is why they started the one team thing in jr. high, I would guess? I am not blaming the Mckell side, it's nature for every parent to think they have the best kids. To me that side always thought they were better!:HitWall:
Any info on Barr thats right? Heard he is still battling infection from that spider bite last week? Looks like it's going to be a nasty one. 70% chance of rain as of right now.
As far as Barr is concerned... I seen him passing ball at today's practice. Didnt have a chance to stick around and see if he worked in with the offense or defense any. I asked my brother last night if he was playing, and he is "supposed to"... ya know.. Barring a sneak attack my a black mamba or something... haha.... Yea, bad news about the weather.. Are you making the trip RamFan04?..
I'm hoping to make the trip. But I dont know if it will happen or not.
that's right Wrote:I do not think it started when Coach Maynard left. If you look at the years before when a kid came to Raceland now and then proves that. Talk to some of the older Wurtland side of greenup and they will tell you all about it. The Mckell side always got better treatment when going to highschool; That is why they started the one team thing in jr. high, I would guess? I am not blaming the Mckell side, it's nature for every parent to think they have the best kids. To me that side always thought they were better!:HitWall:
Coach Copley nipped that problem back in April, there is no more Wurtland and McKell issue, we are all Greenup County, all for one, and one for all, now the middle school runs the same offense and defense as the varsity, so when they get to the high school, they already know the termanology, remember Rome was not built in one day, it will take time but we are heading in the right direction.:rockon:
Raceland
Go out and get it done tonight Raceland. May you stay injury free and your fans travel safe!
Old warrior I think you are so right! I have spoken to Coach Copley a couple of times and if THEY let him, he will take you in the right direction. That program needed a young newer coach; Hopefully the people of Greenup knows It may take a couple of years, you build from the ground up. it'll take a lot of PATIENCE.:blabbermo