Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best all around player in the 15th
me personally i think Justin Slone, i just think the kid can go somewhere big...he definetly has D1 potential written all over him....what about everyone else?
"King_Kelly" Wrote:me personally i think Justin Slone, i just think the kid can go somewhere big...he definetly has D1 potential written all over him....what about everyone else?
Who?

It's either Justin Blanton(Johnson Central ) or Braxton Lafferty(Sheldon Clark).
Justin Slone goes to South Floyd and is a senior this year.
"sf football" Wrote:Justin Slone goes to South Floyd and is a senior this year.
Thanks!!
I am not familiar with him.
"King_Kelly" Wrote:me personally i think Justin Slone, i just think the kid can go somewhere big...he definetly has D1 potential written all over him....what about everyone else?
Justin Slone is an exceptional athlete, but D1? Let's be serious!! The best all-around player in the 15th Region, as far as baseball is concerned, would have to be either Brandon May, Justin Blanton, or Weston Robinson. Braxton Lafferty could also be in here as well. All 4 of them can hit, run, throw, and have just tremendous ability on the field. They know the game inside and out, and know how to handle certain situations. You can bet whenever these men take the field, they will give nothing short of 110%.
I would have to say Brandon May...this kid can do it all
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Justin Slone is an exceptional athlete, but D1? Let's be serious!! The best all-around player in the 15th Region, as far as baseball is concerned, would have to be either Brandon May, Justin Blanton, or Weston Robinson. Braxton Lafferty could also be in here as well. All 4 of them can hit, run, throw, and have just tremendous ability on the field. They know the game inside and out, and know how to handle certain situations. You can bet whenever these men take the field, they will give nothing short of 110%.

I agree with StrikeoutKing here..
"alfus21" Wrote:I agree with StrikeoutKing here..

I'll agree as well those 4 are the best IMO maybe throw in Daniel Pugh from Paintsville.
I dont think Daniel Pugh is that good in baseball to be mentioned as the best all around.
"#_4" Wrote:I dont think Daniel Pugh is that good in baseball to be mentioned as the best all around.

Daniel Pugh is an outstandng baseball player , one of the tops in the region. I'm pretty sure he batted 3rd for Paintsville last year and they were region runner ups. YUou don't bat 3rd for a good team unless you can play.
Daniel Pugh is an all around athlete in every sport he competes in but I think he was a better player in Little League than he is now. Playing so many different sports it has taken a toll on his potential in one particular sport. Brandon May, Braxton Lafferty will be premiere players in the 15th this season. Daniel Harless may be included as well, I watch the kid workout last year and he worked harder than any player I had seen. Justin Blanton should be included as well. I can see Justin having a successful year all around this season including following in the footsteps of his brother on the mound. I'm suprise no one has mentioned Chase Huffman, but I have said and will continue to say he will never pickup a ball before February. It takes more effort than that to be a top player in the 15th region.
I think there are 4 or 5 good players in the 15th this year that on any given day could be considered as the top in the 15th.
"MY ADIDAS" Wrote:I think there are 4 or 5 good players in the 15th this year that on any given day could be considered as the top in the 15th.

Yeah, I don't think any one player stands out above the rest...
i think justin slone has d1 potential and i don't even know the kid i have just seen him play a few times against my son
"rain man" Wrote:i think justin slone has d1 potential and i don't even know the kid i have just seen him play a few times against my son

I think he may be NAIA or D3 potential but not D1...Not a knock on him, but very few people are D1 potential...
I agree with Alfus. Nothing wrong in playing NAIA baseball. Good place to get a step higher and most importantly get the education while playing a game you love. Justin is capable of playing NAIA. He would be playing the one sport and not three.
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:I agree with Alfus. Nothing wrong in playing NAIA baseball. Good place to get a step higher and most importantly get the education while playing a game you love. Justin is capable of playing NAIA. He would be playing the one sport and not three.

Nothing wrong with playing the NAIA at all....But Division 1 players in the mountains are few and far between..
i like the way nick music plays
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:I agree with Alfus. Nothing wrong in playing NAIA baseball. Good place to get a step higher and most importantly get the education while playing a game you love. Justin is capable of playing NAIA. He would be playing the one sport and not three.
Justin probably wont play any sports in college, he isn't good enough and he knows it.
here we go...everybody knows that he is awsome at football and baseball so he could probably go somewhere and play both sports
i agree rain man...but he might settle for NAIA...Justin Slone is good but lets not push our luck here