Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay 42 - Simon Kenton 31
Final.
I won't say I am surprised because I knew HS was good, but I certainly expected that in order for SK to prove themselves as legit this year, they should have beaten HC.
this is a shocker in my opinion....ne body have ne stats on miles simpson
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:this is a shocker in my opinion....ne body have ne stats on miles simpson

If you follow HS football I do not think you should be shocked, especially if you have seen SK play this year. They are a good team, but definitely not a top 6A team.
Thank you. May we all now lay to rest the ridiculous comparisons to Highlands.
Called this one!

Congrats Devils!
I called this one as well, I called it wrong. The pioneers lost to a very good Henry Clay team. I wouldn't count them out just yet.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Thank you. May we all now lay to rest the ridiculous comparisons to Highlands.
SK had a bad night and beat themselves. Your comment is insulting and should be removed. Nothing ridiculous about that comparison. SK will prevail and we will then see. Why did Highlands not want to play us this year. Week three was open for both teams and Highlands declined to play us. WHY? Maybe Mueller had some fears of SK as well. He did not want to take a chance getting beat by SK in my opinion.
sstack Wrote:If you follow HS football I do not think you should be shocked, especially if you have seen SK play this year. They are a good team, but definitely not a top 6A team.
Have you came to any games? You must be watching south kenton? SK is a top team and will be down state again this year. This was a shocker to many that follow high scholl football. The whole NKY 6a class is strong and will be a very competitive district. Many said the same last year and were proven wrong. Say what you will but we will prevail.
neerfan Wrote:SK had a bad night and beat themselves. Your comment is insulting and should be removed. Nothing ridiculous about that comparison. SK will prevail and we will then see. Why did Highlands not want to play us this year. Week three was open for both teams and Highlands declined to play us. WHY? Maybe Mueller had some fears of SK as well. He did not want to take a chance getting beat by SK in my opinion.

You are right, HHS was afraid of SK, so they went out and scheduled Cincy St. X.
Solid win by a very good Henry Clay team!
neerfan Wrote:Have you came to any games? You must be watching south kenton? SK is a top team and will be down state again this year. This was a shocker to many that follow high scholl football. The whole NKY 6a class is strong and will be a very competitive district. Many said the same last year and were proven wrong. Say what you will but we will prevail.

Yes, the SK and NCC game. SK did not look very impressive. Have you been to any Ryle games? They are going to have their way with SK. I am not trying to put SK down, just pointing out what I have seen. I do not see SK getting out of NKY. IF some how they do, they can not play with X, Trinity , Bryan Station and HC(showed that tonight).
I don't see how ANYONE (including SK fans) can be shocked over this outcome. Henry Clay is legit and have beat some pretty solid teams, including Scott Co who had their way with Boone a few weeks ago.

SK is good, but Henry Clay is rated #3 in the state in 6A for a reason.

As far as the Highlands/SK comparisons, I don't want to thread jack but are you SK fans serious in saying Highlands didn't want to play the Neers? You guys are probably right...they didn't. Instead they went out and scheduled a top 10 team in the nation in Cincy St X and also scheduled the team that will likely come out of NKY 6a, Ryle, twice. Anyone with football smarts knows it takes more than one team having an open week to get something done. Highlands scared to play someone? LMAO Come better than that guys...Highlands plays one of the toughest schedules in the state year in and year out.
I respect the SK program this year, they have come a long way since the mid 90's when they had like 3 defeated seasons in a row or something and lost to Highlands 70-0. They should be proud of their accomplishment last season and Miles Simpson makes that team a state contender everytime they take the field.

I had a feeling that HC would beat SK last night, their team speed is incredible I hear. Not to mention like Kywildcat mentioned they beat some good teams and are ranked #3 in Class 6A.

As far as the Highlands team dodging SK that is bogus and not true. I would love to see an SK/Highlands matchup this year and I think it would be a good game but too much Highlands offense.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Thank you. May we all now lay to rest the ridiculous comparisons to Highlands.

Sucka please Lol......stop stirring up trouble man. :ChairHit:
Holmes 13 13 7 14 – 47
Bourbon Co. 0 0 0 21 –21

H–Hayes 10 pass from Jensen (Ghanbar kick)
H–Jensen 28 run (kick failed)
H–Lowe 20 punt block (Ghanbar kick)
H–Jensen 11 run (kick failed)
H–Wilson 10 run (Ghanbar kick)
H–Oden 1 run (Ghanbar kick)
B–Hawkins 11 run (Hill kick)
H–Simpson 65 run (Ghanbar kick)
B–Hawkins 4 run (Hill kick)
B–Charles 25 run (Hill kick)
Records: H 4-0, B 2-2
Everyone knows Miles Simpson is Simon Kenton’s big gun.

The senior running back racked up 323 rushing yards and seven touchdowns through the Pioneers’ first three games of the season and is on the wish-list of several Division I college coaches.

The problem for the Pioneers is that Henry Clay has not just one big gun but an arsenal.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309180126/
The visiting Blue Devils, ranked third the state in Class 6A, used overall team speed to run away from No. 5 Simon Kenton 42-31 Friday night at Chlorine Menefee Stadium.

Several players scored for the Blue Devils, including quarterback Jerry Williams and receivers Vinny Miller, Blake Green and Branden Johnson, and Simon Kenton could not match them big play for big play.

Henry Clay head coach Sam Simpson praised his speedsters Williams, Johnson and Green – three-fourths of the Blue Devils’ state-champion 400-meter-relay track team – while giving credit to the Pioneers.

“When we got into this contract (with Simon Kenton) I wasn’t that excited after seeing them in the state finals last year. The quarterback is a darn good quarterback. Simpson is one of the best running backs in the state. I felt like this is the toughest team we’ve played so far,” Coach Simpson said.

Green caught a 50-yard pass from Williams early in the second half to extend Henry Clay’s lead to 33-16.

Simpson immediately recaptured the momentum for the Pioneers on a spectacular 82-yard kickoff return that featured several quick cuts in traffic and a sprint from midfield to the endzone for the score.

Henry Clay answered with a 15-yard touchdown run from Williams to put the game out of reach, and a touchdown pass from Simon Kenton quarterback Chad Lawrence to Zach Carroll with 5:24 to go in the game was not enough.

Two turnovers hurt the Pioneers the first quarter. Carroll lost the ball returning the kickoff at the start the game. Henry Clay recovered the ball, and on the first play from scrimmage Miller scored on a 16-yard run.

The Blue Devils superior speed on offense was evident in the first half, as they opened up a 10-point lead.

Johnson, a 6-1 senior wide receiver, was used as a back and scored two touchdowns. His 24-yard run on the second play of the second quarter gave back the lead to the Blue Devils. With 14.9 second left in the first half, Johnson scored on a 5-yard run.

Simpson was the Pioneers’ answer to Henry Clay’s speed. He was able to beat the Blue Devils defenders to the edge on several handoffs, including a sweep-left late in the first quarter on a 6-yard touchdown run.

He followed with a score on the conversion with the help of deception. With Simon Kenton lined up in a swinging gate to the far side of the left hash marks, Simpson took a direct snap and ran to the right corner of the endzone for two points.

Simpson had eight carries for 64 yards in the first half, but the Pioneers had to abandon the running game in the second half to keep pace with the Blue Devils, Simon Kenton coach Jeff Marksberry said. Simpson finished with 14 carries for 70 yards.

“We had the turnover to start and we never really recovered from that. We were playing catch-up. I say all along Miles can take it (for a score) at any time, but we felt like we had to throw it,” Marksberry said.

The Blue Devils dominated the first half despite a shaky kicking game and a handful of unforced mistakes. Starting kicker Phillip Manga missed the game. Backup A.J. Yewell missed a pair of extra points and his kickoffs weren’t deep.
Henry Clay had 10 first-half penalties for 67 yards, including several false starts on first down.
neerfan Wrote:SK had a bad night and beat themselves. Your comment is insulting and should be removed. Nothing ridiculous about that comparison. SK will prevail and we will then see. Why did Highlands not want to play us this year. Week three was open for both teams and Highlands declined to play us. WHY? Maybe Mueller had some fears of SK as well. He did not want to take a chance getting beat by SK in my opinion.

Get real. Since when does Highlands duck anyone in NKY? Simon Kenton is a slightly above average team with an above average running back and when Simpson is gone next year they'll return to fighting for the traditional 4th playoff spot in 6A. Peddle that fertilizer somewhere else.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Get real. Since when does Highlands duck anyone in NKY? Simon Kenton is a slightly above average team with an above average running back and when Simpson is gone next year they'll return to fighting for the traditional 4th playoff spot in 6A. Peddle that fertilizer somewhere else.
Ive got your fetilizer all right. When SK is down in Western this December you will see. We can play with out Simpson and have proved it all ready. There is no such thing thing as a one man team and any idiot that believes there is has no clue about sports and probably is a band geek. Go blow your trumpet somewhere else band geek.
I thought SK would win this one and I was wrong. But HC is a good football team and congrats to them on the win.
neerfan Wrote:Ive got your fetilizer all right. When SK is down in Western this December you will see. We can play with out Simpson and have proved it all ready. There is no such thing thing as a one man team and any idiot that believes there is has no clue about sports and probably is a band geek. Go blow your trumpet somewhere else band geek.

I saw last year when they looked like the band geeks suited up for the finals game, and this year they don't have the benefit of having the big boys on the opposite side of the bracket. You won't catch anyone napping this year, and Conner and Ryle are more than stout enough in the district. The only way SK makes it to Bowling Green is if they buy their tickets like usual.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I saw last year when they looked like the band geeks suited up for the finals game, and this year they don't have the benefit of having the big boys on the opposite side of the bracket. You won't catch anyone napping this year, and Conner and Ryle are more than stout enough in the district. The only way SK makes it to Bowling Green is if they buy their tickets like usual.

SK will get the #3 seed in the district and IF they do make it out of NKY, they'll be done in the region finals when they run in to either X or T.

Having seen all three teams, Conner and Ryle are the two best teams up here in 6A.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I saw last year when they looked like the band geeks suited up for the finals game, and this year they don't have the benefit of having the big boys on the opposite side of the bracket. You won't catch anyone napping this year, and Conner and Ryle are more than stout enough in the district. The only way SK makes it to Bowling Green is if they buy their tickets like usual.
Well then I guess you saw Conner and Ryle sitting with the band in The Ville while we were on the field playing. At least we made it there and not just rode the bus down and bought tickets. We will be back this year and you will see. You are obviously oblivious to high school football and must be a parent of a player at Conner. Good luck and we will all wave hi to you in the stands in Bowling Green. I am done wasting my time with you.
neerfan Wrote:Well then I guess you saw Conner and Ryle sitting with the band in The Ville while we were on the field playing. At least we made it there and not just rode the bus down and bought tickets. We will be back this year and you will see. You are obviously oblivious to high school football and must be a parent of a player at Conner. Good luck and we will all wave hi to you in the stands in Bowling Green. I am done wasting my time with you.

I'm pretty sure CYDI is a Highlands fan...not Conner. He was just stating facts. One of the biggest reasons SK made the state championship last year was because they had the benefit of playing on the opposite side of X and T until the finals. I believe NKY 6A matches up with T's district this year in the playoffs, so it will be a one and done or 2 and done for the Neers this year.

And if you don't think Conner and Ryle are good enough to knock SK off, you obviously are missing something. Conner will pass all over Sk and Ryle will run all over SK. Mark it down and you can quote me on that if you want. SK will finish 3rd in the district behind Ryle and Conner.
Guy's, this is a thread about the game wit too much debating of a different topic. Let's put the personal debate in PM's or we will shut down the thread!
Stardust Wrote:Guy's, this is a thread about the game wit too much debating of a different topic. Let's put the personal debate in PM's or we will shut down the thread!

:rockon: