Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Bolus's top 12 seniors
kywldcat01 Wrote:Interesting...what's your reasoning for having Sewell so low? He is easily a top 5 player in the state IMO. Have you ever seen him play?

Well, he was at the 8 spot and I dropped him down to 9 because I feel that those I ranked over him are simply more athletic. He is athletic and knows the game well but I think that the others are better players overall. There was no way that Washington was number 1 in the state and I don't feel that he is even top 5 compared to the ones that I put in those spots and Euton has proved himself as well so I dropped him in the spot above Sewell, knocking him down one spot. He could easily have an explosive season and be top 5 in the state but at this point in time I personally feel that he isn't. That's just my opinion though. Everyone's is different and I am willing to have a different one as time goes on.
West Jessamine's Jarrod Polson should be on this list. He is the most underrated player in the state due to what team he plays for. I would love to see him and Justice--or any top ranked guard for that matter-go up against each other. I think he proved what he could do in the Sweet Sixteen last year. He's got to be top 10.
thetribe Wrote:Well, he was at the 8 spot and I dropped him down to 9 because I feel that those I ranked over him are simply more athletic. He is athletic and knows the game well but I think that the others are better players overall. There was no way that Washington was number 1 in the state and I don't feel that he is even top 5 compared to the ones that I put in those spots and Euton has proved himself as well so I dropped him in the spot above Sewell, knocking him down one spot. He could easily have an explosive season and be top 5 in the state but at this point in time I personally feel that he isn't. That's just my opinion though. Everyone's is different and I am willing to have a different one as time goes on.

Fair enough. If you're judging Sewell from the high school season then I can see why you'd feel that way. He had a very good summer though with Shining Stars and really improved a lot. I think that's why other people started taking notice the way they did and started mentioning him with the players such as Pittman, Guyn, R. Johnson, and Jackson.

The biggest asset that Sewell possesses is his strength. At 6'5 and around 205, he is VERY strong for a guard. Should be interesting to see how he continues to develop and grow this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Fair enough. If you're judging Sewell from the high school season then I can see why you'd feel that way. He had a very good summer though with Shining Stars and really improved a lot. I think that's why other people started taking notice the way they did and started mentioning him with the players such as Pittman, Guyn, R. Johnson, and Jackson.

The biggest asset that Sewell possesses is his strength. At 6'5 and around 205, he is VERY strong for a guard. Should be interesting to see how he continues to develop and grow this year.

Thanks for the update. I'll have my eyes and ears open for him in the upcoming season. He is built as a powerhouse for a guard.
hooperman Wrote:West Jessamine's Jarrod Polson should be on this list. He is the most underrated player in the state due to what team he plays for. I would love to see him and Justice--or any top ranked guard for that matter-go up against each other. I think he proved what he could do in the Sweet Sixteen last year. He's got to be top 10.

Polson and Justice really put on a show at state didn't they?
dejavu Wrote:Gelawn is too inconsistent and takes too many bad shots (see last years lex cath game). Ricardo is not as flashy, he just wins and wins. He is Kentucky's Mr Basketball this year. Pittman may have the most overall talent, but will underachieve with his attitude. Elisha Justice is in the top 5 because of what all he can do. The top sleeper in the state may be Colt Barnhill. Saw him match up with Pittman in the state aau and he more than held his own
and helped his team to an overtime victory. But where he is from is going to limit his looks.
Bottom line though, nobody is as complete a ball player as Ricardo or does more to help his team win
Also think Donovan Gibbs is top 5 with his summer. He is going to get some nice mid level d-1 offers with his body type and outside shooting ability

Ge'lawn had to score in the Lex Cath game because the best player torn his ACL in the game before. Ge'lawn shot 48% in the regional Championship. He shot the ball 53% for the season and 47% from the 3 point line. Plus the kid works hard in the gym to get better every year. Ge'lawn had a great summer in AAU at the point guard. Now he has opened up his recruitment he is going 6 days a week. He may look flashy but he is blue collar all the way. Ge'lawn just plays basketball with his heart that what looks flashy. People now say he is flashy. Last year people said he can not handle the basketball. The year before that people said he can not shoot. Remember this kid is a gym rat, so keep saying he can not and he will keep showing you he can. Last thing if Ge'lawn doesn't win Mr. Basketball, I think he would be happy if Ricardo wins the award. But I hope that the winner is picked by the play on the basketball court. Not by Hype! May the best player win. It ok to think your player is the best. But it does not give you the right to put another player down only to build your player up. That's hype. Rick Bolus is the biggest Hype Man in Basketball. What College buys this crap? NO ONE!
Will agree with you about Rick Bolus, he is all about the money.
If Gelawn is as good as you say he is, then Scott County should have no problem getting to Rupp, my guess is they will fall - just short- again.
Holmes, with Ricardo, will be there to defend their title.
Ricardo just delivers in the clutch
dejavu Wrote:Will agree with you about Rick Bolus, he is all about the money.
If Gelawn is as good as you say he is, then Scott County should have no problem getting to Rupp, my guess is they will fall - just short- again.

Ge' is as good as everyone says he is. You obviously didn't see him this past summer if you think he isn't all he's hyped up to be. He played against some of the best in the country and still put up huge numbers all summer, despite playing several weeks with an injury. Remember this is a team sport...you can't blame one player for a team coming up short. It's a team effort.

Keep in mind that I say this as a huge Holmes fan that follows their program more than probably anyone else on this site. Ge'Lawn is every bit as good as Ricardo. It's unfair IMO to put one ahead of the other because they're that close. They go about showing it in different ways, but both are extremely talented players that will have the opportunity to contribute to a Division I program as a freshman.

I love Ricardo and so does Ge'lawn! Ricardo and Ge'lawn are good friends that call, text, Myspace all the time. As i stated before I think Ricardo and Ge'lawn are co number 1 right now. You are very right Ge'lawn did not get to the Sweet Sixteen. But he left it on the court trying to win the Regional Final.
Richie Phares was one of the best player in the state and a bad ACL injury. The team was center around him. Two days to play a good team that we bet in season. We lost! Let me try to help you understand basketball it is a team SPORT! I wish Holmes the best! Holmes is my 2nd team but I am a Scott County fan!

BTW, since we're on the subject of Holmes and Scott Co...if not for Ge'Lawn, SC would have lost to Holmes by 20+. Ge'Lawn absolutely dominated that game offensively (29 points) and was the only reason the Cards were able to keep the score respectable.