Poll: WHO TAKES THE VICTORY
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KNOX CENTRAL
32.00%
CLAY COUNTY
68.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Clay Co. 9/18
the fresh ur talkin bout #4 is not a running back. he is a wide out. #12,24 and 2 are primarily in the backfield. ive been to every kc game this year. not sure if #4 has been there yet. still a solid player though.
is knox as good as they were last year?
the dark wizard Wrote:the fresh ur talkin bout #4 is not a running back. he is a wide out. #12,24 and 2 are primarily in the backfield. ive been to every kc game this year. not sure if #4 has been there yet. still a solid player though.

MY point is that the QB is really a running back that is what makes him dangerous and that #4 is very good and yes he is a wideout ....but should also be running back. They can both play at Clay or anywhere.
I think Clay is still trying to figure out exactly what kind of team they will be this year. Defense has been solid and offense has sputtered at times. I think Friday night will really tell us a whole lot more about what kind of team Clay Co. has this season. I'll take clay for the win, this game should be a war.
I believe Knox will match up pretty good with Clay. Knox has only had trouble with pasiing teams. I also was at the Williamsburg game, I know the fumble was very questionable but the massive amount of flags that came out everytime Knox stoppded them where very questionable to me. I believe Knox will play better this week and it will be a very close game.
Snare43 Wrote:MY point is that the QB is really a running back that is what makes him dangerous and that #4 is very good and yes he is a wideout ....but should also be running back. They can both play at Clay or anywhere.

I agree #4 Canady will be a great one, but he is a Freshman. As for the running back and Qb neither would start for Clay. They are not nearly as good as Hooker, Miller or Reid.
KC has a lot more riding on this game IMO. If they can't beat Clay they can forget beating Bell or Rock. They will have a battle with McCreary for 3rd place! If they win it may show that they are getting better and the season is not lost.

CC seems to be improving and finally playing some defense. I think it will be a fun game to watch. Both of the Canady boys are talented. Merida looks good but I still have ???'s about him.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:KC has a lot more riding on this game IMO. If they can't beat Clay they can forget beating Bell or Rock. They will have a battle with McCreary for 3rd place! If they win it may show that they are getting better and the season is not lost.

CC seems to be improving and finally playing some defense. I think it will be a fun game to watch. Both of the Canady boys are talented. Merida looks good but I still have ???'s about him.

I agree Bobcat_Dad I think thatClay has adjusted well with their new offense. If Clay wins It could be a long year for the Panthers. A win for Clay would put them in the hunt for their district race.
bearhunter Wrote:You were blinded by your fanhood If you really believe Clay had only two good players.
KC does not have a skill player that would even start for Clay this year.

You, bearhunter, seemed blinded by your own fanhood by making a statement to that extent. KC has some very solid skill players and a few underclassmen that will be very well known in the future. Our skill players have not been suspect thus far, but our downfall has mostly been due to poor defense. Although, much of that has attributed to our young and inexperienced secondary being exposed to some passing teams. That shouldn't be too much of a problem this week against Clay since they seem to primarily run the ball. If KC limits their turnovers and actually plays a solid defensive game, I believe this game is very winnable for KC. Should be an excellent ballgame nonetheless.
I am not even a Clay fan, but am becoming one. We will see Friday night. I will say this if KC not much better than when I saw them they will be lucky to score.
Which skill player for KC would start for Clay and who would they replace if you are so sure. Definitely not at the running back and QB positions.
KC hasn't had an issue moving the football thus far this season. The issue, like I stated in my earlier post, was with defense and turnovers. Our special teams play has also been suspect. I've saw very little of Clay this year, but they seem to have a pretty good team as compared to years past. Judging on stats, IMO it seems it would be hard to keep either Jeffrey or Travis Canady out of a starting receiver slot. Jeffrey is just a freshman, but is as athletic as any player on Clay's team and Travis has sure hands. Now the same could be said for any combination of teams so take that for what it's worth. But let's get back to the game and off such an arbitrary subject.
I think this will be a war, its been a long time since Clay has been able to compete with KC. I think it'll all come down to turnovers, and special teams play. Clay may have a slight edge in the skilled players area right now. I really look for Knox to improve with each game, coach mills knows what he'd doing.
If Clay's Defense can hold Knox to a low scoring game I think that they can pull out the win. This is a big game for the Panthers it could make or break their season.
Panthers must win this game or the 09 season is a faluire. I am hoping I see a much better effort this night than the others so far.
William Muney Wrote:Panthers must win this game or the 09 season is a faluire. I am hoping I see a much better effort this night than the others so far.

I see it as a must win also.
KC by 6