Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 50 Calloway Co. 33
Cards O is off the charts, defense is a work in progress I hope. I watched the best running back in Kentucky tonight in Calloway Counties Tyrell Willis. Willis missed the early games this season due to some personal issues but man is he a bull in a china shop. Back to the Mayfield Cardinals, they can score with multiple weapons on the ground and in the air. Surely the best O in 1A. The development of the D will tell the tale of whether this is another title team in Mayfield.
typo in my score, can a mod correct score, it was Mayfield 50 (not 60) CC 33
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Cards O is off the charts, defense is a work in progress I hope. I watched the best running back in Kentucky tonight in Calloway Counties Tyrell Willis. Willis missed the early games this season due to some personal issues but man is he a bull in a china shop. Back to the Mayfield Cardinals, they can score with multiple weapons on the ground and in the air. Surely the best O in 1A. The development of the D will tell the tale of whether this is another title team in Mayfield.

Well said. :Thumbs:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:typo in my score, can a mod correct score, it was Mayfield 50 (not 60) CC 33

Got ya..
So tell us about this Mayfield team. Has Coach Morris regained the magic? Mayfield has been "down" by their standards in recent years, but tonight was surely an impressive win for the Cardinals. It seems 1A is more wide open this year then in years past, can Mayfield make it to Bowling Green?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So tell us about this Mayfield team. Has Coach Morris regained the magic? Mayfield has been "down" by their standards in recent years, but tonight was surely an impressive win for the Cardinals. It seems 1A is more wide open this year then in years past, can Mayfield make it to Bowling Green?

Best Mayfield O in decade or so, loaded all the way around with blazing speed, solid line play and a bevy of skill position players that can score from anywhere on the field. Great backs and best wideouts the Cards have ever had. The D is still riddled with holes, the 2ndary is their biggest issue and the progress of the D will tell the story of their season.

Most Cards fans have had this year circled for a few years but with the past 2 under achieving seasons the Cards have slip quietly underneath the radar of most outside of the West which is not a bad thing for them. The Cards will be a hard out for anyone in 1A. Crittenden County will be a war as they return everybody from a team that was finally outted by Beechwood in the semi finals but most in the West feel Mayfield will prevail and I expect that to be the biggest hurdle between Mayfield and Bowling Green. Frankfort is so riddled with injuries they will not likely advance. Beechwood is always a tough out but I think Mayfield is in a good position to go from this end. Beechwood has to come to us
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Best Mayfield O in decade or so, loaded all the way around with blazing speed, solid line play and a bevy of skill position players that can score from anywhere on the field. Great backs and best wideouts the Cards have ever had. The D is still riddled with holes, the 2ndary is their biggest issue and the progress of the D will tell the story of their season.

Most Cards fans have had this year circled for a few years but with the past 2 under achieving seasons the Cards have slip quietly underneath the radar of most outside of the West which is not a bad thing for them. The Cards will be a hard out for anyone in 1A. Crittenden County will be a war as they return everybody from a team that was finally outted by Beechwood in the semi finals but most in the West feel Mayfield will prevail and I expect that to be the biggest hurdle between Mayfield and Bowling Green. Frankfort is so riddled with injuries they will not likely advance. Beechwood is always a tough out but I think Mayfield is in a good position to go from this end. Beechwood has to come to us

Good info. I have to think that the winner of Mayfield/Crittenden would have a slight edge as the favorite to get to Bowling Green. I think this is a "down" Beechwood team and that long road trip may be too much for them.