Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Seymour traded to the Raiders
Richard Seymour is traded to the Oakland Raiders for a 2011 First Round Pick.
Whatcha think about that? Who does this help more? Is this a win-win trade?
The Patriots must be thinking the Raiders will have a high first round pick...lol
idk but this is in the wrong section
Forget what I wrote, I see the problem now.
For a team that is trying to get their defense younger, they should have kept him for leadership. He's only 29. A lot of no-names on their d known.
To me, if the Pats were willing to let Seymour go, then he had nothing left in the tank.
Stardust Wrote:To me, if the Pats were willing to let Seymour go, then he had nothing left in the tank.

They are trying to get younger and they DID get a first round pick for him. You do have a point though.
thats the worst mistake that the patroits could had ever done in the history of the team
Stardust Wrote:To me, if the Pats were willing to let Seymour go, then he had nothing left in the tank.

Or Coach Belichick could have a plan on making the team better like he always does.

14thregionrules Wrote:thats the worst mistake that the patroits could had ever done in the history of the team

Seymour is a great defensive end who had 8 sacks and 52 total tackles (solo and assist tackles) last year. (Since Seymour had such a good season last year, maybe the Patriots wanted to trade him while his value was still up.) Even though he was a great defensive end, the New England Patriots still have Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, etc.
All in all, I would venture to say it was a bad day for Seymour, lol.."Hey Richard, youve been traded to Oakland".............NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:beg:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:All in all, I would venture to say it was a bad day for Seymour, lol.."Hey Richard, youve been traded to Oakland".............NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:beg:

He has no showed to LA, rumors are he may retire. If that's true, then the Pats defintely knew Seymour had nothing left.
Stardust Wrote:He has no showed to LA, rumors are he may retire. If that's true, then the Pats defintely knew Seymour had nothing left.

If he retires before he gets to Oakland, then Oakland gets their pick back, correct?

If not then the rule needs to change.
lwc Wrote:If he retires before he gets to Oakland, then Oakland gets their pick back, correct?

If not then the rule needs to change.

Yes, technically the trade is not complete until Seymour goes to the Raiders, passes a physical and signs a contract. If he refuses, the trade is voided or the Patriots have to compensate the Raiders.