Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
92.86%
Beechwood
7.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Beechwood 9/4
Highlands Should Win this game. But not as bad as what people thinks. Beechwood is a hardnosed Team and their always good. But both teams need to play their best and it should be a good game. But ill have to go with Highlands on the Win.
Beechwood could play their best and still not come close to Highlands this year. I'm a big fan of the Tigers but the fact remains the same. Beechwood is down and it's going to be a long first 4 weeks with their schedule.
Birds by 30.
If I were Dale I'd get Bardo as many snaps as possible friday night regardless of the score. Look for Bardo to air it out tonight cuz if they don't solidify that part of the offense, it could be a long night for Highlands when St. X rolls into town. We all saw what Collinsworth can do, now it's time for the passing game to step up. HHS 49 Tigers 7
^ Is there a planned replay of the broadcast?
If the Birds score 3X by the 1st Qtr, the 1st squad might be cooling their heels before the half. Birds are loaded.
Highlands 67
Beechwood 0
This should be a lopsided win but coach Rasche will have the Tigers better prepared this week. I hope its not over by halftime because that can make for a long boring night.

I look forward to hearing what topics you can make up just to keep the game interesting, because I think this will be a blowout. Hopefully you have some good stories prepared:biggrin:
May be Friday morning jitters, but I'm now thinking this game may be closer than I first thought it would be. Beechwood's game last week against Dixie was their first of the year and we all know what they say about the most improvement being made between the first and second game. I think Beechwood will execute much better this week than they did in their first game. Highlands saw that happen for them when they played Ryle. Big improvement in execution from the Manual game. Beechwood had 3 players miss the Dixie game with injuries. With the lack of depth, that really hurts Beechwood. I expect to see 2, if not all 3, of those players play this week, which will really help Beechwood. Finally, Noel Rash has one of the best coaching staffs in N. Ky (perhaps the state). I can guarantee you they saw the problems and have spent a lot of time correcting those problems this week.

I still think Highlands will win comfortably but I don't think it will be a blow out.
^ any word on whether Larimore is back with Beechwood. I have been hearing all sorts of rumors.
Stardust Wrote:^ any word on whether Larimore is back with Beechwood. I have been hearing all sorts of rumors.

Rash said he'd likely play 10-15 plays, but I just have a feeling that he'll play more than that. :biggrin:
charlie22 Wrote:May be Friday morning jitters, but I'm now thinking this game may be closer than I first thought it would be. Beechwood's game last week against Dixie was their first of the year and we all know what they say about the most improvement being made between the first and second game. I think Beechwood will execute much better this week than they did in their first game. Highlands saw that happen for them when they played Ryle. Big improvement in execution from the Manual game. Beechwood had 3 players miss the Dixie game with injuries. With the lack of depth, that really hurts Beechwood. I expect to see 2, if not all 3, of those players play this week, which will really help Beechwood. Finally, Noel Rash has one of the best coaching staffs in N. Ky (perhaps the state). I can guarantee you they saw the problems and have spent a lot of time correcting those problems this week.

I still think Highlands will win comfortably but I don't think it will be a blow out.
That's more like the Charlie22 we all know!
sstack Wrote:That's more like the Charlie22 we all know!

Just took me a little while to come to my senses.
I think beechwood comes in fired up trying to prove something to themselfs and their fans but it's the wrong team right now Highlands wins by 28
I know I mentioned this earlier, but for those who can't attend, you can view this game live tonight on nkysports.com starting, I believe, at 7:15.

If you can't catch it live, you should be able to watch it on-demand in the archive section of nkysports.com
If Highlands doesn't win big tonight, consider it a loss. I know the fans will. Alot of pressure on them to step up tonight cuz everyone's watching the outcome of this one to compare them to Dixie.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:If Highlands doesn't win big tonight, consider it a loss. I know the fans will. Alot of pressure on them to step up tonight cuz everyone's watching the outcome of this one to compare them to Dixie.

IMO you can't really compare two teams based on common opponents.

Want proof? Look at last year's scores between Highlands, Covcath, and Dixie:

Covcath 49 Dixie 47

Highlands 61 Covcath 0
Highlands 55 Dixie 28
FYI: Dixie scored all of their points against Highlands' second team that game. The score in no way reflected the blowout that could have ensued....
kywldcat01 Wrote:IMO you can't really compare two teams based on common opponents.

Want proof? Look at last year's scores between Highlands, Covcath, and Dixie:

Covcath 49 Dixie 47

Highlands 61 Covcath 0
Highlands 55 Dixie 28

I think you can compare. The game against Dixie the game was a blowout and they scored some on the 2nd and 3rd teamers. If you saw both games,then yes, you can compare.