Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanan 2009/10
thoughts on the upcoming season for the Crusaders? they lost 58 seniors from last years team. Crusaders went 18-10, lost 1st RD Districts Letcher County Central 63-51.

Dec 1, 09 Red Bird home 8:00 PM

Dec 5, 09
Breathitt County away 7:30 PM

Dec 8, 09
Cordia away 7:30 PM

Dec 11, 09
Jackson City away 7:00 PM

Dec 14, 09
Knott County Central away 7:00 PM

Dec 21, 09
TBA at Clinton County Twin Lakes Holiday Classic

Dec 28, 09
Jenkins home 7:30 PM

Jan 2, 10
Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM

Jan 8, 10
Riverside Christian home 7:30 PM

Jan 9, 10
Jackson City away 7:00 PM

Jan 12, 10
Jenkins away 7:30 PM

Jan 15, 10
Letcher County Central away 7:30 PM

Jan 19, 10
TBA 14th Region All "A" Classic

Jan 22, 10 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM

Jan 26, 10
Allen Central away 7:30 PM

Jan 29, 10
Wolfe County home 7:30 PM

Feb 2, 10
Perry County Central away 7:30 PM

Feb 4, 10
Cordia home 7:30 PM

Feb 6, 10
Leslie County home 7:30 PM

Feb 9, 10
Knott County Central home 7:30 PM

Feb 12, 10
Powell County away 7:30 PM

Feb 16, 10
Red Bird away 7:30 PM

Feb 20, 10
Allen Central home 7:30 PM
lost 58 seniors? lol...I dont think they are 58 kids in the entire school.

Going by what they have returning from last seasons team.They should be top 10 ten team is the 14th region. With the new head coach in Tim Parks that could bring some more players in from other schools so it could make them a even a more threat to the top teams in the region. I look for them to finish either 3rd or 4th in district.
last year they had 9 players on there team and 5 of them graduated.
Does Stepp return this year or was he a senior?
Bluecat Wrote:Does Stepp return this year or was he a senior?

Stepp does indeed return this year
58 Seniors? Dang JB gained a lot of students. Most schools are happy just to have 58 Seniors in their Senior Class.
u know what they say about payback good luck jb . i feel sorry for the kids
i just hope the opposing coaches remember that it was the coach that ran the scores up when jb had the big guns
stuff happens
I don't see teams running the score up on this team. They return with 5 seniors. I feel sorry for you for holding a grudge against the school because they were once so dominant. They won't be a push over for anyone. Who is going to pay them back?
Two Points on this:

1. Any team with the Stepp kid on it has the potential to score some points, not to mention he has some solid experience around him.

2. Look at the schedule......JB isn't playing a lot of really dominant teams....Breathitt, Jackson City and Wolfe will probably be in the same league as them.....and they should out class teams like Owsley etct. There are plenty enough games against teams such as the likes of Riverside to give the Crusaders some chances to get victories and some confidence. Knott Central and PCC are the only two spots where they could take a good drubbing........

All in all not a bad year for JB, not a return to the Sweet 16 by any means but depending on the draw they could end up in Region Tournament and maybe even get out of the first round!!!!
Looks like their very watered down schedule could get them about 12-15 wins and Clint Stepp a lot of points if they are playing well together. New coach will see they are playing well I'm sure, he does a nice job. After this year though, I'm afraid if they even have a team it will be back to the 3 Rivers Conference for them if they even still have that league. Good luck to them this year.