Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 27 Boyd County 26
I'm not even going to comment on Boyd/Fairview anymore. They will do okay record wise because our district is run by two teams and that's Raceland and LCA. And Boyd gave it away? We scored the TD we caused the fumble therefore we took it away. And as said above if it wasn't for injuries this game wouldn't even have been a contest.
Is this the year the Rams beat out Beechwood. If I am not mistaken, that was there only loss last year wasn't it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is this the year the Rams beat out Beechwood. If I am not mistaken, that was there only loss last year wasn't it?
Lexington Christian
Raceland has a fine football program, kids, and staff but come on Ram fans a game like that Boyd gives away only happens once in a blue moon. Boyd up 26-14 with 5 minutes to go 99 out of 100 times they win the game. I give Raceland credit with Farley playing the best game of his life. Raceland will be good this season but nothing like last year and its time Raceland fans started to act humble. WHAT HAVE YOU TRULY WON IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM! No state titles!! Russell has 2 of them so please explain why Raceland fans think they are so good?
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I'm not even going to comment on Boyd/Fairview anymore. They will do okay record wise because our district is run by two teams and that's Raceland and LCA. And Boyd gave it away? We scored the TD we caused the fumble therefore we took it away. And as said above if it wasn't for injuries this game wouldn't even have been a contest.

That's one of those statements that has no evidence to back anything up. You have no idea if the game would have been any different or not so why even say it. Clearly Raceland did what they had to do to win, but saying it wouldn't be close b/c those guys didn't play really has no bearing. I mean maybe that just means the game is closer all the way through rather than Boyd being up 2 scores with time running out. Besides like several comments that have already been made BC lost this game in the last 5 min. And raceland didn't cause the the fumble. The QB tried to pull the ball back in rather than handing it off and the FB grabbed and held on to it. That's what happens sometimes when you run a true VEER and have the QB read it. The poor exchange between two BC players caused the fumble. Raceland was awesome the last 4 min of that game and Boyd seemed like they were playing not to lose the last few min and that happens sometimes in games like that. I hate that we get to see a great game between two area schools and we can't just compliment both teams. We gotta tear them down one way or another. Great job Lions and Rams!
I love Raceland but Boyd Co. isn't Ashland! You must play much better to have a chance against Ashland!
I was at this game Boyd thought playing a 1A school with two of their best players out would be a easy first win, it wasn't! Congrats to raceland played hard till the end. Also Belfry by 28 over boyd this week.
I think boyd thought they could schedule two 1A schools and one 3A school their first three games and do a little chest pounding and be 3-0,but I also think they made a mistake and could very well be 0-3. Wait until Ashland plays them.
russellpride Wrote:Raceland has a fine football program, kids, and staff but come on Ram fans a game like that Boyd gives away only happens once in a blue moon. Boyd up 26-14 with 5 minutes to go 99 out of 100 times they win the game. I give Raceland credit with Farley playing the best game of his life. Raceland will be good this season but nothing like last year and its time Raceland fans started to act humble. WHAT HAVE YOU TRULY WON IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM! No state titles!! Russell has 2 of them so please explain why Raceland fans think they are so good?

Well said...... :Cheerlead
wdforty Wrote:I was at this game Boyd thought playing a 1A school with two of their best players out would be a easy first win, it wasn't! Congrats to raceland played hard till the end. Also Belfry by 28 over boyd this week.

Boyd didn't think that...come on man don't make statements like that..the Lions prepared for the Rams like anyone else and i know they didn't they think it was going to be an easy game...matter of fact they were probably in shock to be up two scores with 5 mins left in the game...might of went into shock when they saw that..
wdforty Wrote:I think boyd thought they could schedule two 1A schools and one 3A school their first three games and do a little chest pounding and be 3-0,but I also think they made a mistake and could very well be 0-3. Wait until Ashland plays them.

Yeah i'd say Boyd thought they'd be 1-2...not 0-3...Belfry and Raceland are not cupcakes...if boyd wanted that then they would have scheduled true bad 1A teams and they didn't...they put good teams on the schedule and how do you know Raceland didn't contact Boyd and ask them to play...i'm sure they were thinkin easy win b/c BC doesn't have a winning history and it was dogfight.
flavorflav Wrote:Yeah i'd say Boyd thought they'd be 1-2...not 0-3...Belfry and Raceland are not cupcakes...if boyd wanted that then they would have scheduled true bad 1A teams and they didn't...they put good teams on the schedule and how do you know Raceland didn't contact Boyd and ask them to play...i'm sure they were thinkin easy win b/c BC doesn't have a winning history and it was dogfight.

Yeah whoever thinks Raceland is cupcake should ask Ashland about that one so I'm sure Boyd County didn't think they were easy either.
of course they didn't like i've said on here before....county schools in this area aren't dominant and haven't been for some time....they get a good team every 3 or 4 years or so, but really from Raceland perspective even though they are the smaller school they are thinking goin into Greenup or Boyd that its a W...so these county schools aren't putting surefire winners on their schedule and I seriously doubt they even think that...just look at the history.