Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry County 20 - Pike Central 6
PC makes long trip to be denied by the Wildcats.
Hopefully P.C.C. can get hings going next week.
Congrats HC
How did PC look?
It went the way I thought it would. Pike Central will get better under Coach Chapman.
PCC nice tough team scored first after some miscues on offense from the wildcats. Wildcats had chances to blow this game open but could not catch the ball or hold on to it! Wildcats mad good halftime adjustments and PCC was stuffed and ran over in the second half! PCC will get better tough on defense and aggressive!
I expected a totally different out come...Congrats to Henry Co...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Hey PCC fans...I live close to Henry County and they have a very good football team, especially at home. I wouldn't take this loss very hard. Sounds like they played a pretty good game. Holding Henry to 20 in New Castle is very difficult. The home cooking is usually pretty good there...if you know what I mean.
I made the LONG trip to support my nephew, and I can say that probably could have been a blow out, Henry dropped quite a few balls that could have gone a long way and had a ton of turnovers (PCC shot themselves a few times in the foot as well). Super, I didn't see any of the "home cooking" you refer to. I thought the game was pretty well called. I have a lot of respect for officials being a basketball coach, and certainly hate implications about officials. I think that's kind of a low blow.

Our Hawks played really hard, better than I have seen in sometime...that is a step in the right direction boys! :Thumbs:
Congrats Henry County.
Coach E Wrote:I made the LONG trip to support my nephew, and I can say that probably could have been a blow out, Henry dropped quite a few balls that could have gone a long way and had a ton of turnovers (PCC shot themselves a few times in the foot as well). Super, I didn't see any of the "home cooking" you refer to. I thought the game was pretty well called. I have a lot of respect for officials being a basketball coach, and certainly hate implications about officials. I think that's kind of a low blow.

Our Hawks played really hard, better than I have seen in sometime...that is a step in the right direction boys! :Thumbs:

Well, I've had the "pleasure" of witnessing some pretty questionable situations there. Their coaching staff leaves little to be desired in the "humble" catagory. I am a coach in that area. We have had our wars with Henry County, won some lost some. This is not sour grapes. Glad you had a pleasant experience though.
Coach E Wrote:I made the LONG trip to support my nephew, and I can say that probably could have been a blow out, Henry dropped quite a few balls that could have gone a long way and had a ton of turnovers (PCC shot themselves a few times in the foot as well). Super, I didn't see any of the "home cooking" you refer to. I thought the game was pretty well called. I have a lot of respect for officials being a basketball coach, and certainly hate implications about officials. I think that's kind of a low blow.

What game were you watching. That was the worst officiated game that I have seen in a while. PC played hard. This was a very physcial game. Henry Co. is a good football team. Henry beat up on PC late though.
I counted 7 flags on Henry and 9 on PCC...didn't seem all that off, but I'm no official. Of course, it was the first game for them too, so I am sure they have some improving to do. We get the same thing in basketball, officiating is rough to start and gets a whole lot better by the end of the year...perhaps that is true in football as well.

Super-It's becoming clear now why you are posting in this thread-it sounds like sour grapes. I just don't have a dog in the fight nor do I really care. Everyone treated myself and my family well. One of the coaches (head coach maybe??? Don't know what he looked like but was wearing a tie??) was very cordial in helping us find restrooms and such.

Anyway

Good luck this week boys, MUCH shorter trip...bring home a W!!
Suber B has sour grapes for sure. Where you from Super I bet its a classy spot!
whats-it-2u Wrote:Suber B has sour grapes for sure. Where you from Super I bet its a classy spot!

Well I'm from the "classy spot" of Pike County but I now live and coach in Northern Kentucky.
How many points you give up to Henry last year?
whats-it-2u Wrote:How many points you give up to Henry last year?

Lost 29-24
I looked on the KHSAA previous scoreboards and Henry Co. didn't beat anyone 29-24 in 2008 or 2007? Confusedhh: So do you have the wrong school, year, or just a really bad memory?
HAHAHA, Sour grapes can effect your memory!