Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 65 - Creighton 63
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I about freaked out when they threw up that 3. Great win for the cats, it's about time that we won a close game!

Miller played terrible defense on that last play. Instead of switching, he stood and watched his man set a pick on Meeks. Thankfully he missed a wide open 3.
sstack Wrote:Miller played terrible defense on that last play. Instead of switching, he stood and watched his man set a pick on Meeks. Thankfully he missed a wide open 3.

...or UK was instructed not to switch on screens to prohibit a mismatch resulting in a drive to the basket for a game tying layup. Miller tried to tell Meeks but Meeks couldn;t hear and Miller did everything he could to contest the shot?

Noone else switched off on that last play on screens, and UK would much rather give up a late contested 3 than a late contested layup.
So glade to see UK pull this one out. It was awesome being on the winning side of one of these close games. Now lets carry this momentum into south bend and beat ND!
outdoorsman43 Wrote::please:

I knew you had my back! That's my boy!

hehehehehehe TongueirateSho
I said they would win by three but they won by two. Man I was so close.
they got lucky
A win is a win especially this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:...or UK was instructed not to switch on screens to prohibit a mismatch resulting in a drive to the basket for a game tying layup. Miller tried to tell Meeks but Meeks couldn;t hear and Miller did everything he could to contest the shot?

Noone else switched off on that last play on screens, and UK would much rather give up a late contested 3 than a late contested layup.

I would rather give up a contested layup for a tie and overtime than a wide open three by their best player for the win! I know the were not instructed to let him have a wide open look from behind the three pt line. If they were instructed not to switch on screens, then he should have gotten out of Meeks way so he could stay on his man. Miller completely blocked Meeks off and was guarding no one. It was bad defense, why are you sticking up for them when they screwed up and got lucky that the shoot did not go in.
sstack Wrote:I would rather give up a contested layup for a tie and overtime than a wide open three by their best player for the win! I know the were not instructed to let him have a wide open look from behind the three pt line. If they were instructed not to switch on screens, then he should have gotten out of Meeks way so he could stay on his man. Miller completely blocked Meeks off and was guarding no one. It was bad defense, why are you sticking up for them when they screwed up and got lucky that the shoot did not go in.

I understand what you are saying, but I ask you to take a look at that shot again. I've now seen both live and 10 times on Sports Center. How can you say that was a wide open three. He was running and fading to the side when he took that shoot. He was NEVER squared. You can say what you want, but if you think that was an open look, you missed what you saw.
sstack Wrote:I would rather give up a contested layup for a tie and overtime than a wide open three by their best player for the win! I know the were not instructed to let him have a wide open look from behind the three pt line. If they were instructed not to switch on screens, then he should have gotten out of Meeks way so he could stay on his man. Miller completely blocked Meeks off and was guarding no one. It was bad defense, why are you sticking up for them when they screwed up and got lucky that the shoot did not go in.

70-80% likelihood of layup being made.

25-35% of 3 pointer being made.

Either way your victory is gone, it doesn't take BCG to figure that out.

I am taking up for Miller and his "terrible" defense. He didn't play it perfect by any means, but he did what he could and still contested the shot (ESPN even acknowledged how good his contest was). In fact I wish we contested 3 point attempts all season like that one. Maybe if Tasmin Mitchell or Sosa had a hand in his face we would be discussing the NCAA tourney instead of NIT.
well if the team played like they did at the first of the year and had people step up then we should be in there but we only have two consistant players all year. when you don't know what each player is going to do each night then as a coach you really can't have a set game plan on offense at least. when its 5 on 2 and no one else is there then what? but they did lastnight.
Let me first say that I don't agree with everything Gillispie does, but I don't completely turn my back on him. Let me explain a concept that all of you UK coaches on BGR must not understand. Yes there is SOME talent on this team. Great teams don't have SOME talent they have five to six talented guys. However, most of the talent we have on this team is young talent and mentally are not where they need to be for a Div. I elite program. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you are not a good thinker or decision maker on the floor, your talent is only going to get you so far. This comes with experience, which we really don't have much of. There are talented high school players all over the U.S. who come into a different world mentally when they step on a college basketball floor, and until they get experience in know how to make the right decisions, their talent takes a back seat. We can blame Billy all we want, but this is not something you can teach, but only can be gained by experience, which next year we should have.