Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Prefers Walk-on to Scott County Star
Scott County star, Richie Phares has been offered as a preferred walk-on at UK.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/barrier_noent...=&tid=&mid=

Thoughts?
I'd really like to see Richie take advantage of this offer, but I do believe he should weigh in on other options as well especially if he is offered a scholarship at the D-1 level.
Unless the Phares family is very wealthy I would take the full scholarship at another school. Believe me college expenses can eat you alive.
Hard to argue that. I'd love to see the young man wind up at UK, but he is an athlete worthy of a Scholarship. If a fullride is offered, it would be hard to pass up.
I would really like to see him at UK next year. And i know this doesn't belong in this thread but if Euton can play there so can Phares.
I say they pull Eutons scolly and give it too Phares. Phares is more worthy of a scholarship and would have more of an impact. I know him and Euton are teammates but from what I've seen Phares is the man on that team. Hes a dominate player and has the size and ability to be an impact player at U., I don't feel that way about Euton although he does have a year on him to improve.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I say they pull Eutons scolly and give it too Phares. Phares is more worthy of a scholarship and would have more of an impact. I know him and Euton are teammates but from what I've seen Phares is the man on that team. Hes a dominate player and has the size and ability to be an impact player at U., I don't feel that way about Euton although he does have a year on him to improve.

I agree.
I trust ole Billy Clyde
A full ride at another D1 school would far outweigh walking on at UK, IMO the school has alot invested and he would get a shot at playing more and its worth alot of money.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I say they pull Eutons scolly

I'm going to disagree with you on that one and it has nothing to do with the kid's potential. I am probably a lot older than you, but in my generation we were taught that your word was your bond. We valued honesty more than younger people do now. If a committment was made, it was kept. Billy Gillispie says he will honor his word and his committment to all that have committed to UK. I say good for him. If he starts breaking his committments to these kids like Pitrino did with the kid at Mount Vernon in football I will choose another team to follow. However, I don't believe he will.
rojas Wrote:I'm going to disagree with you on that one and it has nothing to do with the kid's potential. I am probably a lot older than you, but in my generation we were taught that your word was your bond. We valued honesty more than younger people do now. If a committment was made, it was kept. Billy Gillispie says he will honor his word and his committment to all that have committed to UK. I say good for him. If he starts breaking his committments to these kids like Pitrino did with the kid at Mount Vernon in football I will choose another team to follow. However, I don't believe he will.

Never looked at it from this perspective. I agree 100%. However, imo Euton should have never been offered.