Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 "Positives" About Your Coach
Seems like there are too many negative comments about the coaching staffs. I challenge each of you to think of positive statements that reflect what your coach offers your team. It would be great to hear how the kids are benefitting from sports for a change! I realize there's always a bad seed in every bunch, but I see people around me trying desperately to imporve the lives of players, and yet, communities often only focus on any negative fact they can come up with. I'm tired of it and would like to know if anyone really realizes what these people are really trying to instill in the players. 5 positive statements.
This might take awhile.
Most Coaches Teach Their Players To Work As A Team To Achieve Goals. Doing It Alone Usually Doesn't Work Too Well But When Your Team Adds To Your Effort It Is Amazing What A Team Can Achieve, The Same In Life As In Sports. Another Benefit Is The Exercise And Habits You Learn That Are Healthy And In Some Instances A Healthy Diet Is Taught As Well. Also When The Community Helps Teams Raise Money For Uniforms,trips,etc You Realize You Are Not Alone. It Is So Beneficial When The Community Supports The Coach And The Team.

It Is So Sad To See What Is Going On At Powell At The Moment. I Just Pray They Don't Give Up And Keep Playing And Working Toward Good Goals And Happenings. They Are In My Prayers.
Owsley's Coach:
1. Knows the game of basketball.
2. Knows what it takes to build a TEAM.
3. Knows how to get the most out of his team.
4. Truly cares about his players.
5. Kind and compassionate.
6. Respected by his players.
7. Provides time for all of his players for individual practice.

I could add more, but it only said five. I know we don't have alot of wins on our side, but evaluating a team/coach isn't always about the scoreboard. I think we have a great team, a great coaching staff and a great student body.
I will post about the two coaching staffs that I know very well, Louisville Eastern's Jason Couch and Louisville Male's Tom Crews.

Couch:
1. Unlike his rivals, no recruiting violations on his record
2. Great situational coach, such as the LIT final where all the timeouts he took resulted in momentum changes down the stretch because of the plays he set up.
3. Experience out in the state of Kentucky as well as at the college level in Indiana; had some great teams at Greenwood.
4. Gives all his players an equal chance to earn minutes; played all his players early in the year to see what they could do before going to a regular rotation.
5. Can win games with young players on the court because of his leadership, really sticks up for his guys and cares about his players.

Crews:
1. Like Couch, you wont find Coach Crews recruiting which can be abnormal in the Louisville area.
2. Has the most knowledge of the game of anyone I have talked to; knows all the rules that most refs dont even know, can do trivia for days, knows what to do in every possible situation, etc.
3. Has the BEST assistant coach in Louisville in Chris Stobaugh who coached at Desales in the past. He can break down a film like a college coach and knows every play the other team is gonna run ahead of time.
4. Has years of experience in Indiana and Kentucky, comes from a coaching family; his brother is Army's head coach.
5. Runs a strict, old school type program but gets the most out of his kids and turns lots of kids with marginal talent into college basketball players.