Trevor Robinson 1 rebound

B Team

Dorton 38
Elkhorn 12

Cody Belter 10 points
Cody Banks 8 points
Jesse Lucas 8 points
Zack Tackett 6 points
Victor Fouts 2 points (left game with probable broken wrist. Keep him in your prayers)
Drew Blackburn 2 points
Austin Cable 2 points

C Team

Elkhorn 31
Dorton 15

Drew Blackburn 7 ponts
Conner Cline 4 points
Zack Tackett 2 points
Jacob Beverly 2 points

D Team

Dorton 18
Elkhorn 17
I've not been much into Middle School basketball, just check the scores, but what in the world is "D Team"?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I've not been much into Middle School basketball, just check the scores, but what in the world is "D Team"?

5th grade and under. We have played a couple of games this season. Those games are usually the most exciting to watch. Maybe one time when you are back home, you can come check out an exciting "D Team" game!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:5th grade and under. We have played a couple of games this season. Those games are usually the most exciting to watch. Maybe one time when you are back home, you can come check out an exciting "D Team" game!

Yeah I might have to do that, or I might wait it out until the "E Team" comes together to watch that. Smile

Sounds like a pretty good idea though, getting kids some more experience. Congrats Dorton on winnning 3 outta 4.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good win Randy. Sounds like you are starting to play good down the home stretch.
new o Wrote:Good win Randy. Sounds like you are starting to play good down the home stretch.

Thanks. Congrats to you too.

We played pretty well. Michael Fields did not play for Elkhorn, so the margin would have been closer.
Good win on the road. EC is usually a hard place to play. Nice job coach.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Cody Belter 18 points, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists
Jesse Lucas 9 points, 7 assists
Zack Cantrell 8 points, 4 rebounds
Estil Bentley 8 points, 6 rebounds
Cody Banks 6 points
Jordan Adkins 5 points
Cody Lawson 4 points, 6 rebounds
Davey Hawkins 2 points
Trenton Tackett 2 rebounds
Trevor Robinson 1 rebound

B Team

Dorton 38
Elkhorn 12

Cody Belter 10 points
Cody Banks 8 points
Jesse Lucas 8 points
Zack Tackett 6 points
Victor Fouts 2 points (left game with probable broken wrist. Keep him in your prayers)
Drew Blackburn 2 points
Austin Cable 2 points

C Team

Elkhorn 31
Dorton 15

Drew Blackburn 7 ponts
Conner Cline 4 points
Zack Tackett 2 points
Jacob Beverly 2 points

D Team

Dorton 18
Elkhorn 17

Coach, I am hoping Victor Fouts did not suffer a broken wrist but just had a simple sprain. Just an observation but Cody Belter seems to be an awful nice player and not getting a lot of attention. Is that just because people recognize his youth and try to protect him from being ruined by the hype?
dortonite Wrote:Coach, I am hoping Victor Fouts did not suffer a broken wrist but just had a simple sprain. Just an observation but Cody Belter seems to be an awful nice player and not getting a lot of attention. Is that just because people recognize his youth and try to protect him from being ruined by the hype?

Victor did suffer a break. He is now in a cast, but will possibly be back by the County Tournament.

As for Cody Belter, I think most people recognize him as one of the best players in the area. However, not a lot of people keep up with middle school so I think that may be the reason he doesn't seem to get as much publicity.
The Wizard Wrote:Good win on the road. EC is usually a hard place to play. Nice job coach.

Thanks. The boys really played well that night. At this age you can never predict how they will play from one night to the next.