Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence -29 Boyd Co.-27
Lawrence County kicks the game winning field goal in the last 32 seconds and holds off a tough Boyd County team !!!

Congrats to the Dawgs !!!

This should make ole CD happy tonight.....:Nodding:
Congratulations to Lawerence.
I agree, CD will be one happy guy tonight.
Looks like it was a close game, held to low scores, lots of athleticism here.
Wow big win for the bulldogs. Congradulations dogs.
OMG

I'm 34 and watched the dawgs for over 25 years and this is the first FG that I can ever remember them making and one of a few that they've tried. If we had a kicker we could have possibly won the state semi game against Mayfield back in the early 90's and we could have at least took a try last year when our game ended on a 4th down inside the 10 against Belfry. And if Sprandlin had been playing this year against Belfry we might have pulled it off also.

This was one heck of a game. The score was 21 to 20 at the end of the first 1st qtr but only six points scored for each team in the 2nd and then only three in the second half by Lawrence County. Both teams got deep into the other's territory in the second but couldn't get it into the end zone.

Not trying to make anyone mad but from what I gathered from this game the only thing that Boyd County has is Luke Moore. I just wonder how good LC would have been this year if he had stayed in Louisa. Luke had over 200 yards rushing and over 100 passing for Boyd Co. I guess he got the numbers he wanted but his old TEAM and I do mean TEAM got the victory. I know its hard for a kid to make decisions like the one he did especially when you have people around you pushing you in different directions but I hope everything does work out for him in the end. Just glad the TEAM got the win.

LC had to go for it on 4th and like 12 with around 1 minute to go and they ran a Halfback option pass that was completed to the 12 yard line for the 1st down. This team never gave up tonight.

I've always loved Goldsmith as a coach but haven't always agreed with all the play calling by him or the offensive staff but after him bringing the one thing that I've begged for for years (KICKING) into the game and then getting it I won't say anything against the staff again when it comes to play calling.

OMG YES I'm VERY HAPPY. ITS ABOUT TIME FOR A WIN AND A KICKER. I'll try to give some more stats later. I have to come down from my cloud right now. CONGRATS TO MY DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're happy for ya CD !!!
Thanks

Looks like your Pirates did OK.
BP you cant delete my thread on this page...you know the one that had the correct score....lol...just joking with you.
Just talked to a bud and was reminded that in 1990 we kicked a FG to win against Paintsville not sure why I didn't remember that and he thinks we kicked another sometime in the 80's against Pburg. I really can't believe I forgot that one. At least when he reminded me I could remember the Pburg one but I still can't remember the Paintsville game but then again that was my first year out of school and its hard to tell what i was doing that night.
Congrats Lawrence County!
I called this one. Man BC is a mess.
See ya in a week AT41.
Congrats to LC. The BC slide is in full scale effect. Lawrence seems to be peaking at the right time. It should be an excited game for me to watch next week in Louisa.
I'm bored so I'm going to go ahead and post the stats for this one too.

.......................The Daily Independent Stats

.................................SCORING

........................................1st..........2nd........3rd........4th

Boyd County........................21............6..........0...........0

Lawrence County..................20...........6...........0...........3

LC - Coty Roberts 19 run (run failed)
BC - Brennan Sargent 4 run (Alex Gray kick)
LC - Aaron Smith 27 pass from Cory Humphrey (run failed)
BC - Luke Moore 1 run (kick failed)
LC - Jason Spradlin 69 yard pass from Humphrey (Roberts run)
BC - Justin Justice 25 yard pass from Moore (Ray Burton pass from Austin Hunter)
LC - Spradlin 10 run (run failed)
BC - Sargent 9 pass from Moore (run failed)
LC - Spradlin FG 25 yards

.........................................TEAM STATS

..........................................Boyd County............Lawrence County

First Downs........................................17................................19
Rushes-Yards...............................35-246..........................50-238
Passing Yards...................................144...............................119
Passing (Comp-Att-Int).................10-18-1...........................3-7-1
Return Yards........................................0.................................0
Fumbles-Lost.....................................2-2..............................2-1
Penalties-Yards................................6-80.............................8-43
Punts-Avg.......................................1-28.............................1-44

.................................INDIVIDUAL STATS

Boyd County Rushing: Moore 24-205 TD, Sargent 10-42 TD, White 1-0

Boyd County Passing: Moore 10 of 18 for 144 yards 2 TD, 1 Int

Boyd County Receiving: Justice 3-58 TD, Hunter 3-48, Barker 2-15, White 1-14, Sargent 1-9 TD

Lawrence County Rushing: Spradlin 22-105 TD, Roberts 12-65 TD, Fyffe 8-47, Humphrey 5-13, Smith 3-8

Lawrence County Passing: Humphrey 2 of 5 for 96 yards 2 TD, 1 Int, Fyffe 1 of 1 for 23 yards

Lawrence County Receiving: Spradlin 2-92 TD, Smith 1-27 TD
Thanks for the stat's TC68 I was going to get them this morning but hadn't made it that far as of yet. Still can't believe it.
congrats to lawrence on this one....didnt see it coming, i know you are excited CD.
A very young Belfry defeats Lawrence County in a gamer that should have been more lopsided.

Boyd County beats the snot out of Russell.

Lawrence beats Boyd County....

You can't put much stock into "who beat who" but I really hope thsi says soemthing for Pirate fans.
Great win for LC What has happened to BC?
Good luck next week
Good job LC, Boyd should be and could be a much better team, from what I understand the whole "team" Idea is posing some problems??? imo too many cheifs, not enough injuns.
Living example of weak schedule on BC's half. but congrats LC.
great win guys