Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AA -- Region 4, District 8
Well, this has been a big topic in the prediction threads. So, I figured I'd make one just for it.

Here's the way this district would shape up if the season ended today...

1. Belfry = 6-1 overall & 3-0 district

2. Sheldon Clark = 4-2 overall & 2-0 district

3. Shelby Valley = 3-3 overall & 2-0 district

4. Prestonsburg = 1-5 overall & 1-1 district

-------------------------------------------

Belfry
Good Wins - Lawrence County, Pikeville
Bad Loss - Henry Clay
Big games left: Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, Ironton,OH

Sheldon Clark
Good Wins - Fairland,OH, Prestonsburg
Bad Losses - Boyd Co., Lawrence Co.
Big games left: Belfry, Shelby Valley, Pike Central

Shelby Valley
Good Wins - Pike Central
Bad Losses - Breathitt Co, Letcher Central, Grundy,Va.
Big games left: Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg

Prestonsburg
Good Win - Magoffin Co. (Not considered really big, but got a W)
Bad Losses - Ashland, Sheldon Clark, Hazard, Paintsville, Pikeville
Big games left: All of them !!!
*Prestonsburg needs to win out to have a chance to host a playoff game and avoid a trip to Leslie County in the 1st round.
Pretty nice BP....
What about Pike Central???
Great Breakdown BP.
Who does this leave on the outside looking in?
Pike Central has East Ridge, Prestonsburg, and Sheldon Clark remaining.
All Big games but all winnable games.
With those wins could be the two seed.
CBS Sports Wrote:What about Pike Central???
PC is currently 4th in their district with a record of 1-2.

Let's assume that Belfry and Sheldon Clark are alreay in, leaving 2 more spots.

Ranks as of now:
#3 -- Shelby Valley (2-0) with games remaining against Shelden Clark, Magoffin Co., Prestonsburg, and Belfry.

#4 -- Pike Central (1-2) with games against East Ridge, Prestonsburg, and Sheldon Clark in the next 3 weeks.

#5 -- Prestonsburg (1-1) has games remaining against Belfry, PC, SV, and ER.

#6 -- East Ridge (0-3) with games against PC, Magoffin Co., and Prestonsburg.

So the upcoming weeks should be dandy!! :rock:
Pike Central is in the #5 spot with a district record of 1-2, If they win out in district play they will be 4-2. Central has to win their three remaining dist. games with SV, ER & P'Burg and combine that with two more district losses by Shelby Valley or Prestonsburg in order for the hawks to get in, if that does'nt happen the Hawks will be mathematically eliminated.
Beef Wrote:PC is currently 4th in their district with a record of 1-2.

Let's assume that Belfry and Sheldon Clark are alreay in, leaving 2 more spots.

Ranks as of now:
#3 -- Shelby Valley (2-0) with games remaining against Shelden Clark, Magoffin Co., Prestonsburg, and Belfry.

#4 -- Pike Central (1-2) with games against East Ridge, Prestonsburg, and Sheldon Clark in the next 3 weeks.

#5 -- Prestonsburg (1-1) has games remaining against Belfry, PC, SV, and ER.

#6 -- East Ridge (0-3) with games against PC, Magoffin Co., and Prestonsburg.

So the upcoming weeks should be dandy!! :rock:

Belfry will finish 6-0
Sheldon Clark will finish 5-1
Prestonsburg will lose to Belfry and then win out, finishing 4-2
SV will beat Magoffin and lose the other three, and end up with a 3-3 record
Pike Central will beat ER and lose the rest, finishing 3-3
East Ridge will beat Magoffin only and finish 1-5
Magoffin will not win a district game, 0-6

The 4 playoff teams will be Belfry, SC, Pburg, SV in that order.

The ER/PC game is meaningless.

Shelby Valley, however controls a lot of the final picture. If they could beat either Belfry, Pburg or Sheldon Clark it would get really interesting.
I dont know about interesting but confusing....... :argue:
1. Belfry-Will win out if they can get past P'burg. That game kinda scares me for them
2. Sheldon Clark-Will beat Valley and the other 2 there suppose too
3. Prestonsburg-They win out as well other than the Belfry game
4. Shelby Valley-3-3 will put them in
Welcome to BGR Prep Star
So If Prestonsburg finishes third in the district, will they get to host a home playoff game?
Only the 1st and 2nd place teams host a playoff game.

The 3rd and 4th place teams from each district go on the road to the 2nd and 1st place teams from the other district, respectively.
So all we can hope for is a district run out by P-burg and 2 Sheldon Clark district losses along the line. It's a long shot but it can happen I guess.
P'Burg has the 4 spot guaranteed right now unless they lose a couple dist games, then it would be Pike Central getting in and the Blackcats practicing basketball. For P'Burg to be any seed higher than a 4, it would take a few distrrict upsets by three top teams in order for the cats to move up. I just dont see it happening. I do think Pburg will be in the playoffs, no higher than a 3 seed and that would be a long shot.
So for PC to get into the playoffs they have to beat ER SC and Pburg.. Call me crazy but i think it could be possible for them to get in..
Central is 1-2 in the district, which puts them in the #5 spot right now.Even if the hawks win out the district, it will make tham 4-2...Thats not good enough. Pburg would have to lose their remaining district games and Central would have to win out to get in.

A Belfry win over Prestonsburg and a Central win over ER would put the Hawks into 4th place with a district record of 2-2. Prestonsburg will play at Central next week, thats a huge game for both schools.
Anybody who finishes 4-2 will make the playoffs in that district.
Bat Masterson Wrote:Anybody who finishes 4-2 will make the playoffs in that district.

Not if the four above them finish 6-0, 5-1, 5-1 & 5-2.....:Shaking:
BelfryPride Wrote:Not if the four above them finish 6-0, 5-1, 5-1 & 5-2.....:Shaking:

If the 4 spot finishes 5-2, then how can Central not make it finishing 4-2.. there would be a game missing in here somewhere..
I meant 5-1.....there's only 6 dist. games. Its just a long shot for PC to get in. I hope they do, but not everyone will. The 4th spot will be either PC or P'Burg.
Yeah i know what you mean BP.. it will be a long shot. But I think they can do it..
It is impossible for the top 4 teams to finish 6-0, 5-1, 5-1, 5-1.