Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best all around player in eastern ky?
haha....could we actually tell an exact number of people like from belfry...then from pburg? or would it be hard cause some people doesnt put in where they r from when they sign up.....
football05 Wrote:haha....could we actually tell an exact number of people like from belfry...then from pburg? or would it be hard cause some people doesnt put in where they r from when they sign up.....

it definitely seems like there are a ton of blackcats on here:redboxer: not that that is a bad thingConfusedhh:
LCwildcatJR Wrote:hey LC99, you got the official stats on chaffin and reynolds, both offense and defense?

This is the o stats for the before the Evarts game. Chaffin had only around 50 yards and Reynolds had 120 yds 3 tds against Evarts. I don't have the number of tackles each player has had, but I believe that Josh had 12 tackles against Evarts. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_19761
BelfryPride Wrote:P'Burg definitely more posters on here right now more than Belfry....It will eventually change over to PondCreekRivals.com soon though....Tongueirate04: :#1: :wenumber1

Northeast Kentucky is really lacking support by numbers currently. I believe this is the breakdown for the main schools up this way and the number of consistent posting fans on the site. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ashland - 3
Lawrence - 1
Boyd - 0
Russell - 0
reynolds and chafin are a definate deadly duo in eky
lchs_38_48 Wrote:reynolds and chafin are a definate deadly duo in eky

Welcome lchs 38_48, and Happy Birthday!!:dance:
DangerousA Wrote:BOUNCE. I'm coming out of the closet.
GO CATS
Knew it was just a matter of time, anyway............:Cheerlead
cookie_munster Wrote:It figures...... half of this freakin site is people from lynn camp now. May as well change it to lynncamprivals.com .
All Lynn Camp, all the time...........This Is LCNN. I don't think it will fly. Also, congratulations on the Suprise Announcement, Dangerous A.
LCNN what is that supposed to mean. lol
When you talk all around player I don't think theres another player in the state that does as much well as Jimmy Chaffin from Lynn Camp. He does the kick-offs the punting the kick-off recieving the punt returning the extra-point kicking the defensive back the tail-back and the back-up quarterbacking. Try to say all that in one breath. And he does all very well. So I don't think theres any better ALL_AROUND player anywhere.
Jimmy Chaffin at Lynn Camp is a tough cat, he is the best player east of I-75
HappyGilmore Wrote:There are a few names I could think of.

Blume, Matt Maynard, Weston Robinson, Jimmy Chafins, Quentin Morgan, Ryan Howard, etc. But the best of all of them might be T.R. Christopher of Bell Co. He's only a sophomore, maybe a junior, but he can flat-out play. Definitely the most pure RB of any that I've mentioned.

You guys might disagree, but I would add Chadd Blackburn from Pike Central to this list. With a very young team, this senior is the heart and soul of that team, no doubt. He makes some really nice plays from the MLB position, and is the teams best lineman. Best player on the team.
Matt Maynard-Belfry
Will Lockhart-Pikeville
John Johnson-SV
There are two players who stand out above everyone else to me when discussing "BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER".

Matt Maynard (Belfry)- On pace to rush for over 1000 yards, among the top 10 rushers in the state in 2A (as of last week), among the top 5 scorers in 2A. Has scored TD's running the ball, receiving the ball, returning punts, returning KO's, returning interceptions. Converted a botched extra point into a 2 point conversion. Defensively has intercepted four passes, one of the most consistent tacklers in the mountains.

Jimmy Chafin (Lynn Camp)- Does it all and then some. As a running back he will break the 1000 yard mark...like Maynard has scored TD's both running and receiving as well as on special teams. Also the kicker for LC.
The best players that make impacts on both sides of the ball? I would have to put Ron Blume ahead of everyone else because he impacts every aspect of the game so drastically. Offense, Deffense, & Special Teams every coach makes a plan trying to slow him down. Just behind him would be Matt Maynard from Belfry. He effects other teams plans almost as much as Blume. I think these 2 are head and shoulders above all the others I have seen, but I have not seen many people outside of AA and AAA teams in the Floyd, Lawrence, Martin, Pike, Johnson, & Boyd counties.
i think that matt maynard is the best player in eastern ky. i went to the pburg belfry game and i was amazed at how good he was at running the ball.
South Floyd's Justin Slone and Ethan Johnson are good ball players.
Jimmy Chaffin & Josh Reynolds know doubt about it these boys have some talent. Keep it up boys!!!
Jimmy Chaffin from LC
jimmy Chaffin from LC is top notch and Josh Reynolds isnt far behind.
I agree #14 Jimmy Chaffin from LC is top notch rb.
Dave shaffer can play both sides of the ball and Brenton hamilton, both these guys are amazing players for pburg. I see college football career for both of these guys.
Quentin Morgan
blackcat_student Wrote:Dave shaffer can play both sides of the ball and Brenton hamilton, both these guys are amazing players for pburg. I see college football career for both of these guys.

While I hope they both play college ball, I don't really see that in their future.

But if there is a better all-around player in EKY than Matt Maynard of Belfry I haven't seen him yet, that includes Blume. Granted, I haven't seen many from Harlan, Whitley, Bell, Laurel, etc. But this kid is a natural athlete and he excels at every aspect of the game.
In one of the biggest games in the state last week Jimmy Chaffin had over 290 all purpose yards, touchdown on kickoff return, pass caught for 6, kicked several extra points, threw a couple great passes on the last dirve, does it all. He should IMO give the kicking even if he is good at it, gets winded on those 88 yard runs.
John McPeek from Shelby Valley he is an outstanding running back with great speed and plays linebacker on defense with a text book tackle.