Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best high school football environment you were ever in?
I would have to say the Lawrence Co./Breathitt Co. showdown in 97. That was by far hands down for me, there are some others that were good but that one stands out alone. It was 8 or 9 people deep all around the field and a packed staduim. It was just awsome.
I guess we are talking just high school.....

For me it would probably have to be last years Pikeville Regional Championship because it was such a close game and both sides were going crazy. And to top it off with it going into OT...just a GREAT atmosphere!!

But I'm sure there have been some crazy nights involving Pburg and Pond Creek.

btw...best ever was UK's loss to LSU....talk about crazy :dance:
any time pburg and belfry hook up its special....last couple of years it has been awesome
The Lawrence/Breathitt game in 97 and this year's apple bowl.
I may be wrong...but since the Apple Bowl was a blowout...doesn't that kinda kill the atmosphere?
I say last year at Belfry/Pburg game.....alot of people there and was very loud..
But the UK Arkansas game 7 overtime that bcf4l and I attended was a very good game too...I think we ended up getting home about 4 am
Not even close the 2005 Apple Bowl
Beef Wrote:I may be wrong...but since the Apple Bowl was a blowout...doesn't that kinda kill the atmosphere?

The game was a blow out but the atmosphere before and during the game was great They started playing music on the new sound system before 5:30, and continued until after the game was over.
The firework display was fantastic. I've never seen anything like at a high school football game!!!!
Oldschool? what wasnt close the UK arkansas game or belfry pburg last yr?
I bet Pburg spent 20000 bucks on fireworks friday night lol....they shot alot off before the game and after......idk why they do that....they might as well save their money this week lol
Both games last yr. Belfry vs. P'Burg ......I was told there was over 10,000 ppl there for both games at old Vipperman Stadium. I was there and I saw there was ppl up, on the hill sides, 6-7 deep along the fenceline all the away around the field, even ppl standing in both endzones.It was a great atmosphere. And then of course the 7000+ Piratefaithful in Papa John's for the State Championship
football05 Wrote:Oldschool? what wasnt close the UK arkansas game or belfry pburg last yr?

I did not see either of those games in person or on .TV.
Of all the games that I've seen in person the 2005 Apple Bowl had the best atmosphere.
Well you shoudl try to come out to Pburg this friday and feel the atmosphere there.....Its pretty amazing what a high school game can do to ya......