Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry 2 Hazard 0 (Forfeit)
Smart move by Perry on not rescheduling this game.
Congrats PCC on the win.
congrats on a win
sorry to hear PCC wouldnt reschedule this one. Go Dawgs
KyGurl Wrote:It should have be rescheduled !! Seems as if Perry County doesnt want to do anything nice when it comes to Hazard !! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

KyGurl, karma works in mysterious ways!!! Go Dawgs!!! :Thumbs:
Hazard people always try to turn things that are there fault into someone elses fault. If Hazard wanted to play so bad they would have played. On the contract it states that the game must be played on that day. HAZARD is the one that got out of the contract. The game can't be rescheduled.
pccfan24 Wrote:Hazard people always try to turn things that are there fault into someone elses fault. If Hazard wanted to play so bad they would have played. On the contract it states that the game must be played on that day. HAZARD is the one that got out of the contract.The game can't be rescheduled.
Games can be rescheduled, that happens every year. As long as both coaches agree the games can be changed all the way up until tip off. I just wonder if Hazard had give financial rewards to Perry over the forfeit. That is usually the case with the signed contracts.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Wasn't there other schools that agreed to reschedule with Hazard?
[quote=alckuckler03]Smart move by Perry on not rescheduling this game.

Why is that a smart move?:confused:
pccfan24 Wrote:Hazard people always try to turn things that are there fault into someone elses fault. If Hazard wanted to play so bad they would have played. On the contract it states that the game must be played on that day. HAZARD is the one that got out of the contract. The game can't be rescheduled.

Why would PCC want to play Hazard with only 1/2 of their team? Games are rescheduled all the time. Why not this one??????
These two schools obviously do not like one another. I did look at Beechwoods' basketball schedule, they are still playing and they are playing against Hazard in the football game. Now, I do not know if they have players on both squads, but they are playing.
The Principal of a school is responsable for athletics. This is clearly outlined by the KHSAA bylaws. A scheduled game may be rescheduled it the PRINCIPAL from each school agrees. An earlier post says that the game MUST be played on the contract date.....how about when games are postponed for weather.....I believe they are played at a later date not to endanger students and staff on dangerous roads. It is sad this game could not be played on another date. It is not every year that a team makes it to the finals in football. I wounder how the KIDS feel about this? Did anyone ask THEM?
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Wasn't there other schools that agreed to reschedule with Hazard?

It's my understanding that all the other schools have agreed to reschedule the missed games except Perry. That tells you a lot right there. I have also heard that Hazard has to pay Perry $5,000. I'm not sure if this has been paid yet or not...I've heard that Hazard has appealed this to the KHSAA.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:It's my understanding that all the other schools have agreed to reschedule the missed games except Perry. That tells you a lot right there. I have also heard that Hazard has to pay Perry $5,000. I'm not sure if this has been paid yet or not...I've heard that Hazard has appealed this to the KHSAA.

If the game was forfeited then no payment is required.

If a buyout was in the contract there is no way it would be $5000. The most I have ever heard of in a high school contract is $1500. Most often the amount is $500.
With the Perry County Board of Education reducing the number of students in the reciprocal agreement (i.e., the number of students from Perry County who can attend Hazard) I am not for sure if Hazard should play Perry County anytime in the near future.
House Wrote:Lets break this down then let it go.

PCC is at full strength

Hazard would have been without:

Josh Whitaker
Michael Campbell
Josh Kidd
Corey Martin
Zach Blanton
BJ Combs
Allan Fugate
Todd Whitson
Jonathan Combs
Dylan Baker
Clint Clemons

That leaves Justin Jones, Robert Warren, four 8th graders, two freshmen & one sophomore.

What would EITHER team have gained from this game?

Hazard would have gotten some experience for their 8th graders and freshmen.

PCC would have proven that their whole full strength team could beat two from Hazard.

It probably WOULD have made a difference if Josh Whitaker was playing, Hazard actually had a chance to beat PCC if he was playing.
Bell Co. is playing without some key players due to Football. Teams play without key players @ times due different reasons. I believe I would take the "L" on the floor.:confused:
Blackwater Wrote:The Principal of a school is responsable for athletics. This is clearly outlined by the KHSAA bylaws. A scheduled game may be rescheduled it the PRINCIPAL from each school agrees. An earlier post says that the game MUST be played on the contract date.....how about when games are postponed for weather.....I believe they are played at a later date not to endanger students and staff on dangerous roads. It is sad this game could not be played on another date. It is not every year that a team makes it to the finals in football. I wounder how the KIDS feel about this? Did anyone ask THEM?

Well said !!!
OK.....I think Hazard did not play this game probably because they did not have all their players, which I can't blame them for that, I wouldn't want to play with half my team as well. And it is great for Hazard that they made the state football finals. But a basketball game on TUESDAY, is not going to affect a football game on FRIDAY for any fans or students. It is ridiculous that Hazard fans say stuff like that. And I didn't think that games that were under contract could be rescheduled, but I'm not saying I know this for sure.
Who Cares guys? Hazard paid the money its over. PCC will get its chance at Hazard on Jan. 16th, when HHS has all its players and Im pretty sure the commodores wont like the results of that one! Hazard will roll!
MVP2 Wrote:Who Cares guys? Hazard paid the money its over. PCC will get its chance at Hazard on Jan. 16th, when HHS has all its players and Im pretty sure the commodores wont like the results of that one! Hazard will roll!

Someone having a bad day?Big Grin Your outcome prediction is probably right.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Congrats PCC on the win.

LOL! how can you congratulate a team on win, when they never even stepped on the court? Just asking.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
dont understand.
Spartan4Life Wrote:LOL! how can you congratulate a team on win, when they never even stepped on the court? Just asking.

It's called sarcasm just like most of the post in this thread. LOL
classy....classy...lol