•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 21 - Johnson Central 13
batter08 Wrote:jim matney was out coached and i think that he blew the game so that he could get a job next season as belfry's head coach. GO JCHS

riiiiiiiiight... after what Matney has done to Coah Haywood in the past he'll never let him get that job believe that lol
I actually don't think Coach Matney would do that, and to suggest that he threw the game not only makes the coach angry, but it also makes the athletes and school system angry as well. To say slanderous things such as that. Johnson Central actually went for two because the whole team simply wanted to, Coach Matney actually wanted to go for one. Coach Matney has become attached to the Johnson Central program and I don't think he is leaving for a while.
I am a fan who has watched Haywood for a long time. I have to say, I am amazed at what that man has done at Belfry High School. EKU, who I know well and have essentially grown up with (via cyberspace) has become a great fan who could vouch for me. I used to get so frustrated from time to time with Coach and his playcalling and stuff. But, he and Steve Mickey have done some fantastic work for that community.

I wish Belfry the absolute best moving forward. I will always love that community with all my heart and take pride in those young men who strap in on every Friday. We REALLY are Belfry, we are BHS football. That is something that our community can be proud of and we owe it to that staff, the great parents who support these fine young men, and the young student athletes themselves.

I have never been prouder. I am an admitted "Monday morning QB" but a little bit of age has made me realize how special Belfry football is and how much credit the staff, community, and adminstration deserve. Beating Johnson Central was huge, and in my opinion, the sky is the limit.

Good job Pond Creek Nation!
PaytoPlay Wrote:I am a fan who has watched Haywood for a long time. I have to say, I am amazed at what that man has done at Belfry High School. EKU, who I know well and have essentially grown up with (via cyberspace) has become a great fan who could vouch for me. I used to get so frustrated from time to time with Coach and his playcalling and stuff. But, he and Steve Mickey have done some fantastic work for that community.

I wish Belfry the absolute best moving forward. I will always love that community with all my heart and take pride in those young men who strap in on every Friday. We REALLY are Belfry, we are BHS football. That is something that our community can be proud of and we owe it to that staff, the great parents who support these fine young men, and the young student athletes themselves.

I have never been prouder. I am an admitted "Monday morning QB" but a little bit of age has made me realize how special Belfry football is and how much credit the staff, community, and adminstration deserve. Beating Johnson Central was huge, and in my opinion, the sky is the limit.

Good job Pond Creek Nation!
Well said...:thumpsup:

I know exactly what you mean when you say how your perspective changes the older you get... in our cases we both have a different eprspective because we have had to be removed from that community to pursue our lives and careers elsewhere, and it ain't until you get that distance between that you see clearly and see how special of a program it is.
I only wish I could see more games in person!

Hope to be there for the Russell game in two weeks. Hey EKU.... you going to the Vandy game? Sorry for the private message, but I might have a ticket if you are interested
PaytoPlay Wrote:I only wish I could see more games in person!

Hope to be there for the Russell game in two weeks. Hey EKU.... you going to the Vandy game? Sorry for the private message, but I might have a ticket if you are interested

Nah, it's my birthday weekend and the GF has a evening plane trip in a bi-level plane around the city.

I will be at the Tennessee game though. Havent been to a single game at Commonwealth but I have went to Alabama, MIss. State, Florida, and now Tennessee on the road haha I'm just praying we go to the Chick Fil-A Bowl so I don't have to take another long road trip.
bac2369 Wrote:Guess no one will ever say Belfry is over-rated.

belfry is over-rated
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Well said...:thumpsup:

I know exactly what you mean when you say how your perspective changes the older you get... in our cases we both have a different eprspective because we have had to be removed from that community to pursue our lives and careers elsewhere, and it ain't until you get that distance between that you see clearly and see how special of a program it is.

I agree, there's something special about Belfry Football....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
belfry is going to win state!!!! go pirates!!!
DeLiRiuM Wrote:belfry is over-rated

Always from a dog! Rolleyes
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
The College One Wrote:belfry is going to win state!!!! go pirates!!!

Belfry has a tremendous team this year...I look for them to do well in the playoffs and potentially bring home the title. Would say they're going to, but I don't want to jinx it. Smile I'm superstitious about that stuff.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)