Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you voted? Share your experiences
I went to my precinct at about 9:30 AM this morning. I would say that in total it took me 5 minutes to show ID, wait for the booth to open, and then vote. It was very easy and no hassle.

Some are saying that places in Lexington have had waits up to 2 hours and 45 minutes. One place in Lexington had electrical issues and had to move to a different building. On the radio they were saying that lines of 200+ people were not uncommon today.

How has your voting gone today? Long waits? Short waits?

I was told that Berea had lines out the door at 6 AM this morning, and lots of people are reporting a high number of college students out today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wont be voting until I get off work, though I doubt there will be much of a wait in Flatwoods.
I voted despite having to deal with widespread voter intimidation from Obama supporters!
lawrencefan Wrote:I voted despite having to deal with widespread voter intimidation from Obama supporters!

There is not supposed to be any electioneering within 300 feet (maybe it's yards) of a polling place. If you encountered this today then I would recommend you contact the County Clerk's office and inform them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Man I hope some Obama supporters try to intimidate me.
ComfortEagle Wrote:There is not supposed to be any electioneering within 300 feet (maybe it's yards) of a polling place. If you encountered this today then I would recommend you contact the County Clerk's office and inform them.

It's 250 feet....Wink
Woke up at 7 am and went to my precinct took me maybe 5 min to show id, to vote and then to get out of there. As OBAMA recieved my vote!!!!!!!
Jshort5 Wrote:It's 250 feet....Wink

Not in Madison Co. They had signs posted all over the place this morning that said 300 feet....not that it really matters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I saw on the news at one polling place somewhere that 2 Black Panthers were blocking an entrance. They were telling McCain supporters that a black man was going to win this election no matter what.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Not in Madison Co. They had signs posted all over the place this morning that said 300 feet....not that it really matters.

That's weird, I figured it would be the same everywhere, in the whole nation....Oh well.....
Panther Thunder Wrote:I saw on the news at one polling place somewhere that 2 Black Panthers were blocking an entrance. They were telling McCain supporters that a black man was going to win this election no matter what.

When I went to vote, Sarah Palin was in a Chevy Van in the lot, wearing a nightie. She said, "If you don't vote for Obama, you can see Russia from in here."
Panther Thunder Wrote:I saw on the news at one polling place somewhere that 2 Black Panthers were blocking an entrance. They were telling McCain supporters that a black man was going to win this election no matter what.

You forgot to mention that the police were called and the men were removed. Some people are crazy and crazy has no party affiliation. You've got radical Democrats and radical Republicans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:You forgot to mention that the police were called and the men were removed. Some people are crazy and crazy has no party affiliation. You've got radical Democrats and radical Republicans.
I know, I was just being up a case I saw.
It was my first time voting and it was very easy! They were very courteous
My precinct was smooth today...My grandma is the sheriff and I just talked to her and she said there has been about 150 people out of 225 show up already..thats crazy. I'm surprised how many dems are voting for McCain instead of Obama. Most of them are old people though and don't want to vote for a black man. It sucks that they're like that but I've tried and tried to change my grandpa's mind but he says he went through it in the 60's in Chicago and nobody will change his mind.
I seen on CNN that some guy that tried to kill some troops at Ft. Dix, NJ is voting and some of the troops overseas can't because they sent the absentee ballot out to late...what a shame.
Took me about 2 minutes to sign in and vote.
went early to vote Mccain all the way!
Took a total of 10 min and MC to win.
Went into my place today and was in and out in about 10 minutes
Took me all of 2 minutes to sign in and vote. There was no line.

thecavemaster Wrote:When I went to vote, Sarah Palin was in a Chevy Van in the lot, wearing a nightie. She said, "If you don't vote for Obama, you can see Russia from in here."

Your a sick man you need help this is my country your making fun of if you dont like it get the **** out.
There was a guy at Hager Elementary telling people who were on their way in that if they didn't vote Obama they were racist. Luckily the cops came and roughed him up and took him away.
countryfrist Wrote:Your a sick man you need help this is my country your making fun of if you dont like it get the **** out.

Sarah Palin was not at my polling place. The above post is political satire. Feel free to respond: however, patriotism is not owned by only one point of view, and, as history clearly shows, those who are willing to rigorously examine their own nation's policies and practices, not just what it says but what it does, save the nation from its own vices and shortcomings. I'll be staying right here.