Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry - 36 Pikeville - 13 (Final)
Congrates Pirates.
Congrats belfry
From the predicitons thread:
"Talent wise, Belfry has the better team IMO. IF (and this is a huuuuuuge if) Belfry can fulfill three key things they win this game, if they don't do all three of this then Pikeville has an excellent shot at victory:

1. FUMBLES; Belfry cannot commit more turnovers than the Panthers.
2. OFFENSIVE PENALTIES; limit the drive killers such as holding, false start, and block in the back. Pikeville is too good to be backtracking, also Belfry's offense is designed for 1st and 10, not 1st and 15.
3. CONTAIN HUFFMAN'S FEET; If Belfry limits the Pikeville running backs to being the only running threat and bottle up Huffman... you pretty much take away the key component of this Pikeville offense IMO. Huffman is a solid quarterback,, but without the threat of hurting you with his feet his passing threat drastically decreases as well.

As for Pikeville... the inverse can be said but some other factors that the Panthers can do that would really kill their chances are:
1. DROPPED PASSES; the Panthers are notorious for this and last year it killed them vs. Belfry as well. The Pirates secondary is vulnerable, but if you can't make them pay then you are in trouble.
2. CONTAIN MATT MAYNARD; By far the elite playmaker on Belfry's team...containing him doesn't just mean his running game..the kid can kill you with returns or on defense. The Pirates momentum usually goes as Matt goes.. if he makes a big run or return the offense will be dangerous, if he makes a big hit or picks off a pass then the entire defense gets tougher.
3. DISRUPT TIMING; simply put, penetration on defense. You allow Belfry to keep your defense at the line of scrimmage and you can keep them in check most of the game, but it also makes you vulnerable for the big play Belfry is so good at breaking. You have got to put pressure on the handoffs and get some tackles for a loss"

Belfry #1- Fumbles were reduced in this game and did not hinder the Pirates from moving the ball.
Belfry #2-Belfry played very solid football and kept the penalties to a bear minimum
Belfry #3- Huffman only had 21 yards rushing and passing wise he threw two INT's. Also on 4th and 1 Belfry stopped Huffman in the backfield.

Bottom line: Belfry did not beat themselves, they did not put themselves in long yardage situations, and thus they controlled the momentum, the pace of the game, and ultimately the score.

Pikeville #1- Dropped passes played a major role when the pass form Huffman richocheted to Maynard for a key INT early in the game.
Pikeville #2- Speaking of Maynard he was by far the best football player on the field,,,, 120+ yards rushing, 2 key INT's, excellent coverage all night, and a pair of TD's. The kid is truly a gamebreaker.
Pikeville #3- Belfry made the Pikeville D-line look silly all night... and as I stated you give Belfry enough time and the big plays will ensue. A perfect example is Chapman's long run when he should have been stuffed at the LOS.

Bottom line: Pikeville was outmatched talent, speed, and strength wise.... they compounded the problem with some mental errors.
Very intellegent post orisonspi.

Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates and to Mr. BelfryPride, probably the happiest person over this Pirate win.
The game went the way that I wanted it to, nothing personally against Pikeville but I guess I would rather see Belfry win.

Best of luck to both teams during the rest of the season, either team could make something happen during the playoffs.
I fortold the ultimate demise of the Panthers. TongueirateSku
Nice signature Undertaker!
thetribe Wrote:Very intellegent post orisonspi.

Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates and to Mr. BelfryPride, probably the happiest person over this Pirate win.
The game went the way that I wanted it to, nothing personally against Pikeville but I guess I would rather see Belfry win.

Best of luck to both teams during the rest of the season, either team could make something happen during the playoffs.

Thanks tribe....and yes I still have a big smile on my face over this one !!!:High5: :Clap: :Skull03:
The Undertaker Wrote:I fortold the ultimate demise of the Panthers. TongueirateSku

:bigeyed:
BelfryPride Wrote:Thanks tribe....and yes I still have a big smile on my face over this one !!!:High5: :Clap: :Skull03:

If you were back home, I would throw a party for ya. lol :High5:
thetribe Wrote:If you were back home, I would throw a party for ya. lol :High5:

kool............:beer: :CD-PlayMu :Guitar01:
Exactly. I know how much Belfry football means to you, and so far that has been THE game of the season so we should celebrate.
Belfry will be in the AA semi-finals at least...good win for the Pirates and in the words of Phillip Haywood "just get a little better each week"
I talked to one of the Refs from this game and he said that there was nothing that they could ave even done to help the Panthers (even if there were so said bad calls). Being right on the field he said that Belfry dominated the Panthers on the line and ran the ball all over them. Not to mention they couldn't overturn all the turnovers that the Panthers had. The refs may have missed one-two calls but it happens every game.

And personally, being there I thought that they did one heck of a job. The game had some of the best refs in the area :thumb:
torQQue Wrote::wtf1: Your avatar freaked me outTongueirateSku

The panthers had 9 turnovers