Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd V.S. Allen Central 4/7
thoughts & Predictions
This one will be finished in 5 innings. I'm going to say 11 to 1.
Normally, I'd agree completely with 5 innings, and it still could be, but without L. Crowder and possibly Scott Little, this one could be a little closer. I'll still take AC however.
BaseballMan Wrote:Normally, I'd agree completely with 5 innings, and it still could be, but without L. Crowder and possibly Scott Little, this one could be a little closer. I'll still take AC however.

AC struggled during week one- finding their only win against KCC with L. Crowder pitching the complete game. With L. Crowder, Scott Little and Josh Prater out with injuries/illness-the Rebel pitching staff is getting younger and the numbers smaller.

In week 2- the Rebels cancelled their first game- due to the situation with L. Crowder's injury. Game 2 that week saw them complete 3 innings against Jenkins and the game was called for no lights during the 4th. Rain/weather cancelled game 3 against Phelps on Friday night and JBS cancelled their Saturday game early in the week- stating the Junior and Senior classes were gone on school related trip and JBS couldn't field a team ( they were left with only 8 players for the week).

With a late basketball season (which kept all but 2 current starters out) the weather and now the injuries- AC has struggled and may continue to do so. Prater is expected to return in 2 weeks. Little was the DH during week one- but struggled at the plate- not sure on when we can expect to see him return to pitching or playing the field. L. Crowder was told he should return in a few weeks.

The Rebels will struggle during the 2008 season- but perhaps playing without Little, Prater and L. Crowder's pitching- it will force the younger and inexperienced players to step up and get some much needed experience on the mound.

Good Luck tonight Rebels!!!!