Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 13 Pike Central 6
cards hit the ball really well were up 13 to 4 in the last inning...they pitced there younger guys tonight James Goble and Tyler Todd who both did very well
SC seems to be doing very well so far. PCC has tapered off since their win over Pikeville. 57th is by far the most dominant district.
Congrats Sheldon Clark
Nice win for the Cards!
SC seems poised to make a run in the district with a lineup that includes a number of good hitters.
I was really hoping that Pike Central would pull this one off. They just let too many balls get passed them and was not a good hitting night. The JV did come back and play great though! Congrats PC JV and Congrats Cards!
Pitching is what is going to kill Pike Central this year, they only have two solid pitchers and that being Fannon and Buck. After that there is a huge drop off in their rotation, when a team is crushing the ball on you at the high school level errors are going to happen very often unless its a team like Lawrence, Paintsville or Johnson Central. As we all know SC never rebuilds in baseball they always reload. Congrats to them
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pitching is what is going to kill Pike Central this year, they only have two solid pitchers and that being Fannon and Buck. After that there is a huge drop off in their rotation, when a team is crushing the ball on you at the high school level errors are going to happen very often unless its a team like Lawrence, Paintsville or Johnson Central. As we all know SC never rebuilds in baseball they always reload. Congrats to them

What do you mean they Reload? They went from winning the Regional championship to not even making the regional tournament. That is hardly reloading.
its hard for sc to reload they dont have the best feeder programs as we know but coach hall gets the best out of the kids when they play for him....they are very young right now but will make noise in the region in the next couple of years
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pitching is what is going to kill Pike Central this year, they only have two solid pitchers and that being Fannon and Buck. After that there is a huge drop off in their rotation, when a team is crushing the ball on you at the high school level errors are going to happen very often unless its a team like Lawrence, Paintsville or Johnson Central. As we all know SC never rebuilds in baseball they always reload. Congrats to them

It is hard to Judge Ryan Charles from his pitching in this game. None of Pike Central's boys were on the their game that night. I think Ryan is usually a pretty good pitcher.

hmmm you must not know much about PC baseball....cause they also have a great pitcher in Ryan Charles and Justin Norman...who both throw(when there on) about in the low 80's...rebuild..reload....just good coaching...
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:hmmm you must not know much about PC baseball....cause they also have a great pitcher in Ryan Charles and Justin Norman...who both throw(when there on) about in the low 80's...rebuild..reload....just good coaching...

being on has nutting to do with how hard you throw it maeans there hitting there spots and have there curveball working it has nutting to do with how hard you throw no one on pc's team can throw in the low 80's im not bashing the kids but thats just not a true statement
IntheZone Wrote:being on has nutting to do with how hard you throw it maeans there hitting there spots and have there curveball working it has nutting to do with how hard you throw no one on pc's team can throw in the low 80's im not bashing the kids but thats just not a true statement

allright maybe i was being just a little 'exagerating' lol Smile
I agree, at best PCC only have 1 maybe 2 kids who can throw upper 70's. SC is not even among the top 4 or 5 teams in the region right now and they smoked the PCC pitching. Just imagine what will happen when the top teams get ahold of that pitching? I will say this though, I do think that by the end of the year SC will be up to the #5 team in the 15th. I think they will be right behind either Belfry or JC by the end of the year.
i agree jackrabbit