Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donovan kicks NIT-bound Gators out of $12 million practice facility
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- When the Florida Gators lost in the first round of the Southeastern Conference tournament, they knew it knocked them out of the NCAA tournament field.
They had no idea it also would get them kicked out of their practice facility.
Coach Billy Donovan, feeling like his players had settled into a state of complacency and entitlement, banned them from Florida's $12 million facility. He also told them they couldn't wear any Florida attire.
"Probably in some respects the confetti is still falling down around them," Donovan said Monday. "When you have great success like we've had, I think it's very, very easy to become complacent and to lose sight of how good things are around here and to have an attitude of, 'I'm at Florida. This is just what's going to happen.'"
The two-time reigning national champion Gators (21-11) lost eight of their final 11 games, including the last four, and missed out on the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998. They became the first defending champion to not make it back to the tournament since probation-stricken Kansas in 1989.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3298503
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Very interesting tactic by Billy D, I like it.
I love Billy D., but if he was that upset with them being complacenct then why did he accept a bid in the NIT. I would have so no to that too. Especially if he won't let them practice in their gym. haha
That is funny, I don't care who you are.
I thought this was hilarious, but it is a good way to get his kids motivated.
Well donavon get used to it..just a little taste of things to come..die florida die!
Yeah, I am sure the team had to move in an $8 million dollar facility instead of a 12. Poor guys! But I do like the approach of it all!
4_real Wrote:Well donavon get used to it..just a little taste of things to come..die florida die!

:rockon:
Smile Agreed.
DevilsWin Wrote:That is funny, I don't care who you are.
4_real Wrote:Well donavon get used to it..just a little taste of things to come..die florida die!

Big GrinSmile
Thats just awesome.