Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've been ROBBED!
Literally. Some thugs busted out our bedroom window, (allegedly) stuffed some things into a hamper, topped it off with some clothes and walked away. We're out about $1500. DVDs, ps2, games, video camera, (old)laptop, hamper, socks. Here's the kicker. This same apartment was broken into about 10 months ago. You'd think we would have been informed of something like that. The guy next building over said someone tried to break into his place one night while he was there, but took off when they realized someone was home. Anyway, I just had to vent. I hate this apartment complex, had a bad feeling when we moved in. It's not the best looking place. Hopefully we can get out of our $1000 fee for breaking the lease and get the hell out of here.

Here are some missing items in case any thugs approach you on the street to sell stuff for drugs.

Playstation 2 with a network adapter. It had 1 black and one grey (regular ps2) controller. The black controller had a couple of cracks on the handles.
Simpsons Road Rage was in the PS2, so it will be sold without a case more than likely.
Madden 2002 and 2003.
SSX
Socom in the box with the headphones.
Grand Theft Auto 3

Pentium 133 laptop. It was crappy, but worked hella good for remote desktop. With the laptop was a long USB cable and a red/black 10/100 USB Linksys ethernet adapter.

Movies include but aren't limited to:
Sweet Home Alabama*
When Harry Met Sally*
Pretty Woman*
(about 5 more chick flicks)*
Clerks the movie
Clerks the cartoon collection
Dogma
Mallrats
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
The Others
Signs
Road to Perdition
some more
*wife's movies, I swear.

A large coke bottle about 1/4 full of change (approx $200).

A Canon camcorder model ZR65MC, cables, with 2 large 2 hour batteries, 2 64 mb cards, several tapes with our wedding video and some vacation video.
oh my god ZMG, i am really sorry and i hope that you can get your stuff back plus the memories along with it.
I hate that happened to ya.. I hope you find who did it
The house im in right now got broke into before we moved in
Sorry to hear that ZMG
Sorry, I hope you find the person that done this.
Sorry to hear about this ZMG. Before I bought my house in Lexington my apartment here in Lex got broke into while I was at a UK game and they took a lot of my things. Luckily I had renters insurance and got $$ back for everything that was stolen. Did this happen in Pikeville or Lexington?? If it is Pikeville you can almost gaurantee that someone did this to get drugs....The drug problem in Pikeville is out of control. I hope you find out who did this and get some revenge on them one way or another.
Nevermind I just saw that your location is in Lexington.....what complex do you live in at Lexington??
Who really steals a giant coke bottle full of change? What criminal is looking around and is like, "Well I gotta have that"
PHSFAN Wrote:Nevermind I just saw that your location is in Lexington.....what complex do you live in at Lexington??

I'm in Springhouse. I didn't like it from the day I looked at it, but it was large enough and in our price range. We never looked into renter's insurance because we were under the impression that it would be too much to handle. We were just misinformed and stupid enough not to check into it. Live and learn I guess. We are buying a house soon and getting out of this ghetto though... thankfully.

What area are you in btw?
CNN Wrote:Who really steals a giant coke bottle full of change? What criminal is looking around and is like, "Well I gotta have that"

The same type of person that would steal a mans socks.
ZMG Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:Nevermind I just saw that your location is in Lexington.....what complex do you live in at Lexington??

I'm in Springhouse. I didn't like it from the day I looked at it, but it was large enough and in our price range. We never looked into renter's insurance because we were under the impression that it would be too much to handle. We were just misinformed and stupid enough not to check into it. Live and learn I guess. We are buying a house soon and getting out of this ghetto though... thankfully.

I live out on Newtown Pike by the Mariott. I used to go out with a girl that lived in The Springhouse.....I like that part of town but that exact spot is a little ghetto. Isn't that the complex where the kid got beat to death in his apartment last year?
PHSFAN Wrote:
ZMG Wrote:

I live out on Newtown Pike by the Mariott. I used to go out with a girl that lived in The Springhouse.....I like that part of town but that exact spot is a little ghetto. Isn't that the complex where the kid got beat to death in his apartment last year?

Like you, I like the southside of town, but not this complex. We used to live in a real good place called Oak Grove. I't on Man O War.

And I don't think this is where the kid got beat to death, but looking around here I wouldn't doubt it happening. If someone breaks into my place again while I'm here, it might happen soon. Not that I would want to do that, but they'd at least be drinking their food through a tube for a little while. :?
ZMG Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:
ZMG Wrote:

Like you, I like the southside of town, but not this complex. We used to live in a real good place called Oak Grove. I't on Man O War.

And I don't think this is where the kid got beat to death, but looking around here I wouldn't doubt it happening. If someone breaks into my place again while I'm here, it might happen soon. Not that I would want to do that, but they'd at least be drinking their food through a tube for a little while. :?

I used to live at the Racquet Club next to Oak Grove...Both nice places. I am pretty sure that the murder happened at Springhouse about a year ago.