School Closings and Delays-Tuesday Jan 22
Pike Co and Floyd Co---2 Hour delay
Today Tuesday Jan 22
Breathitt--CLOSED

Clay--CLOSED

WOLFE--CLOSED

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Perry and Knott are on a 1 hour delay...

What is Pike delayed for?
Yea why? I've been on a bus for 45 mins and just now got back home, I had to walk about a half-mile up the road. This is ridiculous, they need to get this called before people wake up.
I was watching t.v. and saw a bus go up the road, and make a u-turn and head back the other way, they definitely need to get this stuff out to everybody faster.
Well apperantaly Pike is on a delay because of "weather"...Blah its just cold out.
SNow and Sleet is well on it way. People in the Central Ky area got a quick inch and snow is coming soon for us so they did it in anticipation of the weather.
It is easier to leave you home and assess the weather than it is to take you back if it gets bad once you are at school!
So Pike should anticipate getting out?
BlackcatFootball Wrote:SNow and Sleet is well on it way. People in the Central Ky area got a quick inch and snow is coming soon for us so they did it in anticipation of the weather.
Also, any precipitation is expected to be in the form of RAIN in eastern Ky by 10am
I wouldn't anticipate anything! I would say we'll be going if I had to guess!
No School in Floyd Co.
Paintsville is covered and WMDJ is reportin its coming in soon.
If Floyd is closed, and it's only on the way, then Pike should close.
Pike county now CLOSED!!
Dandy!
In case you guys haven't gone outside, it may look like it's not doing anything, but it's nothing but a solid sheet of ice out. There are numerous accidents here in Floyd Co. and they just keep piling up. Very dangerous conditions outside. And I honestly don't expect much rain out of this ordeal. Radar returns are showing most of the mixed precip is changing over to snow now. I'll be shocked if we see much in the way of rain.
I dont know about snow a coming but it was raining very light at my house.
Paintsville is in school....
My steps are iced over but the precipitation is a mix of rain and sleet....

Johnson County was on regular schedule.
OMG it was bad out i live in martin county and i started out to school and had to sit on top of a hill for 3 hours untill the road cleared up just enough for me to get back home it was nothing but a sheet of ice out this morning and it still is.
If anyone has to get out to day be care full and take your time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I sat on the side of US 23 (Abbott MTN) on the hill for 30 minutes, just waiting to see how everyone was making it. I finally got up the nerve and tackled the other side. It was very slick, but I did finally make it.