Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co. 49 Owsley Co. 38
Lee overpowered the Owls to advance in the All-A tournament
Yea but i feel that alot of the calls in the game on both sides were not so well... but the lady cats played very very well and hit alot of good shots... I like nthe improvement by them
CONGRATS LADYKATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow big win for lee
does this make powell a dead lock in the 56th for 1st in district tourney?
good job Lee Co.
What has happened to Owsley? They done so well last year, and have for the most part the same team as last years.
Last year senior center Jessica Murrel was a big part of this team on the offensive side of the ball not only did she do her own thing but by being that offensive player she allowed Kendra Combs to be the great shooter she is. Now without Jess, Kendra isnt getting open as much and isnt hitting as many shots, plus Kendra has had alot of off the court problems.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:does this make powell a dead lock in the 56th for 1st in district tourney?

Not yet... were Powell to lose to Lee twice (very unlikely) and at Estill, they would have three losses, Lee would finish 4-2 and win the district. With that being said, the most likely scenario is Powell finishes 6-0, the other three finish 2-4, and Estill gets the two seed via the tiebreaker.
I hope they get back on the right track. Owsley has the talent to be a real threat. Is Kendra Combs getting any looks from any colleges?
and_1 Wrote:I hope they get back on the right track. Owsley has the talent to be a real threat. Is Kendra Combs getting any looks from any colleges?

I think so, but im not exactly sure on which ones. She told me a few weeks ago, but I cant remember
No Favorites Wrote:Last year senior center Jessica Murrel was a big part of this team on the offensive side of the ball not only did she do her own thing but by being that offensive player she allowed Kendra Combs to be the great shooter she is. Now without Jess, Kendra isnt getting open as much and isnt hitting as many shots, plus Kendra has had alot of off the court problems.
The Write girl could more than compensate for Murrell, but they dont play her enough, and when she does play she doesn't look for enough shots. Write should be taken the 2nd most shots on the team, just behind Combs. The offense should be geared toward her, and then more open shots will open up for everyone else. Its called inside-out offense. Thats how it works. Not outside-in.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:The Write girl could more than compensate for Murrell, but they dont play her enough, and when she does play she doesn't look for enough shots. Write should be taken the 2nd most shots on the team, just behind Combs. The offense should be geared toward her, and then more open shots will open up for everyone else. Its called inside-out offense. Thats how it works. Not outside-in.

I completley agree, and I think the only reason that she doesnt get more time than she does is because of her only being in 8th grade and not haveing enough court experience... I hope she gets more, the Lady Owls could really use it...