Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Basketball
With the way we have started the season the year looks bleak but can we really judge the team until we see games when we are completely healthy? What is everybody's opinion?
Kentucky has multiple problems.

We cannot play as a team, we have no true leader, Patterson (a freshman) is our best player, and the only person to start all 9 games is a walk-on (Coury). Bradley acts like he is playing street ball and not team ball, we have no true point guard, our offense consists of shooting the three, and we have no size other than Patterson.

But the future looks good if the commits stay true to there commitment, and if everyone is healthy. Some reasons why Kentucky is having a tough year is because of so many distractions, new coach, and mediocre players. Once BCG gets these highly talented freshman in Lexington then Kentucky will be much, much better.

And maybe this year will bring spoiled UK fans (Like myself) back down to earth.

GO BIG BLUE!
Was watching 1st & 10 and for the first time ever I agreed with what Skip Bayless had to say and will probably be the only time. I have said it all along and everyone I know has said it, but Bayless said for UK fans to be; patient. You have to look at Gillispies situation, new coach, new system, and the same players that Tubby has brought in over the past few years. We simply are just getting outplayed in every aspect of the game, rebounding, defense, and hustle points. We also don't have a goto guy on the offensive side of the ball, Meeks is coming off a injury that set him back 6 weeks yeah he looked good last night but he finally winded out in the 2nd half. Crawford is one heck of a player don't get me wrong, but he is also one of the most inconsistent I have seen. What is there to say about Ramel Bradley? One thing is that the day he graduates just might be the shining moment of this season, lol. Seriously though those die-hard fans need to be patient, we are wanting the expectations way too quickly when in reality 2 or 3 years down the road things will be like they once were. One thing I hope and pray is that Gillispie stays through the trials and tribulations, those are the times that make a person and a coach stronger so he should learn something from this. Look back at Pitino, 14-14 in his first season and before last night he was the last coach to have a 4 game losing streak or longer and I think he turned out alright didn't he? GO CATS!!!!
I agree i feel that the team is in transition from one coach's strategy to another and we need to remember to that we havent seen the team with a full healthy roster.
elkcity2224 Wrote:I agree i feel that the team is in transition from one coach's strategy to another and we need to remember to that we havent seen the team with a full healthy roster.

Thats true, we get a healthy Meeks, Patterson and Jasper out on the floor talk about a big 3. Then tag Crawford in the mix then have a battle royale for the 5th starting position. I think I would go that route rather than start Bradley, lol. Good player is Bradley, but he is only focused on the flash, think hes more fit for and1.
This season has looked so hopeless it is almost as if we were destined to have a rough transition period instead of the one Tubby had. The injuries and lack of talent and lack of basketball IQ has killed this team and will continue to do so until Jasper comes in and leads or Liggins comes in and leads (next year). The whole state knows Bradley can't do it and just want to play "street ball" all day.