Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK basketball question?
My wife has asked me this several times since the game yesterday.

Why did UK play at Freedom Hall? Was it some sort of tournament?

Please answer this so she will give it a rest.Smile
I am going to go out on a limb and say it is was played there so it could be on a nuetral floor. I would say it is alot like the Indiana - Kentucky games being played on a nuetral floor. So that no team has home court advantage. That is just a guess.
I would go with And_1. That is a pretty good guess.
I hate to tell you guys, but Freedom Hall is not a "neutral" floor if Louisville isn't playing there. Everyone knows that UK fans take over that place
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I always thought it was for all us Northern KY and IN fans could have a chance to watch them without driving to Lex.
I think they play a game there every year because a good deal of UK alums live in the area and it gives that part of the fan base a chance to see the team live.
RavenBoy Wrote:I always thought it was for all us Northern KY and IN fans could have a chance to watch them without driving to Lex.

Your right, they play there for the fans in other parts of the state...
So in other words, nobody still has the TRUE answer, lol....
clipperw Wrote:I think they play a game there every year because a good deal of UK alums live in the area and it gives that part of the fan base a chance to see the team live.

The answer is that it is a yearly tradition that UK plays one 'home' game per year in Freedom Hall, as a gesture toward the large UK alumni contingent living in our state's largest city. I don't know how long this has gone on, but they have done it for as long as I can remember right now.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
because theyve sucked everywhere else this year, might as well stink up Louisville too..
More Cowbell Wrote:The answer is that it is a yearly tradition that UK plays one 'home' game per year in Freedom Hall, as a gesture toward the large UK alumni contingent living in our state's largest city. I don't know how long this has gone on, but they have done it for as long as I can remember right now.

ding ding ding.. you are right...

its been going on for 50 years at least...
More Cowbell Wrote:The answer is that it is a yearly tradition that UK plays one 'home' game per year in Freedom Hall, as a gesture toward the large UK alumni contingent living in our state's largest city. I don't know how long this has gone on, but they have done it for as long as I can remember right now.

Correct you are my friend. However, I wish that it would have been an even smaller school lol. It is a shame that we played a good game but loss it in such a manner.
They do it where other parts of the state can travel less as far to louisville instead of lexington to watch UK.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:because theyve sucked everywhere else this year, might as well stink up Louisville too..
Good answer. :lmao: Smile
SIZE13 Wrote:They do it where other parts of the state can travel less as far to louisville instead of lexington to watch UK.
That is correct, not because of alumni
Louisville (Jefferson Co.) has a huge UK alumni fanbase. UK also has a huge Alumni base in Cincinnati. So they will usually have games in those two cities, mostly for the alumni.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah just because of the UK fans in Louisville. Hmm, wonder why you don't see Louisville playing in Lexington? lol.