Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Corbin-Boyle Crazy Rant Thread... I've Not Taken My Meds & I'm Up All Weekend!
(11-20-2023, 11:21 AM)CC117 Wrote: Whether or not it warrants an ejection at that point in the game in that kind of a game, I don’t know, but it’s disturbing that there is plain as day video which not only shows an intentional stomp/step/unnecessary contact after the play is dead and also shows officials directly in front of and directly to the side watching it happen.  No flag.  This was the first of several incidents the refs ‘didn’t see’

I agree 100%. Refs did a poor job in that department.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55
My two cents on this and I’m done, games over and I’m pretty disappointed with it all…The severity of the stomp isn’t as much of an issue as why are players being stomped on after the play is over with at all? This is a game being played by young men who everyone involved, refs included, have an obligation to make sure is played morally, with dignity, and respect for everyone on the field….Doesn’t matter which set of bleachers your setting in it can’t be justified or condoned in any way….
[-] The following 8 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Colonel4Life1999, Cowboy42, Hatz, HighViz, know1, Rebel55
(11-20-2023, 11:57 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: My two cents on this and I’m done, games over and I’m pretty disappointed with it all…The severity of the stomp isn’t as much of an issue as why are players being stomped on after the play is over with at all?  This is a game being played by young men who everyone involved, refs included, have an obligation to make sure is played morally, with dignity, and respect for everyone on the field….Doesn’t matter which set of bleachers your setting in it can’t be justified or condoned in any way….
Well said.
(11-20-2023, 10:29 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Corbin is such a tradition rich city, for more reasons than football.  BUT football is a major component in their history!!  Corbin has had some of the best teams and coaches in their history, and they always compete.  Even in their down years, the teams were competitive.  And traveling?  Nobody travels any better!  I have a ton of respect for Corbin and their football traditions.

There have been times when I was convinced that OSH wasn't really from Corbin.  I thought, perhaps, a rival school had provided a poster that would pretend to be from Corbin and post such obnoxious and delusional posts as to offend as many people as possible.  It would possibly be successful in turning a lot of people away from Corbin and considering every fan as obnoxious and delusional.  I know better than that.  Some of the best people I know are from Corbin and quite supportive of the school and their sporting clubs.

OSH always has an agenda when he posts.  And like most extremists, has a grain or two of truth that can be built on.  But two things that are never contained in his posts are objectivity and accountability.  OSH is demanding accountability but refusing to be accountable for his own actions/words.  So Christian Laettner stomped on a competitor......WOW!  I didn't know that!!  That makes everything okay!!  By the way, OSH, I don't believe there are technical fouls in football.  Perhaps you erred and meant to say personal foul; one that requires ejection.  That is much more fitting to the shameful stomps and grabs that happened in this game.

So, I've had my 2 cents worth!  I'm sure your response will be dripping with sarcasm and insane, unfounded accusations.  That's fine.  I won't be posting about this game anymore.  It's old news, and I don't want to waste any more of my time.

I will end by saying, if you are who you say you are, then I shudder to think of you being an educator for the youth of the area.
Your two cents worth... Nice !  The bottom line is this. I watched the video you referred to with an open mind. Those things go on in every game, but MUCH MUCH worse things. Have you ever played HS football? Of course not.   Bites, scratches, hits to knees, eyes gouges and pokes, testicle squeezes, and much more. Just about every play. The "stomp," if that's what you want to call it, might of been unsportsmanlike(the ref saw it so apparently he didn't agree with grandmama that it was worthy of an ejection or even a penalty)but things like that happen all throughout a football game and most of those actions don't get penalized.  Call it thuggery or whatever you want to call it. These two young men have been libeled on here for three months because of who and what they are. I'm glad I got to watch them perform, and I look forward to watching them perform at UK, or wherever they wind up. 

Blast me all you want to. I don't care. I am not a plant of another school to turn people against Corbin. I'm as real as real can be --- unvarnished and not politically correct but I say the things others wish they had the guts to say. The PMs that I have received are a testament to that.  That's why my threads get thousands of views compared to a couple hundred for the average thread. Politics and religion forums died when I left them. I could go back in today and light them on fire with all kinds of interest. The views would skyrocket. Old School is good for business, whether you like his style or perspectives, or not.  And yeah, Old School still makes his living educating your kids and grandkids and teaching them how to think critically, possibly for the first time in their lives.  I received teaching awards for the job I've done for nearly forty years.  So sleep well a night, sports fans and BGR family, knowing that Old School has you,  and your kids,  covered.  Smile
(11-19-2023, 11:14 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 11:01 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Hindsights always 20/20 but do you guys think if the 3 Somerset kids would have stayed home they'd have had a shot and a state title.  Furthermore do you think it's worth leaving the guys you have played with all your life to switch teams, at the end of the day years down the road when relationships are fractured and community doesn't forget is it worth it.  I've spoke to several kids who transferred and in the end it changed nothing except lost friendships and community disappointment. 

Whitley County the Mother ship county of Corbin did win a state baseball championship (Much bigger deal because of no classes BTW) without any outside transfers or recruits, it was such a special accomplishment.
Congrats on the State Championship, but did your catcher always go to Whitley Co?
he didn’t, and you know that. we ran him off over daddy ball, funny it has to do with same kid hurdling losing us the game. should have been playing for us and helping us win a state title, instead he went to the county at shot to play
[-] The following 2 users Like REDPUPPY's post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(11-20-2023, 05:43 PM)REDPUPPY Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 11:01 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Hindsights always 20/20 but do you guys think if the 3 Somerset kids would have stayed home they'd have had a shot and a state title.  Furthermore do you think it's worth leaving the guys you have played with all your life to switch teams, at the end of the day years down the road when relationships are fractured and community doesn't forget is it worth it.  I've spoke to several kids who transferred and in the end it changed nothing except lost friendships and community disappointment. 

Whitley County the Mother ship county of Corbin did win a state baseball championship (Much bigger deal because of no classes BTW) without any outside transfers or recruits, it was such a special accomplishment.
Congrats on the State Championship, but did your catcher always go to Whitley Co?
he didn’t, and you know that. we ran him off over daddy ball, funny it has to do with same kid hurdling losing us the game. should have been playing for us and helping us win a state title, instead he went to the county at shot to play
I’m not hating on the kid all, he’s a great kid and I hated to see him go, I’m happy for Whitley Co I even bought a few of their state championship t shirts and I’m no baseball fan.  All I’m saying is if a kid wants to transfer what’s the big deal especially if it works out for them…He was trying to throw shade over transfers when they had at least one I know of, that’s it….It doesn’t take away from the fact it’s a special accomplishment and from everything I’ve heard the kid is happy….
All the Corbin threads should be closed. The next one should be Corbin 2024. Because that all that’s important after Friday night.

Better teams don’t lose 2 years in a row. We had the 2 best defensive players in the state. Maybe the state has ever seen. We had several other good players. But the keyword here is TEAM. Part of the team is coaching and administrators when it comes to winning championships. They all come together for what’s best for the kids. This. EPIC failure. Congrats to the Boyle County TEAM!
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(11-20-2023, 06:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I’m not hating on the kid all, he’s a great kid and I hated to see him go, I’m happy for Whitley Co I even bought a few of their state championship t shirts and I’m no baseball fan.  All I’m saying is if a kid wants to transfer what’s the big deal especially if it works out for them…He was trying to throw shade over transfers when they had at least one I know of, that’s it….It doesn’t take away from the fact it’s a special accomplishment and from everything I’ve heard the kid is happy….

The kid probably went from Whitley County to Corbin then back to Whitley County. lol
(11-21-2023, 04:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 06:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

The kid probably went from Whitley County to Corbin then back to Whitley County. lol
Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug