Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Central Hardin
0%
Louisville Ballard
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Hardin at Louisville Ballard 11/17
Central Hardin (7-5)   RPI#3 West
Aug 18, 23 George Rogers Clark away (W) 42 - 22
Aug 26, 23 DuPont Manual home (L) 7 - 20
Sep 1, 23 Henderson County home (W) 36 - 35
Sep 8, 23 Meade County home (L) 25 - 32
Sep 15, 23 Bowling Green away (L) 6 - 45
Sep 22, 23 Central home (L) 17 - 26 Click
Sep 29, 23 Warren Central away (W) 51 - 12
Oct 6, 23 North Hardin home (W) 1 - 0
Oct 20, 23 Barren County away (W) 43 - 0
Oct 27, 23 Bryan Station away (L) 8 - 48
Nov 3, 23 Christian County home (W) 60 - 0
Nov 10, 23 Daviess County home (W) 36 - 6

Louisville Ballard (9-3)   RPI#2 West
Aug 18, 23 Southwestern (W) 41 - 34
Aug 26, 23 Male away (L) 3 - 34
Sep 1, 23 Pleasure Ridge Park home (W) 49 - 22
Sep 8, 23 Bryan Station home (L) 21 - 28
Sep 15, 23 George Rogers Clark away (W) 44 - 3
Sep 22, 23 Tates Creek home (W) 42 - 6
Oct 6, 23 Trinity (Louisville) home (L) 10 - 44
Oct 13, 23 Oldham County away (W) 48 - 7
Oct 20, 23 Eastern away (W) 48 - 6
Oct 27, 23 Woodford County away (W) 50 - 21
Nov 3, 23 Pleasure Ridge Park home (W) 28 - 21
Nov 10, 23 DuPont Manual away (W) 48 - 42

Recent history
Nov 11, 2016 Ballard 41 Central Hardin 35 2016 Class 6A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl (overtime)
Oct 27, 2017 Central Hardin 21 Ballard 0
Oct 26, 2018 Ballard 10 Central Hardin 9
Brewing for a battle of Bruins...

Central Hardin has struggled with the faster teams on their schedule including a loss to North Hardin before the forfeit was enforced. Louisville Ballard never lacks in speed so there's that. The crimson Bruin's defense isn't near as potent as last year's squad so the Columbia blue Bruins may be able to score a few TDs.

Some have said CH is much healthier than they've been for most the season. They'll need all available bodies to have shot at this game. Finding a way to limit RB Journey Wyche will be the biggest key. Turnovers and big kick returns have hurt CH in several games. They can't afford either come Friday. They are capable of winning in the trenches especially on offense and will need it to control the clock and keep this a low scoring affair. Add a few breaks and they could have their shot near the end. Walker Meredith is capable of hitting on a big play in all three phases. Unfortunately for CH, they don't excel in the passing game which might be the best way to attack the Ballard defense. CH's defense & special teams must find a way to limit points (Ballard averages 36 pts / game)

Expect Ballard to get Wyche going and use play action pass to spread the ball around. They'll take a few deep shots. Sophomore QB Irvin (transfer from Western) averages nearly 1 TD & 1 INT per game. His play could have a big effect if those stats fluctuate to the pro or con. Defensively, I believe they'll load the box and dare Spurrier to beat them. Both teams have great kickers if it comes down to it. Overall, special teams should favor Ballard. Maurice Stephens (JR) is capable of hitting on a big play in all three phases (D1 offers from Cent Mich, EKU, Miami OH, Akron).

Statistically and comparing opponents puts Ballard in the range of 3 TD favorite. I'm leaning toward Central Hardin making this more of a game. I think Ballard could have a tough time shaking the mental & physical hangover of the emotional 2OT win against rival Manual. Also, CH's big uglies are built for this kind of weather. It will take a near perfect scenario for them to pull off the upset. I don't think it happens, but I'll go against the odds and say they keep it closer than most expect. My one caveat is that Ballard took the most improbable heart-breaking loss against Male last year and may be playing off a unique motivation. The universe has a way of balance sometimes.

Ballard gets a rematch at Trinity - IF Male beats Frederick Douglass
Ballard gets a home game against the winner of Ryle / Bryan Station - IF Frederick Douglass beats Male

Central Hardin would go to Male OR Trinity (IF Frederick Douglass beats Male)
If Central hardin is health this game is almost a pickem. Should be a great game.
Ballard by 14