Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris 31 Fairview 0
Final from Paris.
Congratulations to the Hounds.
Fairview showed up with only 12 players for the game and they agreed to start the game with a running clock. The game took just over an hour even with a 15 minute halftime.
I absolutely hate it for Fairview I really do. I’ve taken my fair share of potshots at them over the years due to the rivalry with my Rams. But it’s not funny now. They need to find some way to schedule some wins and get some interest in the program again. I hope they can find away to get at least to the point of being competitive again. But there’s absolutely no way they can on the varsity level with the number problems they are having. Kudos to the 12 kids that have stuck it out. I know for a fact the Manning kid is as competitive as it gets and will not go down without a fight. Kid has big potential.
How does Fairview’s total enrollment rank in the mix of all class A schools?
Pretty low. They are a very small school. According to KHSAA classification enrollment numbers, they are only 5 schools smaller than them in class A. Most of them look to be about the same size of them and all of them are consistently at the bottom of the pack in rankings.
Fairview’s biggest problem is its geography. The district sits on the border of the Russell, Ashland, and Boyd County school districts. All of which have stronger academic and athletic programs. This makes it difficult for Fairview to not only retain talent within its district but also bringing talent into the district as well. Honestly I’m surprised the district has been able to survive and not get absorbed into the districts that surround it.