Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A flaw found in the implementation of the RPI double play down exemption for Football
Don’t think Paris finishes ahead of Pikeville unless they beat Raceland or Pikeville loses to Boyd County.
Doesn't really matter who's seeded where. Pikeville ain't losing again, imo !!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Glory_Days, jetpilot
Here is my thing Raceland beat Pikeville so now if what is being said on this thread Raceland has to come back again to Pikeville in what ever round is not right that shows me all I need to know about RPI
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Orange Blaze, RAMDAD50
(10-10-2023, 07:24 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Here is my thing Raceland beat Pikeville so now if what is being said on this thread Raceland has to come back again to Pikeville in what ever round is not right that shows me all I need to know about RPI

true. It does seem like head to head should be more important than anything.
if that was forced though then teams would simply stop scheduling each other lol. There’s just no good way to go about it
Everyone knows to get good RPI in Class A you have to beat big schools. Raceland will be 1-3 against big schools Pikeville 4-1 with a win vs Boyd Co. That will be the difference. Beating Pulaski Co, Johnson Central, Belfry and Boyd County trumps beating Letcher Central every time and all this is known in advance.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Glory_Days, Orange Blaze
(10-10-2023, 07:24 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Here is my thing Raceland beat Pikeville so now if what is being said on this thread Raceland has to come back again to Pikeville in what ever round is not right that shows me all I need to know about RPI
My issue with RPI is how it is affecting home field advantage.  This system seems to punish teams for playing a difficult schedule in an effort to improve and rewards teams for going undefeated against weak competition.  If Raceland had lost against teams with a bad RPI then I wouldn’t have a problem with it but our losses came against Ashland who is 5th in 4A RPI and Highlands who is 2nd in 5A RPI.  We also have a probable loss coming against LCA who will likely finish on the top 3 RPI for 2A.

What baffles me is is Raceland had beaten teams in those same classes that weren’t in the top 10 RPI we would have gotten a higher rating and would probably be higher up in the RPI rankings.  It is what is is and complaining won’t change anything but it’s still really frustrating how it works.

(10-10-2023, 08:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Everyone knows to get good RPI in Class A you have to beat big schools. Raceland will be 1-3 against big schools Pikeville 4-1 with a win vs Boyd Co. That will be the difference. Beating Pulaski Co, Johnson Central, Belfry and Boyd County trumps beating Letcher Central every time and all this is known in advance.
I agree but I think I’d rather get better and lose to the teams that have beaten us then beat up on weaker big schools like we have in the past and not be prepared for tough playoff games.  The only game we really shouldn’t have played was Highlands.  That game really didn’t help us or them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville and Raceland are the top 2 teams in 1A.  I hope they get a chance to play with everyone healthy in the finals.
And you don’t get penalized for not getting laying ten games. Hey….let’s just play five games and wait for the playoffs. I mean I know Pikeville wants ten games for their kids. If not then that need to be reevaluated but to play less games and not go down in RPI??? RPI is trash …nobody will change my mind.
(10-10-2023, 08:55 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: And you don’t get penalized for not getting laying ten games. Hey….let’s just play five games and wait for the playoffs. I mean I know Pikeville wants ten games for their kids. If not then that need to be reevaluated but to play less games and not go down in RPI??? RPI is trash …nobody will change my mind.
But it’s the same trash for everyone and everyone knows exactly how it works so that should cut out the whining. Should lol
(10-10-2023, 09:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:55 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: And you don’t get penalized for not getting laying ten games. Hey….let’s just play five games and wait for the playoffs. I mean I know Pikeville wants ten games for their kids. If not then that need to be reevaluated but to play less games and not go down in RPI??? RPI is trash …nobody will change my mind.
But it’s the same trash for everyone and everyone knows exactly how it works so that should cut out the whining. Should lol
Also let’s not forget that Raceland and Pikeville would have never met in the championship in the old system that had Raceland and Pikeville’s regions meeting in the semis.  I actually didn’t mind that system because the first 3 rounds actually rewarded teams for their success within their class and didn’t account for the nondistrict games.
I can change your mind
I think Paris falls below Pikeville with their remaining schedules. Someone with more time could play out the calcualtions with all their opponents games too. This could very well be a pivotal point.
Unreal they have already updated the RPI's for Douglass and Bryan Station an hour after their game (even though they have not updated the records) and Station is still ahead of Douglass in the RPI. Hey on the positive side they did finally pass Tates Creek and 4-4 Ryle and 3-5 Henderson. lol