Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots 27 Ravens 24
Final.

A couple of bad calls down toward the end IMO. Oh well, Pats keep the perfect season alive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good game to watch and I thought that Clayton was going to get into the end zone on the hail mary play. Also what was Bart Scott thinking when he threw the flag into the stands? Crazy and immature move on his behalf. Congrats to New England on keeping their persuit of perfection alive. AGAIN.
Fun game to watch..
Nice win. But, once they clinch home field, they are crazy if they don't rest their players.
No way, they rest their players they are going for the prefect season! Im with you tho stupid move if they dont.

Congrats Pats!
You know Belichick he probably won't rest them as the regular season winds down.
Stupid plays by the Ravens down the stretch. They had like 55 penalty yards in the last 2 minutes of the game. #22 pretty much tackled Moss on the one play for an extra 10 yards, and then they held Ben Watson on a play that he wouldn't have caught anyways.

Then the Scott guy had two 15 yard penalties which was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Ravens deserved to lose this game after that pathetic breakdown at the end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Stupid plays by the Ravens down the stretch. They had like 55 penalty yards in the last 2 minutes of the game. #22 pretty much tackled Moss on the one play for an extra 10 yards, and then they held Ben Watson on a play that he wouldn't have caught anyways.

Then the Scott guy had two 15 yard penalties which was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Ravens deserved to lose this game after that pathetic breakdown at the end.

Brady couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass and the line barely ever gave him time anyways. If you watched the post-game interview, Tom Brady knew they should have lost, and it seems like he's so nervous and scared now that he's not even 10% of the quarterback that we've grown used to seeing.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
They just let it slip away from them But like i said 1 team will beat the Pats this year and the is the 0-12 Fins
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ESPN said the Ravens are blaming the refs.
The Ravens should be blaming their coaching staff...I think it was the D Coordnator that called that time-out right before Brady got stuffed on that 4th down. I don't see how they could blame the refs...they could have one if it wouldn't have been for all of their stupid penalties. But, football gets heated. I can understand why Scott threw the flag..tempers flare. But when your so close to knocking off the undefeated Pats, you gotta hold your temper.
vundy33 Wrote:The Ravens should be blaming their coaching staff...I think it was the D Coordnator that called that time-out right before Brady got stuffed on that 4th down. I don't see how they could blame the refs...they could have one if it wouldn't have been for all of their stupid penalties. But, football gets heated. I can understand why Scott threw the flag..tempers flare. But when your so close to knocking off the undefeated Pats, you gotta hold your temper.

The Ravens blame the refs because only the head coach can call timeout. Brady got stopped; game over.

Now, if they go 16-0 or 19-0, it will be tainted. It's sad that , if it does go through, the best NFL season in history will have an * next to it.......... actually, an * on both sides because they lost this game and the spy games.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Lets call a spade a spade. On one hand Baltimore definitely cost themselves the game. But on the other hand, the National Football League takes care of the New England Patriots.
BFritz Wrote:The Ravens blame the refs because only the head coach can call timeout. Brady got stopped; game over.

Now, if they go 16-0 or 19-0, it will be tainted. It's sad that , if it does go through, the best NFL season in history will have an * next to it.......... actually, an * on both sides because they lost this game and the spy games.

I hate the Pats as bad as anybody, but assisstant coaches are allowed to call timeouts all the time in 3rd and 4th down situations. Until they stop letting them do it all together I guess every game is tainted. It happens every weekend.

The Ravens cost theirselves this game. I won't say anything about the spying because I agree, but the Pats won this game fair and square.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I hate the Pats as bad as anybody, but assisstant coaches are allowed to call timeouts all the time in 3rd and 4th down situations. Until they stop letting them do it all together I guess every game is tainted. It happens every weekend.

The Ravens cost theirselves this game. I won't say anything about the spying because I agree, but the Pats won this game fair and square.

I don't think they're allowed to, even if it's done a lot.

Allowing the head coach to call a timeout by signaling to any official on the field. In the past, a player had to call the timeouts.

That's from http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7221737 And it speficially points out head coaches, not assistant
BFritz Wrote:I don't think they're allowed to, even if it's done a lot.

Allowing the head coach to call a timeout by signaling to any official on the field. In the past, a player had to call the timeouts.

That's from http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7221737 And it speficially points out head coaches, not assistant

Like I said, I hate the Pats too and it probably was wrong but they've been letting assistants still call the TO's all year in crucial situations even though it technically isn't allowed.

The Ravens should have sucked it up and done it again. Even after that their was a false start that put them to 4th and 6. They should have grown a pair and stopped them instead of whining about the timeout.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
disappointing outcome they deserved to loose
alfus21 Wrote:Like I said, I hate the Pats too and it probably was wrong but they've been letting assistants still call the TO's all year in crucial situations even though it technically isn't allowed.

The Ravens should have sucked it up and done it again. Even after that their was a false start that put them to 4th and 6. They should have grown a pair and stopped them instead of whining about the timeout.

I agree
i saw ravens players throwing helmets after the game. I would to if i lost to the #1 team by 2 yards. lol
How's this for proving my point: an anylist on a post-game special today (I can't remember which one, or it might have even been a halftime show), said that the Patriots WEREN'T undefeated because they lost that game.

Disagree with all of my points, say what you want, but that was AN NFL EXPERT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION

(that post may have seemed like it was specifically calling people out, but I'm not: I was just generalizing, and saying that even if you disagreed with my views, this was an expert. The caps were probably also unnecessay, but I was just using them for emphasis, not for hostility).
BFritz Wrote:How's this for proving my point: an anylist on a post-game special today (I can't remember which one, or it might have even been a halftime show), said that the Patriots WEREN'T undefeated because they lost that game.

Disagree with all of my points, say what you want, but that was AN NFL EXPERT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION

(that post may have seemed like it was specifically calling people out, but I'm not: I was just generalizing, and saying that even if you disagreed with my views, this was an expert).

:thatsfunn Go get em' Fritz. It doesn't make you right or wrong either way. For that one "expert" you quote there are 10 more who have said the Ravens lost the game themselves. I'm glad you finally found one that shares your opinion.

Thanks for proving us all wrong though.

Their record shows they haven't lost a game, therefore they are undefeated. Sucks, but it is true. This game and thread are both old. Done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]