Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1994 Leslie County vs. Breathitt County WYMT Game of the Week
1994 Leslie County vs. Breathitt County Region Championship Game

Big thanks to Mr. John Wooton for uploading these videos.
[-] The following 2 users Like Road Dog's post:
  • Bull got out!, TheStickyBandit
Thanks for posting that Road Dog. Leslie was loaded then.
It’s odd; as a player and coach- Whitaker got the better of Breathitt. Some have said he “owned” them.

But in the end- Hilton and Holcomb went on to win multiple titles and MW never got one.

Anyone have any stats on this????
Leslie was really good that year. This was the year prior to breathitt opening up the offense. Breathitt had two D1 players out that season with Matt sharp and Kenneth combs. Still even with them I don’t the the outcome would have been different. The very next year breathitt got a couple more weapons with Jon chapman and sharp back then they opened up the offense and started throwing it all over the field. I would have like to see breathitt and Leslie play in 95.
The 93 game between breathitt and Leslie was a much closer game if I remember correctly
(03-03-2023, 07:33 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Leslie was really good that year. This was the year prior to breathitt opening up the offense. Breathitt had two D1 players out that season with Matt sharp and Kenneth combs. Still even with them I don’t the the outcome would have been different. The very next year breathitt got a couple more weapons with Jon chapman and sharp back then they opened up the offense and started throwing it all over the field. I would have like to see breathitt and Leslie play in 95.
The 93 game between breathitt and Leslie was a much closer game if I remember correctly

I have heard Whitaker helped Holcomb a lot with the 1995 version of the offense, as he was off to Corbin and wouldn’t directly be playing Breathitt any longer.

Plus, Breathitt dropped to 2A in 95.

Sharp played at KSU and Combs at EKU; if I’m not mistaken. Rader and J. Chapman played at UK. While W. Chapman played at EKU with Combs.

(03-03-2023, 07:33 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Leslie was really good that year. This was the year prior to breathitt opening up the offense. Breathitt had two D1 players out that season with Matt sharp and Kenneth combs. Still even with them I don’t the the outcome would have been different. The very next year breathitt got a couple more weapons with Jon chapman and sharp back then they opened up the offense and started throwing it all over the field. I would have like to see breathitt and Leslie play in 95.