Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark 77 Perry County Central 36 (KHSAA Sweet 16)
Final from Rupp Arena in the first round of the KHSAA Sweet 16.

IMO, their isn't any team in this tournament that's better than GRC. They are the real deal and will be next season too.
Thought GRC would win comfortably (around 15-20 points) but never thought they'd double Perry up. They can be beat by about 5 teams in this tournament but if GRC plays their A game they win every game by double digits.
Blow out
from what i seen so far. I'd say then win every game in double digits
"GRC has won its six postseason games (two district, three region, one Sweet 16) by an average margin of 41.8 points. Closest game was a 57-45 victory over Mason County in 10th Region semifinal."

-Jason Frakes of the Courier-Journal
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • fatpatfan
Not ready to crown them yet, but you have to like GRC's position in the upper bracket. I'd said in the predictions thread for this game that there were four teams who would have been terrible draws for any of the other regions, and that GRC was one. My other three were Male, Covington Catholic, and Warren Central. Male and Warren Central drew one another. If Male were to win it, they could have faced Warren Central, Henry Clay, Covington Catholic, and GRC. It's debatable whether you could have drawn up a tougher road for Male than that using the field even if you tried.
I'd love to see them win the state title. I went to college with Josh Cook and always thought highly of him. Glad to see him doing well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • fatpatfan
All I can say is DAAAAMMMMNNNN. Honestly I felt like 15-20 but not 40 some. GRC is purty dang good but I think they will get a better game next round from North or Pikeville.
(11-30-2021, 01:16 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: When you add a player that is used to taking a lot of shots to a team that returns everyone things don’t always go as planned. Some of Perry’s returning players are going to have to take a lesser role now that Napier is there. At Estill the whole offense was build to get him shots I don’t see Perry’s players buying into that game plan.

And every now and then it works out just fine. All depends on the kid and their personality. In this situation, he brought a positive attitude and strong work ethic and a willingness to share the spotlight and make his teammates better.
3 lessons I take from this in order.

1. You win as a team and you lose as a team.
2. A little love goes a long way
3. You win as a team and you lose as a team.
#Perryproud
[Image:

]
Baby the King approves and ole Josh the Cook is a freaking mutha brutha!Phone rung at the ole trailer yesterday eve and said big guyz what up boi!Said Josh drop the hammer of the freaking basketball gods and crank the oven up to about 550 brutha like ole Fatpat does on the tater casserole!Wowza!  #knottcountyproud  #onceapatnowacardinal  #statetitle  #GRCequalsgoldenredcrinklefires  More mash taters please!!!
Reminds me of how Breathitt blew out Knott in the region. Like a mutha.