Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 64 Estill County 46 (14th Region Championship)
Final. 

Congrats PCC. Good luck with GRC. That's a bad, bad animal.

Estill couldn't buy a 3 and a basket in the second half.

Lots of questionable calls in the second half.
I think Estill shot two free throws entire second half.
how many turnovers did estill have? 25? Perry was 7-23 free throws in that second half as well, could’ve been a lot worse. refs were awful
Estill just couldn’t score in the second half

The big guy for Perry was the difference maker.. dudes a hoss cat on the glass
(03-08-2022, 10:38 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: how many turnovers did estill have? 25? Perry was 7-23 free throws in that second half as well, could’ve been a lot worse. refs were awful

Something about like that.

I agree.

Refs were pretty pretty awful.

Man what a fun game it would have been if Estill's players had games like they did against Wolfe and Cordia and if Napier was on fire. That could have been a fun one to watch.
Perry dominated as expected. Love the fact that they get to celebrate on Breathitts home court.
I didn't care who won really but the better team prevailed. I like both coaches. Hats off to Estill though. They really surprised a lot of people, me included.
Perry turned up in second half and played physical. Estill couldn’t handle it. Estill mentally was all over the place second half. Questionable calls for both teams but that didn’t beat nor win the game. The better team won. Congrats to Perry.

Estills head coach is a top notch guy, seems humble and very mature. The bearded assistant coached in the prior two games against Wolfe and Cordia displayed actions to some in the stands after the game that was an embarrassment to their school.
(03-08-2022, 10:47 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: Perry turned up in second half and played physical. Estill couldn’t handle it. Estill mentally was all over the place second half. Questionable calls for both teams but that didn’t beat nor win the game. The better team won. Congrats to Perry.

Estills head coach is a top notch guy, seems humble and very mature. The bearded assistant coached in the prior two games against Wolfe and Cordia displayed actions to some in the stands after the game that was an embarrassment to their school.

I Didn't see what he done in those two games. I do know him and he's a pretty nice guy. I think a lot of him and have Lots of respect.
King water boy is a idiot. He doesn’t know any of our players or coaches. It’s easy to hide behind a computer and say stupid stuff.

(03-08-2022, 10:51 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:47 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: Perry turned up in second half and played physical. Estill couldn’t handle it. Estill mentally was all over the place second half. Questionable calls for both teams but that didn’t beat nor win the game. The better team won. Congrats to Perry.

I Didn't see what he done in those two games. I do know him and he's a pretty nice guy. I think a lot of him and have Lots of respect.

He didn’t do anything except coach his team, water boy 15th. Is a coward. He doesn’t know anyone from Estill co.
Must be a bad feeling for Napier to leave your team and beat them in the finals.
My take away from this game is
Perry needs to work on there free throws BAD and Estill like Breathitt had way too many turnovers.
The young guard that subbed in for Estill shows some promise for the future. They had several nice young players.
Mckenzie balled out.
Congratulations to the seniors on a good run. There was no shame in getting beat by Perry. They have something you can't coach or teach. They play team ball because they understand that a win for your team mate is a win for you. Unselfishness is a rare trait these days and these guys displayed that night in and night out.

If I were a coaching in this game I would have started the foul fest at the start of the 4th quarter to try to take advantage of there free throw shooting and cut into the lead.
(03-09-2022, 01:12 AM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: Must be a bad feeling for Napier to leave your team and beat them in the finals.

I would say it was bitter sweet at the same time. Congrats Perry
Congratulations to the Big Dawg Lanse McKenzie. MVP. Hard work paid off.
Heck ya, congratulations to Lanse. He played his heart out and was a great choice. I love how they all were happy for him. They all were mvps.