Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 34 - Sheldon Clark 7
I think it will be alot better next game. Both teams have got a feel for each other and Sc won't be as nervous IMO.
NERVOUS??? WHAT? boy, the jitters get gone in the first quarter.. if they are still nervous, they'll always be.. why can't you guys just face it?... Sheldon Clark is overrated..
mrfootball03 Wrote:NERVOUS??? WHAT? boy, the jitters get gone in the first quarter.. if they are still nervous, they'll always be.. why can't you guys just face it?... Sheldon Clark is overrated..

Only losses coming from 2 top rated teams, I don't think so! And don't start that weak schedule stuff. Most area teams have only played a few really good teams.
Hail Mary Wrote:Only losses coming from 2 top rated teams, I don't think so! And don't start that weak schedule stuff. Most area teams have only played a few really good teams.
The main thing he was commenting about was SC gettin beat because of the jitters. Which was not so, they ddint make the mental mistakes (turnovers, penalties) but Belfry did. SC came out and played their best ball in the first quarter, if they had all the jitters then it wouldnt have been that way.
As far as the scheduling goes, man truth is truth, Their schedule in no way prepared them for two weeks like they had to face. And SC is overrated to what most people thought, Belfry and Bell are both good teams but most SC fans thought this was the year for the pizza box. Most ppl and myself included in the preseason thought SC was right up there with Belfry and Bell Co. So for us that had that preseason expectations, yeah they have proved to be somewhat overrated, they are a good team, but not great, you know what I mean?
Everyone keeps saying SC has had and easy schedule....well maybe, but other than Corbin who has Belfry played that made their schedule so tough????!!!!
And for heart for SC... The Senior and Juniors play their heart out no matter the score ... The lower classmen give up heart, but I guess that is lack of leadership from the upperclassmen.
guesswho Wrote:Everyone keeps saying SC has had and easy schedule....well maybe, but other than Corbin who has Belfry played that made their schedule so tough????!!!!
Does it matter? They distroyed SC, so the point is useless. Big Grin
I made a mistake above... Meant to say Corbin, not Boyd. We shut down CORBIN. My mistake. We don't see those teams very often, and I got them mixed up Tongue

So, Corbin we were sloppier, and they didn't score. Boyd was a very good football team as I recall, but I only saw the video of the scrimmage, as I had to work that night. And yes, Boyd did score several times in the scrimmage. Hazard also scored on us in -that- scrimmage, and IMO we were fairly solid that day.
I don't think SC is overrated. They were rated #4 in 3A, and I believe that is probably where they should be. They'll fall with their 2nd loss in a row, I'm sure, but it doesn't really matter. All that should matter to them right now is making improvements and adjustments and getting ready for the playoffs. They've lost to the #1 ranked teams in 4a and 3a, and that shouldn't be looked at as disappointing. The Cardinal fans might have had higher expectations than the rest of us, but you always have to root for your team, and you can never admit that your district rival, who's ranked #1, is going to roll over you, even if you know it's going to happen.

That said, the first half of last nights game was an amazing bit of football. SC just didn't come back out of the locker room with the right mindset, or they left most of everything they had on the field before the half. They aren't a bad football team. They did better than anyone else has this year against us.
Hail Mary Wrote:Only losses coming from 2 top rated teams, I don't think so! And don't start that weak schedule stuff. Most area teams have only played a few really good teams.

All these SC fans talking about how they are a touchdown or 2 better than Belfry.. and how Bell would beat Belfry too... Well the truth is.. SC is the one not up to par..
Sarrr Wrote:I made a mistake above... Meant to say Corbin, not Boyd. We shut down CORBIN. My mistake. We don't see those teams very often, and I got them mixed up Tongue

So, Corbin we were sloppier, and they didn't score. Boyd was a very good football team as I recall, but I only saw the video of the scrimmage, as I had to work that night. And yes, Boyd did score several times in the scrimmage. Hazard also scored on us in -that- scrimmage, and IMO we were fairly solid that day.
Its okay. Everyone makes mistakes. I can just say that Belfry line IS HUGE!!! But I just wanted to make sure everything was correct.
Crossbones Wrote:Does it matter? They distroyed SC, so the point is useless. Big Grin

That's what I was about to saySmile
TheyKnowMe Wrote:I think it will be alot better next game. Both teams have got a feel for each other and Sc won't be as nervous IMO.

That's a lame position to take. These teams know each other. SC came out fired up...and played a very good 1st quarter. However, they were overwhelmed by a better football team. Will that happen again in the playoffs? Who knows.....they may not even face each other. But....be big enough to accept the defeat graciously...instead of making excuses. The best team won Friday.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:That's a lame position to take. These teams know each other. SC came out fired up...and played a very good 1st quarter. However, they were overwhelmed by a better football team. Will that happen again in the playoffs? Who knows.....they may not even face each other. But....be big enough to accept the defeat graciously...instead of making excuses. The best team won Friday.

true statement
Belfry made adjustments. Sheldon Clark didn't.
Here is what I mean.

Keep it about the game and not about childish personal jabs.

I am about a step or two from making examples out of a few so people will understand how to post in the forums.
Midee1 Wrote:Here is what I mean.

Keep it about the game and not about childish personal jabs.

I am about a step or two from making examples out of a few so people will understand how to post in the forums.
:Thumbs: Just defending myself.
alright, I apologize. was just being a smarta$$. I'll keep it related to football for now on.
guesswho Wrote:Everyone keeps saying SC has had and easy schedule....well maybe, but other than Corbin who has Belfry played that made their schedule so tough????!!!!

Belfry has destroyed every team in their path including the Corbin team you mentioned. here is Belfry's non-district teams:

Corbin- Pirates shut out Corbin 21-0 and outgained them 3 to 1, held Corbin to negative rushing yards and just 120+ total yards. Since then Corbin has rolled to 8 straight wins and could evry well be the best 2A team in the state, the Redhounds have also been an offensive machine.

Lawrence County- The 4A Bulldogs sadly have been disappointing, but Belfry dominated them as so with a 53-0 lead after the first series of the 2nd half.

Shelby Valley- The Wildcats have a winning record and will be fighting for the district title in their 2A district. Belfry once again held a monsterous lead early in the 3rd before pulling the starters.

Pikeville- Belfry punished the Panthers to the tune of 49-7, Pikeville is currently a Top 7 team in 1A and has as good of shot as anyone to make the state finals out of the East this year in 1A (Beechwood plays in the West bracket this season). Pikeville's only other losses came to LexCath and Pburg, Belfry dominated the Panthers and completely shut down their offense.

Throwing out LC (as both teams defeated the Bulldogs) , I will say without any hesitation that Shelby Valley is 2 TD's better than anyone Sheldon Clark has defeated this season. Pikeville is 3 TD's better, and Corbin would dominate anyone in SC's win collumn.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:I think it will be alot better next game. Both teams have got a feel for each other and Sc won't be as nervous IMO.

So did they play the whole game nervous, or did they just decide to be come nervous in the 3rd Quarter?

Belfry's 1st string offense failed to score on only two posessions, the INT at the end of the half, and the drive that stalled at midfield after a costly penalty. Both of those failed opportunities can eb directly correlated with the Pirate's stopping themselves. I could agree with you about enrves playing a role in this one had SC really struggled coming out fot he gates and fumbled the ball, but from what I saw, that first half might have been the best ball the Cards have played all season.

Coach Hager had the guts to admit on WYMT that Belfry kicked his team's butt and they ahve alot of impoving to do to catch up, can't you?
Cardsftw2010 Wrote:alright, I apologize. was just being a smarta$$. I'll keep it related to football for now on.
No problems here.:Thumbs:
Here's my 2 cents worth of knowledge. Belfry was VERY flat come the 1st quarter. SC came to play football. Belfry was very undisciplined getting several penalties that could have cost them dearly in a close game. Belfry did not wrap up while tackling. I am a Belfry football fan to the very core BUT this team is lacking something it had 3-4 weeks ago (prior to the injuries). I do think Belfry is the #1 team in 3A but its about getting better each week and they have failed to do that in the past 3 weeks. I'm hoping they will get back on track before the Johnson Central game. This team could make history and do what NO other BELFRY team has ever done and thats a undefeated season.

Congrads to my former coach Haywood he deserves all the praise he is getting.

Go Pirates.
Congrats to my idol, Coach Haywood on #300!! I agree PB5, Coach Haywood epitomizes class and respect, and on top of that, is a fabulous football coach. Congrats Pirates, and keep workin hard SC, your a fine football team..